What inspired you to start creating music? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 25-11-2014, 02:23 AM   #41
PhantomSignal
Soundscaper
PhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond repute
Sonoma /San Francisco
MC Status: 7460
Re: What inspired you to start creating music?

I was lucky enough to have uncles that were not that much older than I was who were in a band together. They stuck every kind of instrument in front of me, guitar, piano, drums, etc, and also made me tapes (which should give you a sense of place in time) of music I would never have heard otherwise. By the time I was 10, I knew I wanted to play guitar and by 11, I had one and was intoxicated by plucking the E string and letting it ring out with distortion...ahhhhh..Anyway, these same uncles took me to see Frank Zappa fed me Yngwie Malmsteen bootlegs and educated me to the "faggotry" of Bon Jovi (Their words). 6 or so years later...

Similar to what someone else said, in 1993 I simultaneously discovered LSD, raves, and the TB-303 all in one night. It was down hill from there, LOL. Started DJing house music and techno, beating around on my friends Dr Rhythm 550 and making really bad music on a Mac running EZ Vision and a Roland Sound Canvas. (if I ever think of it, I'll post links, they are highly laughable).

*shakes cane*

That was 20 some years ago...what have I done with my life?!?!:mayonesa:

Advertisements

PhantomSignal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 04:28 AM   #42
beskhu3epnm
Learning The Ropes
beskhu3epnm will become famous soon enoughbeskhu3epnm will become famous soon enough
Ontario
MC Status: 110

I don't think I was inspired so much as...

I played Mario Paint on the SNES when I was like 10 years old. I was hitting some pretty good jams (I thought).

Anyways, I happened upon a copy of FL Studio in the early days, and went to work. As I was putting down notes, messing with the DX10, etc., I felt... at ease. When I stopped, I was at great unease.

As it's generally well known that I hate myself and everything (musically) I make (I helped make a baby, which was way fun - and NO hate)... I still release music because I require something to live longer than I do, NO MATTER HOW EMBARRASSING!

There's gotta be one soul out there that would listen to my stuff and think - "aye... I feel it. I know what this is about!" That guy/gal is probably an idiot.
beskhu3epnm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to beskhu3epnm
djoxygen (25-11-2014)
Old 25-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #43
Fareed
Analog Lurker
Fareed is a jewel in the roughFareed is a jewel in the roughFareed is a jewel in the roughFareed is a jewel in the rough
Cairo
MC Status: 310

Well, generally I love music, just like everyone else. I played guitar for a while but stopped for a a year or something. I got "truly" introduced to electronic music in Berlin, during a travel through Europe, been to a couple of clubs and it was just amazing, got hooked since then
Fareed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 02:18 AM   #44
Marcus Quarter
Minor Glitch
Marcus Quarter will become famous soon enough
Vienna
MC Status: 60

existing tracks actually, electro/progressive house
Marcus Quarter is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 03:43 AM   #45
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Cacophony, Silence, etc
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 04:03 AM   #46
Hakuin
Microknight
Hakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to behold
Oakland
MC Status: 910

Always just had the drive. High school days thrashing on guitar in a black metal band and chillin to Nirvana and STP.

But, making electronic music. My eyes were opened wide by BoC, Freescha, Loess and Xanopticon. Just an endless rabbit hole after that.

Advertisements

------------------
A sample of my live PA set. IDM/Breakcore
Hakuin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: The Teknoist