[AAWM] Sapling's stuff
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts
[AAWM] Sapling's stuff

well here is my first track for this month, it's actually the second, I'll update the first when I find the time in the next day or so. thanks to @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for reminding me to upload aha,

anyways cheers here is the SC url and the link

*Track 1 - Revert

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

*Track 2 - Dust

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Skrillex; 07-08-2014 at 11:47 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Skrillex
lolirl (12-08-2014)
Old 08-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
mister_crow
Soundwave Mangler
mister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond repute
A tree in Verulamium
MC Status: 2210
Re: [AAWM] Sapling's stuff

I really like these two, though I do prefer Revert to Dust - that little snare roll before the second drop is some of the most effective drum programming that I've heard (well, noticed anyway!), and I really like the groove with the added layer in the second drop.

I'm looking forward to hearing the whole lot

------------------
Learn! About the lizard men controlling our lives! Hear! Some music I made! See! A waveform steadily becoming a slightly different grey! Coming to a forum post near you soon.
https://soundcloud.com/mister_crow/entities-wip
http://mistercrow.bandcamp.com/album/to-ep
mister_crow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:26 AM   #3
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_crow View Post
I really like these two, though I do prefer Revert to Dust - that little snare roll before the second drop is some of the most effective drum programming that I've heard (well, noticed anyway!), and I really like the groove with the added layer in the second drop.

I'm looking forward to hearing the whole lot
thanks! the snare roll was via maschine, I had a swing also on the sounds. I then layered spots where the velocity raised on the snare roll with another hit to help accentuate the tone.

and yeah I really personally liked the extra element in the second part of the song,

anyways thanks!

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031791
Thanked 7,287 Times in 4,526 Posts

Yeah these are noce man.
I prefer the drums in the second one personally but generally you've got some pretty good mixes going there, nice sense of space.
Thanks Skrillex, keep it up.

------------------
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 117360
Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,372 Posts

I like how spacious these tracks are, proper dungeon dubstep. For me, it feels that first track would be a great album closer, not sure why, maybe because of its mood.
Really looking forward to this.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Yeah, the reverb drenching works AAWesoMely in Dust especially. It reminds me of the UK garage sound (I think I have the proper hip slang down, not sure) and those snares sound very live and organic. Can't wait to hear more.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541930
Thanked 7,020 Times in 4,987 Posts

Revert is illness man...so chill n' vibey...love those chords...very dubby w/o being cliche...and yea the snare roll is killer. Loves those kinda overdriven percs that come come in too.

Dust is good, but the arrangement just doesn't do it for me as much. Those midrange moments are interesting though! Doing your own thing there. I've not heard some reese design like that before. I also like that little high pitched mechanical noise that comes in. Killer little sound. actually the further the tune goes the more I get into it. Maybe shave a minute or 45 seconds off this one. Cuz i dig it once shit gets going.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:14 AM   #8
Name:__________
Minor Glitch
Name:__________ has a spectacular aura aboutName:__________ has a spectacular aura aboutName:__________ has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

yo skrillex them links don't work

Advertisements

Name:__________ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote