Industrial Soundtrack for the Urban Decay, new documentary on industrial
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:52 AM   #1
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776
Industrial Soundtrack for the Urban Decay, new documentary on industrial

I haven't seen this posted here yet, so I thought I'd do so, feel free to delete if I missed it, but looks pretty solid.

Seems to generally focus more on the more noisey, experimental parts of the genre (i.e avoiding industrial rock, ebm, etc...)

Anyways, looks like it's going to be released in the next few months, definitely excited to see it!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Also, they are looking for donations for post-production work, you can follow the "donate" link if you want to help out.

I also suggest checking out the Mixtape area for Industrial playlists from Surgeon, Imminent, Scanner, Test Dept, etc...

Advertisements

penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #2
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31460
Re: Industrial Soundtrack for the Urban Decay, new documentary on industrial

Definitely looks interesting!
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:48 AM   #3
Kutkh_Jackdaw
Granular Poster
Kutkh_Jackdaw has a spectacular aura aboutKutkh_Jackdaw has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I saw this at a cinema screening when it was first released last year. I didn't really know anything about industrial, but coming from a punk background, I was interested. Really good film, and it got me into discovering different industrial music. It was pretty short though.
Kutkh_Jackdaw is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 05:31 AM   #4
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataliaZombie View Post
This DVD might just be another way to make a buck. I don't like their marketing tactics:

I got a Bandcamp email notification from '[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
' or something like that with the name of the director: 'Amélie'. She bought one track from my netlabel for 1.00. She didn't have a Bandcamp fan account.

I think that is subtle marketing because I just had to google 'industrialdvd' to see what it was about.
If they want 'donations' they don't need to get it this lame way.

Nowadays you can make your own documentary with a cell phone for free. Just sayin'.
So she bought a track from you, and you had to go out of your way to find out what the project was, and think that was a solicitation?

anyway, it was a well produced movie with a lot of the pioneers of industrial appearing in it, not some slapped together cell phone video. The project was almost completely self-funded, and I'm guessing it took a lot of work, and probably travel to get all the various interviews (I noticed you like rhythmic noise, among the interviews were Udo Weismann of Hands, and Stefan Alt of Ant-Zen).

if you want a different opinion from the one you've suggested, from somebody whose thoughts on the subject might be deemed relevant, start watching this at 6:03 in:

Last edited by penguinoid; 23-05-2016 at 06:06 AM..

------------------
Old 23-05-2016, 08:55 AM   #5
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269462608
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,849 Posts

I went to see this at a screening too, quite interesting but it felt more like an extended trailer than a full blown documentary...

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #6
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281249
Thanked 1,174 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
(I noticed you like rhythmic noise, among the interviews were Udo Weismann of Hands, and Stefan Alt of Ant-Zen)
Color me intrigued.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 04:56 AM   #7
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
Color me intrigued.
Stefan was the only one who made it into the film, but I think they had the full interviews on the dvd extras

------------------
Old 24-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #8
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I went to see this at a screening too, quite interesting but it felt more like an extended trailer than a full blown documentary...
yeah, it was definitely fast paced and over before I wanted it to be, but I did appreciate how they packed a lot of info into the short format.

Advertisements

------------------