[AAWM]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 08-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
mister_crow
Soundwave Mangler
mister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond repute
A tree in Verulamium
MC Status: 2210
[AAWM]

As mentioned on the main thread for this month, I decided to do an EP with the elements found in this track, Joe the Crow:

After that, I did this one, which is probably going to be the other main influential track for me - still generally hip hop, but with a more synthetic sound and some jungle style breaks coming in.
The Future:

I started and "finished" (at least to the point where I'll see how the rest of the album turns out before doing much more) this track today, which is always nice. I tried to cultivate a dreamy feel for this one. Response:

I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on any aspect of this really. I was going to post these to the LB individually, but given that I want to release them together this seems a better venue

Advertisements

------------------
Learn! About the lizard men controlling our lives! Hear! Some music I made! See! A waveform steadily becoming a slightly different grey! Coming to a forum post near you soon.
https://soundcloud.com/mister_crow/entities-wip
http://mistercrow.bandcamp.com/album/to-ep
mister_crow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mister_crow
lolirl (08-09-2014)
Old 08-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
The last of the last particles
MC Status: 6951533
Thanked 3,842 Times in 2,555 Posts
Re: [AAWM]

I like the second track, is this your own composition, or a remix of some sort?

The intro on the third track was too long, I had to skip, (to about :45) I like the track just not fond of the vocal samples, they don't seem to fit.

Welcome to album writing month, keep up the good work!

------------------
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #3
mister_crow
Soundwave Mangler
mister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond repute
A tree in Verulamium
MC Status: 2210

Cool thanks! The second track isn't a remix as such, but it does prominently feature some samples from classic jungle tunes - I used this pack: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. The opening rhodes-y hit, the break, and the vocal sample are all from that pack. The idea was that the sounds would be familiar, but hard to recognise without the context.

The third track is a lot more thrown together than the other two. The vocal is too loud and completely unprocessed, so that will get better. I was hoping for a nice pseudo ambient intro on that one, but I will have to do more with the textures to make it interesting enough!

I was glad to find this area on my return, it's really given the kick up the bum to actually try and do an album

------------------
Learn! About the lizard men controlling our lives! Hear! Some music I made! See! A waveform steadily becoming a slightly different grey! Coming to a forum post near you soon.
https://soundcloud.com/mister_crow/entities-wip
http://mistercrow.bandcamp.com/album/to-ep
mister_crow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mister_crow
Br/ainfu+ked (08-12-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #4
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 67610
Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,012 Posts

the future has a fun deal going on, and the break reminds me of beep street by squarepusher so thats a awesome thing for me.

I also like the synthetic leads going in it as well, especially the arp, and the percussion. the grain delay is also a nice touch to hear on the vocal,

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269440158
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,599 Posts

The future is my favourite of the lot so far

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote