[Electronic] Ambient Mechanics - Somebody Else's Memories
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 21-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts
[Electronic] Ambient Mechanics - Somebody Else's Memories, 09/21/2016

This is a track of mine taken from the album "HOMMAGE: A Blade Runner Tribute Album", which is being offered as a FREE download over on Bandcamp - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This track was inspired by "that" part in the movie..think piano..drink..unicorn.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1832577
Re: [Electronic] Ambient Mechanics - Somebody Else's Memories, 09/21/2016

Nice work...Haven't watched BR for a long long time. May have to revisit the movie. All I ever remember is Daryl Hannah in a see through mack, Turtles, Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer. Not a lot else.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 11:55 PM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Nice work...Haven't watched BR for a long long time. May have to revisit the movie. All I ever remember is Daryl Hannah in a see through mack, Turtles, Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer. Not a lot else.
Thanks for checking it out..nice one!

That said, I'm pretty sure you meant Joanna Cassidy..she's the only one in a see through mack that I remember.

------------------
Old 22-09-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1832577

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Thanks for checking it out..nice one!

That said, I'm pretty sure you meant Joanna Cassidy..she's the only one in a see through mack that I remember.

Ur we come and more than likely correct re actress. Going to watch it this weekend. Got the album on vinyl I think.
The Homage theme reminds me I attempted a rendition on John Carpenters Precinct 13. Will have to dig that out for a rework. Wasn't to awful if I do it I'll post attempt and rework together. Been about 8 years since but no doubt have it stashed somewhere

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 07:17 AM   #5
papo
Microknight
papo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
Re: [Electronic] Ambient Mechanics - Somebody Else's Memories

Seen the the movie a long time ago but I've just finished the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip Dick) which was great btw. It would have been great if I've read it while listening to this soundtrack. It really sets the right mood.
papo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #6
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by papo View Post
Seen the the movie a long time ago but I've just finished the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip Dick) which was great btw. It would have been great if I've read it while listening to this soundtrack. It really sets the right mood.

Thanks..glad you liked it..that's real praise right there that's really appreciated.

------------------
Old 22-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #7
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

The atmosphere of the track is great! I felt that 80's-90's psy-fi mood right from the start. Throws me back to some Throne's soundtrack.
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #8
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post
The atmosphere of the track is great! I felt that 80's-90's psy-fi mood right from the start. Throws me back to some Throne's soundtrack.

Cheers, S..nice one..glad you liked it. Thanks for taking the time to post..really appreciate it.

------------------
Old 22-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #9
TheSampleThief
Analog Lurker
TheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

very nice track, would fit perfectly into the movie; very cinematic!

------------------
TheSampleThief is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 02:14 PM   #10
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSampleThief View Post
very nice track, would fit perfectly into the movie; very cinematic!
Thanks for that.

Like I said in my reply over on SC, I really do appreciate it, as right from the start, they were a pair of pretty big shoes we were all trying to step into in our own way..and there was always the very real risk that people would be overly critical at the end of it all..but it turns out that's not the case at all..well, not yet anyway.

I guess my music has always had a touch of the "poor man's Vangelis" about it, and that's hardly a surprise, given he's one of my major influences growing up..and, besides, I honestly like making music that sounds like that.

I've tried for so long not to, as I got tired of always being compared to his style.which is obviously flattering on one level, but annoying on another..because it was MY music that happens to sound like his does, if you know what I mean.

That might make it sound like I think I'm far better a producer than I actually am..and I guess that's true to a certain extent, but in all honesty, I REALLY do like making music that sounds like Vangelis' music. I don't know..maybe I should just remarket myself as a Vangleis tribute band or something like that..then I might stand some chance of making some coin from all of this.

Anyway, thanks again for listening and posting over on SC..glad you liked it..and expect to see me making more that sounds like this.

------------------
Old 04-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #11
kennytynan
Minor Glitch
kennytynan will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Great atmospherics.. super clear sounding. Followed you on SC.
kennytynan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:00 AM   #12
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytynan View Post
Great atmospherics.. super clear sounding. Followed you on SC.
Thanks, dude..glad you liked it...and thanks, too, for following over on SC..right back at ya.

------------------
Old 10-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #13
keiss
IDMf Supporter
keiss is a jewel in the roughkeiss is a jewel in the roughkeiss is a jewel in the rough
Arkhangelsk
MC Status: 260

Lush! Excellent release! Thank you so much for sharing!
Somebody Else's Memories - already several times on repeat!

------------------
keiss is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #14
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiss View Post
Lush! Excellent release! Thank you so much for sharing!
Somebody Else's Memories - already several times on repeat!
Thanks, keiss..really glad you liked it and I appreciate you taking the time to check it out in the first place..nice one.

------------------
Old 16-12-2016, 12:00 AM   #15
Rob 00Monarc
Regular Freak
Rob 00Monarc is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Kinda makes me want to watch the movie again. Very fitting!

This is my favorite style of ambiance. Dystopian vibes are my thing.
Rob 00Monarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #16
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 00Monarc View Post
Kinda makes me want to watch the movie again. Very fitting!

This is my favorite style of ambiance. Dystopian vibes are my thing.
Thanks, Rob, for checking it out and posting your thoughts..glad you liked it.

Advertisements

------------------