[Ambient Dubstep] Evil in the Woods
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 25-09-2016, 04:14 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752900
[Ambient Dubstep] Evil in the Woods

Hey guys, so i've been working on this one for the last week or so, I'm planning to release it around Halloween on my main page. I'm trying to get it sounding as pristine as possible. So If you guys could nit pick like crazy, that would be swell haha. Any ideas that could possibly help the track out are also welcome!

Last edited by Chaotix; 01-10-2016 at 09:42 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient Dubstep] Evil in the Woods.
Old 25-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
thanatos
Master of the LFO
thanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MC
MC Status: 733536
Re: [Ambient Dubstep] Evil in the Woods

IT NEED HARDCORE KICKORZ

seriously boost the 50 hz of your sub for more omph
and add some high end to the kick to make it click and be more precise
other than that it's good and a real journey

------------------
thanatos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #3
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
IT NEED HARDCORE KICKORZ

seriously boost the 50 hz of your sub for more omph
and add some high end to the kick to make it click and be more precise
other than that it's good and a real journey
Sure I'll try the boost, but i disagree about the high in the kick. I don't want it to be like traditional dubstep kicks.

------------------
Old 05-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #4
AndytheWarg
Learning The Ropes
AndytheWarg will become famous soon enoughAndytheWarg will become famous soon enough
Seattle, WA
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
Sure I'll try the boost, but i disagree about the high in the kick. I don't want it to be like traditional dubstep kicks.
Agreed. The heady folk tend to like that softer, subby kick
AndytheWarg is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:25 AM   #5
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndytheWarg View Post
Agreed. The heady folk tend to like that softer, subby kick
Exactly man, reminds me too much of that bro steppy stuff that i hate haha.

------------------
Old 07-10-2016, 02:09 AM   #6
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310

I would be careful with that 50hz sub.. especially when you can barely hear that shit. If your analyzer says its there then its there.

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #7
synkrotron
Analog Lurker
synkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant future
Warrington
MC Status: 1560

Mix sounded pretty clear to me, although I will add that I'm listening on earbuds. Not bad earbuds, but earbuds all the same.

Nice use of space throughout this piece too.

I am not expert on the genre as I'm a bit ancient and I still think along the lines of Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk as far as electronic music us concerned. Reason I say that is, despite what peeps think the genre requires, in term of "kick," I think it sounds just fine...

cheers

andy
synkrotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:24 AM   #8
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25860

Very nice
Needs to be longer! And scarier!
I really like the bell like airy lead!
Army of Darkness at the start?

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #9
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6610

I liked everything I heard

I agree with jbvdb493 regarding the lenght of the track. The arrangement could easily be stretched and there by making the track longer.

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:45 PM   #10
Xinus
Granular Poster
Xinus has a spectacular aura aboutXinus has a spectacular aura about
Copenhagen
MC Status: 160

Sounds absolutely great! I love the crispy clicky beat in the middle. Plenty of bass here on these Adam A7. Longer yes!
Xinus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #11
loonatix
Learning The Ropes
loonatix is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Nice work. very etherical. An interesting journey in sound. Thumbs up!
loonatix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #12
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Very nice
Needs to be longer! And scarier!
I really like the bell like airy lead!
Army of Darkness at the start?
Ah i know it from Evil Dead, I haven't actually seen Army of Darkness, but it could be in there too since it's a spin off of Evil Dead haha.

Advertisements

------------------