Alternative Dubstep - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 14-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #21
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
kingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MC
London/South Coast
MC Status: 3901373
Re: Alternative Dubstep

Clouds is wikkid. I recommend you subscribe to the 'Hotflush Podcast' latest one was provided by Clouds and is some next level shit.
'Ere's some more tuna.

Fuck the midrange, but with artists like this still active there's hope yet. The scene seems to have divided into two very different sounds, I know which one I'm following.

Advertisements

------------------
kingldub is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 05:23 AM   #22
HugeK
Regular Freak
HugeK is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

wow those vids are awesome!!!
HugeK is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #23
thechemist
Knob Twiddler
thechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1862

Wooo Indian Stomp is my shit man, loving that tune, I've got a couple more to share with you guys, since I've been away for a bit this will be like a full update of my favourites of the last couple weeks

Enjoy

From the mighty Kraken Recordings of Denmark

Ever since Kingldub introduced me to Kito I've been rinsing this one, can't beat how chilled but edgy it is, so balanced

Another one from Kraken, 2000f and J Kamata on remix duties, this one's smoooth

This one's wicked too, definitely worth a listen, big vocal too

This one for the bashment crew haha Warrior Queen is a shotta you a grasshoppa

O and welcome to the party Hugek nice to have you with us sir

------------------
thechemist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #24
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
kingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MC
London/South Coast

Nice tunes as always. Kito is always on point. Anyways seeing as this is the 'Alternative Dubstep' thread aka no wobble or midrange allowed, I figured we could indulge in the darkside as well as the light. There's a mix from Bong-ra in my blog that I think some of you might like, real dark and moody, have a listen if you like.
http://myharddrivesfullofmixtapes.bl...s-live-in.html
Quote:
"I recently did a one off set as 'The Goat of Mendes' in Rotterdam at the Deformer CD presentation night in Waterfont. Mixing old industrial (Godflesh, Pitch Shifter..), deathmetal (Carcass..) and new stuff (Earth, Burial Chamber Trio..) with my favourite dubstep producers (King Cannibal, Broken Note..), also playing guitar feedbacking and parts over it.
I mixed it live with Ableton with the Faderfox LV-1, using fx on the tracks and recording and looping the guitar with the Roland FC-300 pedal and the Boss 500L expression pedal."
Pretty good stuff, not exactly summer vibes though. You can't really go wrong with King Cannibal and Broken Note when it comes to heavier stuff IMO.

------------------
Old 30-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #25
thechemist
Knob Twiddler
thechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant futurethechemist has a brilliant future

Downloading it now matey! I've been busy lately not had much time to check back at IDMf, I'm definitely bookmarking your blog though it looks mint. Anyway I'll have some more deep dubstep later on and maybe a Theo Parrish vid too because I've been obsessed with his music this week. I also remixed the song from the haagen-daaz advert too, so I might actually upload that because it is very chilled out if I may say so myself

------------------
Old 30-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #26
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechemist View Post
Downloading it now matey! I've been busy lately not had much time to check back at IDMf, I'm definitely bookmarking your blog though it looks mint. Anyway I'll have some more deep dubstep later on and maybe a Theo Parrish vid too because I've been obsessed with his music this week. I also remixed the song from the haagen-daaz advert too, so I might actually upload that because it is very chilled out if I may say so myself
Haagen-daaz advert? Don't really watch TV so it'll be all new to me lol. Have to give that a listen, think I'm following you on soundcloud anyways mate.

------------------
Old 30-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #27
thechemist
Knob Twiddler

I know me either, I was at my mum's house and it came on while I was making a cuppa, then my brother came in beatboxing it with the vocal, and told me to do a dubstep remix so I followed his orders haha, I'll up it on soundcloud later on I think, I've been a bit selfish because it lives on my mp3 player at the mo. You on youtube aswell kingl?

------------------
Old 30-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #28
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

Quote:
I know me either, I was at my mum's house and it came on while I was making a cuppa, then my brother came in beatboxing it with the vocal, and told me to do a dubstep remix so I followed his orders haha, I'll up it on soundcloud later on I think, I've been a bit selfish because it lives on my mp3 player at the mo. You on youtube aswell kingl?
Awesome.
I am on youtube yeah but I never use my channel for anything other than watching videos and making sarcastic-I'm-better-than-you comments, because that's how I roll.

------------------
Old 30-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #29
thechemist
Knob Twiddler

Lmao I roll the same way except I occasionally upload tunes too. I'll have that tune up later on then geeza watch this space

------------------
Old 30-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #30
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

Quote:
Lmao I roll the same way except I occasionally upload tunes too. I'll have that tune up later on then geeza watch this space
Will do mate

------------------
Old 06-06-2010, 02:15 AM   #31
thechemist
Knob Twiddler

Got some more tunes for you guys

Silkie

Mount Kimbie, not strictly dubstep but still awesome

Kind of like Silkie except his name's Quest

DJ Madd

DJ Madd again, plus if you can get your hands on his collab with Von D you definitely should

And I did promise a little chilled out roller from myself so here it is, my brother liked the song from the haagen daz advert so much he wanted a remix, so I gave it a shot because I'm a big fan of Richard Hawley

Enjoy!

------------------
Old 08-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #32
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

Liking that remix ya done Chemist, good on ya, still don't know the original tho lol

Anyways I did a new mix over the weekend and uploaded it to my blog, feel it's appropriate to post it in here.

Quote:
I'm getting a little fed up with people thinking Dubstep is all Midrange wank and shitty Top 40 remixes so I thought I'd do a mix to show how eclectic the genre is. I did this over the weekend and can't for the life of me remember the exact tracklisting (didn't write it down either) but you can expect tunes from Breakage, Distance, Vaccine, Silkie, Guido, Ikonika, Joker and more.
It's a whole 90 minutes long as well so it's a little longer than my usual.
KingLDub - It's not all Midrange and Top 40 remixes ya know

Feel free to check out some of the other new bits on the blog if you want.

------------------
Old 09-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #33
thechemist
Knob Twiddler

Thanks bud, I know I shouldn't toot my own horn but I never skip past it on my mp3 player although the intro could be halved I think. The original will be in the related videos mate.

Can't wait for this mix man, I'm downloading as I type this. O yeah and I like dubstep too they're a really cool band, especially the lead singer she's like totally awesome and stuff.

Edit: I'm listening now. . . is that David Rodigan I hear ? The second tune's coming in now, woah, yeah definitely a good mix so far mate and I'm only two in

Last edited by thechemist; 09-06-2010 at 01:57 PM..

------------------
Old 09-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #34
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

Quote:
Thanks bud, I know I shouldn't toot my own horn but I never skip past it on my mp3 player although the intro could be halved I think. The original will be in the related videos mate.

Can't wait for this mix man, I'm downloading as I type this. O yeah and I like dubstep too they're a really cool band, especially the lead singer she's like totally awesome and stuff.

Edit: I'm listening now. . . is that David Rodigan I hear ? The second tune's coming in now, woah, yeah definitely a good mix so far mate and I'm only two in
Dubstep are awesome, they're my new favourite band.

Indeed it is Rodigan. Breakage feat David Rodigan - Together.

Enjoy the mix, there's a couple of pauses (just the two) cos my mate was distracting me at the time lol but it's not a bad mix. Had to up it to megaupload cos I'm out of space on the soundcloud.

------------------
Old 11-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #35
thechemist
Knob Twiddler

Can't you take one down and get your minutes back? My mate did that the other day, he thought he couldn't but sc let him apparently, you have to try uploading I think, then it asks you if you want to delete or something. When I speak to him I'll ask him for you mate. I got 46 mins through so still got half left for tomorrow, really enjoyed it tbh I don't usually have the attention span for mixes, but this held my interest very well, I even had to put it on my mp3 good work very thoughtful mix

------------------
Old 11-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #36
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

Quote:
Can't you take one down and get your minutes back? My mate did that the other day, he thought he couldn't but sc let him apparently, you have to try uploading I think, then it asks you if you want to delete or something. When I speak to him I'll ask him for you mate. I got 46 mins through so still got half left for tomorrow, really enjoyed it tbh I don't usually have the attention span for mixes, but this held my interest very well, I even had to put it on my mp3 good work very thoughtful mix
Cheers mate. Nah, I will upgrade eventually, then upload the mixes that won't fit on there. Might try and record another one this weekend while everyone else is out watching the world cup.

------------------
Old 22-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #37
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

This thread needs a bump before it drowns in the sea of spam that this sub forum has become. Don't know if you guys are familiar with the DJ Kicks series but Kode 9 is doing one. Anyways Mary Ann Hobbs posted this interview with the man himself on her facebook http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...usive-mp3.html it's an interesting read.

------------------
Old 22-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #38
bizzle
Regular Freak
bizzle is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Its all about the Anti Social camp .. Silkie etc u americans need to know!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anti-S...03921679642785
have a listen to there beats\

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...PD-LgaIKn_shKA
bizzle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #39
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
Its all about the Anti Social camp .. Silkie etc u americans need to know!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anti-S...03921679642785
have a listen to there beats\

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...PD-LgaIKn_shKA
Big fan of Silkie and the purple sound in general.

------------------
Old 23-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #40
thechemist
Knob Twiddler

Ha cheers for the bumpage king, I haven't been around much lately been concentrating on my production skills (or trying to develop some depending on how you look at it) I'll put some videos up soon as I can : ) Keep it DEEEEEEEP

ps I'll check out the interview too, bookmarked that straight away

Advertisements

------------------