Is this composition in B minor?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 11-07-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
DjRapitops
DjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 2010
Is this composition in B minor?

Hey, I've been writing this song into midi (since I couldn't find one online).
But then I wondered what key it was in, and after a couple tries with the Piano Roll's scale highlighting I landed on B minor

However there are couple notes on D#6 - does this affect the key or are they just couple notes that are purposefully out of key? (Or did I get them wrong? )

(Lighter lines are notes that are in B minor)

(D# notes at around 0:28 and 0:48)

Advertisements

------------------
DjRapitops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
TheStumps
Analog Lurker
TheStumps has much to be proud ofTheStumps has much to be proud ofTheStumps has much to be proud ofTheStumps has much to be proud ofTheStumps has much to be proud ofTheStumps has much to be proud ofTheStumps has much to be proud ofTheStumps has much to be proud ofTheStumps has much to be proud of
Alaska
MC Status: 1160
Re: Is this composition in B minor?

Yes; that's B minor and the way that you're using the D# is just a passing added tension, purposefully being used due to being out of scale so that we want to get back.

So yep - B minor.

Cheers!

Advertisements

TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TheStumps
DjRapitops (01-04-2017)