Best ambient / downtempo mixes
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 28-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #1
burner
Learning The Ropes
burner will become famous soon enoughburner will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Best ambient / downtempo mixes

Hey folks,

New to the forum, though been lurking on and off for a while. You lot have helped me find some sterling music - cheers!

I've just started mixing again after a decade's hiatus - and started mixing downtempo for the first time. I'm on the look out for some inspiration. What are your favourite downtempo and/or ambient mixes? (As in, sets mixed together by DJs). To get the ball rolling, here are a few of mine.

- Nick Warren's Ambient Mix August 2009 -

Absolutely sublime set, with one of the best few track openings I've heard. This saw me off to sleep on many an Indian bus ride while I was travelling.

- Tipper's downtempo Shambhala set -

This mix has provided the music for so many wonky nights. A downtempo mix with scratching in it too - works a treat.

- TRC's Downgraded mix -

A long, meticulously crafted mix by TRC from the nuskoolbreaks forum (who, as far as I know, is just a bedroom DJ). Sadly the link seems to be broken now. But I'll see if I can upload it somewhere...

Right then... over to you

PS: Tried to copy links in but I'm too new to be allowed Google will see you right though....

Last edited by burner; 29-05-2017 at 08:28 AM..

Advertisements

burner is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote