Looking for genre...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Techno Techno Techno Techno Techno

Old 04-08-2017, 07:29 AM   #1
Lejon
IDMf's latest spammer
Lejon is currently spamming hard
Thailand
MC Status: 10
Looking for genre...

I have found a track I think is Minimal Techno but I have a hard time to find anything like it, I would like to find playlists of the same kind of music.

The track is:
Coronita - Cocaine

I like it clean and simple but dark and heavy without people saying stuff, I just want my own thoughts and not a sample or other voice constantly disturbing me. All I have is the above song that is closest to what I'm looking for but it's hard to find more like it that is not littered with annoying stuff.

I need dark shit without melody happy picnic sounds and samples and as little talk/voices as possible. What kind of genre am I looking for?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Advertisements

Lejon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
TheSampleThief
Analog Lurker
TheSampleThief is a name known to allTheSampleThief is a name known to allTheSampleThief is a name known to allTheSampleThief is a name known to allTheSampleThief is a name known to allTheSampleThief is a name known to all
MC Status: 610
Re: Looking for genre...

As far as I can tell, the track is indeed minimal (techno), but they often have those weird happy bing bing bing's. I think you might like some of this stuff (Techno, also called Dark Techno).

You might like Boris Brechja, he calls this genre "High-Tech Minimal". His label (FCKNG Serious) features lots of artists with the same kind of style.

New weekly podcast by Thomas Schumacher, he talks a bit but he also names the tracks, so it's a great starting point to find other stuff.

My absolute favourite Techno producer/DJ "Stephan Bodzin" and his amazing LP "Powers of Ten". It's a bit more melodic, but very deep, dark and extremely well produced (this guy is a god to me and insanely good live as well).

If you like the stuff above, you might also like Victor Ruiz, K.A.L.I.L., ANNA, Alex Stein, Clint Stewart, Oliver Huntemann, Maksim Dark, Dubfire, Stephan Hinz, Township Rebellion, Pan-Pot, Fur Coat, Maceo Plex etc.

Last edited by TheSampleThief; 04-08-2017 at 10:40 AM..

------------------
TheSampleThief is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TheSampleThief
Lejon (04-08-2017)
Old 04-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
Lejon
IDMf's latest spammer
Lejon is currently spamming hard
Thailand
MC Status: 10
Re: Looking for genre...

Thanks TheSampleThief!

I've listen to the stuff you recommended and I got stuck on Boris Brechja, he's not my style in every way (but I guess no one are), but some, maybe even a lot of his stuff is really deep and heavy and I like it very much!

Thanks again!

Last edited by Lejon; 04-08-2017 at 03:31 PM..

Advertisements

Lejon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote