Lexicon reverb VST and Izotope Ozone 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 29-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
Bergnermd
Sample Destroyer
Bergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant future
Wisconsin
MC Status: 1610

Hello every one

Over the next couple months I am looking at making some pretty decent purchases for my studio

I have read some reviews online and done a bit of digging on the two mentioned above, I would like to see if any users have any other words of wisdom to pass along to me, and or other suggestions

I am also looking at buying sylenth1.
I currently am strictly using NI's komplete 10 and for the majority of the time using Massive

I like over all sound from the following song for instance,
Deadmau5's- aural psynapse, avaritia, strobe
Zedd's- Shave it, follow you down, Don't slam the door, and his popular stuff like clarity and spectrum

I like massive but there is certain sound to the synth that I am trying to move away from
If there is another synth that works well like Nexus I would love to hear imput

Thank you guys =)

Advertisements

------------------
Bergnermd is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540677
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,313 Posts
Re: Lexicon reverb VST and Izotope Ozone 6

Keep in mind that Sylenth is only 32 bit. so if you are using 64 bit ableton you'll need to use a VST wrapper to utilize it, i'd recommend JBridge.

As far as the Lexicon goes, what are you trying to get out of it? If you already have Komplete than you might want to look into the SpaceMaster reverb ensemble that comes with Reaktor. Might save you some cash there since, like, you already have it.

As far as Ozone goes. I dunno, never used it. I have a handful of plugins I use for mastering and Ozone isn't one of them. I'm sure its plenty capable.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 05:24 PM   #3
Bergnermd
Sample Destroyer
Bergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant futureBergnermd has a brilliant future
Wisconsin
MC Status: 1610

Quote:
Keep in mind that Sylenth is only 32 bit. so if you are using 64 bit ableton you'll need to use a VST wrapper to utilize it, i'd recommend JBridge.
Thank you for the heads up, Did not have that bit of info in mind

Quote:
As far as the Lexicon goes, what are you trying to get out of it? If you already have Komplete than you might want to look into the SpaceMaster reverb ensemble that comes with Reaktor. Might save you some cash there since, like, you already have it.
It would be my go to reverb unit, from what I understand the bundle comes with 7 different reveb units. A lot of people working at sweetwater recommend it, and I eventually want to come up with nice clean sounds.
I do not mean at all that you can not get nice clean sounds from other units by this! I am just looking for a high quality reverb.

I have never worked with Reaktor, I have pulled it up here and there to figure it out, I can't get it to work so I move on. lol yup
Please don't judge me

------------------
Bergnermd is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #4
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

Ozone is pretty awesome. Izotope is really visual with there plug-ins, which I am a fan of. I have not used the lexicon vst's. I did play around with a lexicon hardware fx module that was pretty legit. Like Chase said earlier, If you already own Komplete 10, look into plugins that fit within the software you already own. Chances are, they will be superb and more affordable than starting from scratch.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 AM   #5
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergnermd View Post

I have never worked with Reaktor, I have pulled it up here and there to figure it out, I can't get it to work so I move on. lol yup
Please don't judge me

Kinda know how you feel, however give it another go. You don't have to learn the editing capabilities of reaktor. Just figure out how to load all of the stuff that's already made for you. There's some quality ensembles in there.

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #6
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 62360
Thanked 1,247 Times in 917 Posts

Ozone is pretty awesome, but really heavy on CPU load. I like how visual it is, albeit the GUI seems a tiny bit dated. Ozone 7 is coming out, soon, and they're offering free upgrades to anyone buying now.
I am wondering what the pros on this forum think about Ozone's capabilities. I'm sure I am only scratching the surface of what it's capable of.
That said, I must say that FabFilter's suite looks to be a good contender. Very clean sound, very clean and intuitive interfaces. Their multi band compressor is a slick tool.

On a different note... does anyone have a good recommendation for a multi-band splitter for logic that would let me send different frequency ranges to specific destinations?

Andy

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540677
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post
Kinda know how you feel, however give it another go. You don't have to learn the editing capabilities of reaktor. Just figure out how to load all of the stuff that's already made for you. There's some quality ensembles in there.

this.

i do some tinkering in reaktor but im no power user. the user library is huge and has more synths, drum machines, effects etc than one could utilize in a year. dont overlook it!

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8560480
Thanked 7,391 Times in 5,225 Posts

If you insist on buying something new, buy Valhalla Vintage and Valhalla Room...you'll get em for 50USD each and never need anything else again. Valhalla DSP is notoriously light on CPU in my experience (not that I use many reverbs in one project).

Please do yourself a favor and TRY something from Valhalla. It is one of the few VSTs or pieces of hardware I've ever bought that elicited and still does a verbal "wow!" from me. In short, it is the tits.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:11 PM   #9
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
If you insist on buying something new, buy Valhalla Vintage and Valhalla Room...you'll get em for 50USD each and never need anything else again. Valhalla DSP is notoriously light on CPU in my experience (not that I use many reverbs in one project).

Please do yourself a favor and TRY something from Valhalla. It is one of the few VSTs or pieces of hardware I've ever bought that elicited and still does a verbal "wow!" from me. In short, it is the tits.

Jup, Valhalla verbs are pretty!

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote