IDMf Netlabel Submission info
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
Benwaa
IDMf Netlabel Submission info

SUBMISSIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL ARTIST RELEASES ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTED.
This is not a permanent thing, it's until we re-vamp and change the workings of the netlabel around and in the process want to get us all more involved as a collective effort together. When we will be accepting demos for single artist releases, this OP will be updated.
The below demo policy remains in place however as when we will begin accepting individual artiost releases, they will be along the same lines. So this give you a good idea what to aim for, and of course they're very similar to the rules for our compilations that are ALWAYS asking for demos, just keep track of that in this subforum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The netlabel is open for submissions from anyone who is a member of IDMforums, there is simply no other criteria needed. Musical style and genre are not restricted beyond Electronic music. That’s IT!
So, if you feel you have some music you’d like to release with us then get sending in your demos. We look forward to, and enjoy receiving your demos - we do our very best to listen to as many as possible.
There are a few guidelines to help make it more manageable for us and increase the chance of us listening to your submission:

1. Use our official Mail Address for Demo Submissions: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Please keep in Mind: We are real people and would like to receive a personal message from you.

2. Please allow 2 weeks for us to respond.

3. Please, NO download links - use Soundcloud, or some other hosting site, so we can go straight to the tracks and listen. PRIVATE LINKS ONLY

4. Keep your demo submission to finished original tracks. NO single track demos and please no remixes.

5. NO unfinished or short versions of your tracks.

6. If using samples - make sure they are legal!

7. Do not compress/master your tracks. We are looking for good dynamic range - not super loud, un-dynamic music.
If we like your music then we will take care of all mastering requirements.

Please use the following email address:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Please do not use any other email address when you wish to mail us about your demo submission.

Simple isn’t it!
We’re always open to suggestions for various artist compilations too, so if you have an idea for something then please don’t hesitate to get us involved!
Also we have a plethora of releases spanning various style and genres. All are free to download from our [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
They’re actually pay what you like, so if you’d like to help support the running of the netlabel please do! It’s always greatly appreciated.

We also have a mailing list to keep you up to date on all the latest IDMfNetlabel developments and releases. You can sign up to it here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Love and respect!
Benwaa

F: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

F: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

S: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

T: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Benwaa; 06-04-2016 at 05:04 PM..

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Benwaa
Re: IDMf Netlabel Submission info

and not to ridicule anyone, i think it's important to show examples of what will get you nowhere.
3 i got in the inbox this morning:

and this is why they stand no chance:
"You're walking down the street, when suddenly a total stranger pops up in front of you holding a piece of paper with a link on it. All they say to you is "hey man, listen to my tunes yo" and then disappear off without a trace besides the piece of paper they shoved into your hand.
How likely are you to listen to the music? Let alone not just discard the piece of paper a moment later?"
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:02 AM   #3
Ricardocarmine
Learning The Ropes
Ricardocarmine is on a distinguished road
Ramalde, Porto
MC Status: 10

Damn, I only added the info of the current state of my music project.. I hope you're cool with that, if not I'll send in another with more info on it although there really isn't much to say

Cheers
Ricardocarmine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Sorrow
Old 08-09-2015, 03:27 AM   #4
SCO-173music
Banned
SCO-173music has a spectacular aura aboutSCO-173music has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Welp. I have no where to place meh since apparently i need 5000 fuckin posts to do anything. SOOOO im just gonna wait till i reach 30 posts and post the link here. Oh and Im not just gonna "hand you a peice of paper and leave" Im here to stay
SCO-173music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SCO-173music
jbvdb493 (09-21-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 04:51 AM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 151260
Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCO-173music View Post
Welp. I have no where to place meh since apparently i need 5000 fuckin posts to do anything. SOOOO im just gonna wait till i reach 30 posts and post the link here. Oh and Im not just gonna "hand you a peice of paper and leave" Im here to stay
You can't be fucking serious? Did you even bother to read the first post in this thread? Why the hell would you even be thinking of posting your links here in the this thread?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:02 AM   #6
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105315389

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
You can't be fucking serious? Did you even bother to read the first post in this thread? Why the hell would you even be thinking of posting your links here in the this thread?
Pretty sure he's not serious at all, brugski.

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:03 AM   #7
SCO-173music
Banned
SCO-173music has a spectacular aura aboutSCO-173music has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Because I am NOT going to sift through a shit ton of threads and comment in each of them to get 5000 posts. That would be both a wast of my time and would not help the forums in ANY way. It would take FOREVER to find topics
that i could contribute properly to and give good posting instead of just filler posts. Neither of us want filler posts. I certainly dont wanna sully these beautiful forums but cluttering them with random shit posts. So for the sake of both of us i should be able to make 30 posts within a week or two. then i can post an album link. unless theres somewhere i can post without needing to make a new thread theres not really any options. tho atleast you guys are better than that god forsaken we are the music makers forum that requires a membership fee. fuck that im not paying money to listen to a bunch of assholes talkhit about artists. I saw that god damn thread about Deadmau5"s bored of canada track. I think the man shouldnt be shit on just cause he tried doing tribute reference to another artist. He atleast has SOME talent. Like wtf people when did music become so strenuous and harsh. When did the Electronic culture become so judgmental to everyone. oops that got a little offtopic. Anyway my point is it should be easier for artists to post their stuff. how the fuck else are people gonna see it and the artist get recognized for THEIR hard work.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:09 AM   #8
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105315389

Quote:
Because I am NOT going to sift through a shit ton of threads and comment in each of them to get 5000 posts. That would be both a wast of my time and would not help the forums in ANY way. It would take FOREVER to find topics
that i could contribute properly to and give good posting instead of just filler posts. Neither of us want filler posts. I certainly dont wanna sully these beautiful forums but cluttering them with random shit posts. So for the sake of both of us i should be able to make 30 posts within a week or two. then i can post an album link. unless theres somewhere i can post without needing to make a new thread theres not really any options. tho atleast you guys are better than that god forsaken we are the music makers forum that requires a membership fee. fuck that im not paying money to listen to a bunch of assholes talkhit about artists. I saw that god damn thread about Deadmau5"s bored of canada track. I think the man shouldnt be shit on just cause he tried doing tribute reference to another artist. He atleast has SOME talent. Like wtf people when did music become so strenuous and harsh. When did the Electronic culture become so judgmental to everyone. oops that got a little offtopic. Anyway my point is it should be easier for artists to post their stuff. how the fuck else are people gonna see it and the artist get recognized for THEIR hard work.
5000 posts to do what?!

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:12 AM   #9
SCO-173music
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jVs View Post
5000 posts to do what?!
i tried making a thread for my submission right. i was gonna do a soundcloud private link. but when i tried to make a fuckin thread it said "you need atleast 5000 posts". Fuck that im gonna do the 30 posts thing which allows you to post links in already existing threads and posting it right the fuck here. Still gonna do the soundcloud private link to the demo submission email but i want people to see my work and not have it just waste away. I work my ass off to make music and im making zilch. I enjoy making music but most of the time i feel that my work is completely unapreciated.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #10
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 151260
Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,248 Posts

Quote:
i tried making a thread for my submission right. i was gonna do a soundcloud private link. but when i tried to make a fuckin thread it said "you need atleast 5000 posts". Fuck that im gonna do the 30 posts thing which allows you to post links in already existing threads and posting it right the fuck here. Still gonna do the soundcloud private link to the demo submission email but i want people to see my work and not have it just waste away. I work my ass off to make music and im making zilch. I enjoy making music but most of the time i feel that my work is completely unapreciated.

The whole point of sending a private link is to keep it private between you and the label. Also, you really need to go and read the forum rules and stick to em or your stay here with us won't be for long.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:27 AM   #11
SCO-173music
Banned

Quote:
The whole point of sending a private link is to keep it private between you and the label. Also, you really need to go and read the forum rules and stick to em or your stay here with us won't be for long.
Yea I guess your right. Also i really wish i could fix my god damn username to SCP-173music and not SCO-173music. Also i love what your little title thing is under your name about me XD.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:44 AM   #12
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153360
Thanked 3,067 Times in 2,150 Posts

Maybe that's 5,000 words on your sign-me letter. 30 posts seems to be another thing.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
jVs (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 05:47 AM   #13
SCO-173music
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
Maybe that's 5,000 words on your sign-me letter. 30 posts seems to be another thing.
nope it says in order to make a thread anywhere you need to have 5000 posts

Old 08-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #14
Grimbit
Grimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond repute
Scotland
MC Status: 7760

Quote:
wow dude, now i wanna sign you and i don't even have a label.

GREAT ATTITUDE, i work hard so now i'm owed.... i like it....
Grimbit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Grimbit
A.M (08-23-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #15
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 82000
Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,088 Posts

If only all the information was available to read somewhere.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
A.M (08-23-2015)
Old 08-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #16
rewir3d
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016
MC Status: 3062669

So I was going to try and submit something to the IFI side of things to maybe get interest and jump start that side of things again hopefully later this year. Anyways I absolutely don't mind sending an unmastered version of my tracks but in the end I would like to explore my own mastering options tbh. I really may do it myself, I know I have the knowledge on that side of things to get my own blend.

If that is a make or break type of thing I have other options but honestly I have a great deal of respect for this forum and would like to give you guys first dibs on seeing if it is up to par with your standards but would need permissions to do my own mastering with myself and a couple of my trusted artists that I keep in touch with to hash that end out. It would be helpful to know if that could be acceptable before hand so I know which route to take. PM me if you feel like discussing further on this please!

And yes I realize you guys are swamped as fuck as it is and are juggling multiple projects either here, your own things, and plain out life shit as well. So if not, no hard feelings

These are projects that have been years in the making so it shouldn't be too much to ask. Mad respect. I would love to see the netlabel side hit it hard again
rewir3d is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to rewir3d
jVs (08-27-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 05:40 AM   #17
ALR7
Granular Poster
ALR7 is on a distinguished road
Panamá

Hi guys, just a quick question. If one has a track posted on the listening booth in a private soundcloud link, in order to get feedback and improve it, is this track not allowed to be submitted to the netlabel as part of a 4 track ep ? Or is it still within the guidelines if one submits it ?

Thanks, just had that question. Apologies if someone asked this already.
ALR7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #18
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153360
Thanked 3,067 Times in 2,150 Posts

^ Don't forget that nobody remembers jack shit about what you did last year / two years ago / etc. They even invented the 'favorite' button because nobody can keep track of what they like anymore. It's musical chaos
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
A.M (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #19
ALR7
Granular Poster
ALR7 is on a distinguished road
Panamá

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
^ Don't forget that nobody remembers jack shit about what you did last year / two years ago / etc. They even invented the 'favorite' button because nobody can keep track of what they like anymore. It's musical chaos
Yeah, but i meant tracks that were recently showcased at the listening booth and then submitted to the IDMF label in a brief period of time between both events.
ALR7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #20
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8498530
Thanked 6,152 Times in 4,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR7 View Post
Yeah, but i meant tracks that were recently showcased at the listening booth and then submitted to the IDMF label in a brief period of time between both events.
No admins or mods have responded to any questions in this thread previously. Probably best to just send in your submission and tell them one of the tracks was a private link in the LB for a while. Just follow all the other guidelines.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Kvlt O))) (09-21-2015)

IDMf Netlabel Submission info Tags
demo, idmf, netlabel, submissions