What inspired you to start creating music? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #21
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
2020 Trump
MC Status: 2418271
Re: What inspired you to start creating music?

smoked pot and saw a show and i was like "whoa"

Advertisements

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

subscribe to me on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/QiantaMusic
Qianta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:44 AM   #22
justin ely
Analog Lurker
justin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nice
Michigan
MC Status: 360

I've been playing guitar since I was really young but my inspiration to produce electronic music can greatly be attributed to hallucinogens + Electric Forest
justin ely is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #23
JET-Zet studio
Minor Glitch
JET-Zet studio is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hehe.. An old damn broken guitar and my first three chords a friend of mine showed to me...
JET-Zet studio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:44 AM   #24
michellabruyere
Minor Glitch
michellabruyere will become famous soon enoughmichellabruyere will become famous soon enough
Antwerp
MC Status: 110

Music, I guess. My father had an old rhodes Mark and used to play it every day. Still love that sound.
michellabruyere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 01:42 AM   #25
pureglass
Regular Freak
pureglass has a spectacular aura aboutpureglass has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I listened to music, said "I want to do this".
pureglass is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 02:35 AM   #26
MapOfYourHead
Granular Poster
MapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud ofMapOfYourHead has much to be proud of
Belfast
MC Status: 1440

Bought a guitar and wasn't satisifed doing covers.

------------------
MapOfYourHead is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 03:29 AM   #27
radish
Granular Poster
radish is a jewel in the roughradish is a jewel in the roughradish is a jewel in the roughradish is a jewel in the rough
beneath the earth
MC Status: 310

I listened to more music than most people my age, which is a statement that lasted me from 8 years old until now. I started playing drums, and got alright at it. Couldn't get into enough bands, started writing material myself. Got decent at guitar.

Started getting into electronic music/listening to more than just metal, rock, and prog, and here I am.

Plus, it's the only thing I can seem to do semi-well. Most of the shit I write doesn't sound all trope-ish. Not that what I write is very good, but it definitely has its own feel to it. I have interesting ideas, I just need a LOT (X10000000000) of development/mixing experience/mastering experience to get where I want to be.

Edit: Oh yeah, I was also really impressed by shit I heard. I'm impressed by a lot of things, but music really floored me. It was mystical and understandable at the same time. Guess that encouraged me to believe it was something I have a shot at doing well.

Last edited by radish; 20-10-2014 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: uh
radish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #28
alphx
Knob Twiddler
alphx is a name known to allalphx is a name known to allalphx is a name known to allalphx is a name known to allalphx is a name known to allalphx is a name known to all
toronto
MC Status: 560

Been playing piano all my life so I was always into playing music.

I took a liking to electronic music when I started high school. Learned about virtual DJ and started doing shitty ass mixes. Then I downloaded Linux Multimedia Studio (Jesus christ nostalgia) and made a song in 4 minutes thinking i was the next skrillmau5...

It has grown into a strong love/hate relationship, I absolutely love making music, and sometimes I delve so deeply into it that nothing else matters.. I wont talk to anyone, wont eat, wont drink.. It can go on all day. But it feels like my effort is going into nothing and its like somebody telling me I should just give up.

Maybe thats what is pushing me to making music actually... just sitting at school and thinking about getting home and writing a nice piece of music, no matter how long it will take me or how much it will kill me inside to try for hours on end to no motherfucking avail..

All hail writers block I guess..

TLDR: Making music is hard, and that's what inspires me, as well as draws me away,

That was quite a rant. sorry

------------------
MaKS
alphx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #29
ChillGamerJay
Minor Glitch
ChillGamerJay is a jewel in the roughChillGamerJay is a jewel in the roughChillGamerJay is a jewel in the rough
Earth, for now anyway..
MC Status: 260

Great thread with some awesome responses so far, jokes aside, hah!

What inspired me to start making music initially was my open mind toward music. I am the last person that would write off any musical creativity as poor. I approach music with zero judgement. I may not take a liking to it completely but everything has a chance and nothing is terrible. Although I put my heart and soul into producing, appreciating music in this sense allowed me to approach creating with very little shame whatsoever for my end product.

I come from a significant Audio/Video background in which was mostly self taught and some Youtube/Google knowledge as well as schooling at CT School of Broadcasting (networking and learning nifty A/V tricks). Picking up software that is interesting comes natural, difficult at times but easy to overcome the hurdles with great communities such as IDM and great people who share within the field with love and knowledge for production.

I love sitting in a dark room for extended periods of time with my A/V edits and music production.

Cheers! :mayonesa:

Last edited by ChillGamerJay; 23-10-2014 at 07:14 AM..
ChillGamerJay is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:11 AM   #30
SquareTheCircle
Microknight
SquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

When i was wee (cassette days) if a song had a silence i would pause the recording and slip another tune in. My dads hifi had stutter (volume effect). Before that my first album on repeat was War of the Worlds.

Growing up I was more into art and thought I would be a graphic designer. I had a cracked copy of 3d studio max but on the same disc was Acid Pro 2. I was hooked. In the end I became average at both.

But music is the mistress and I must tame her for her fractals hold the key to the universe.
SquareTheCircle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #31
Poztman
Minor Glitch
Poztman is a jewel in the roughPoztman is a jewel in the roughPoztman is a jewel in the roughPoztman is a jewel in the rough
Bruges
MC Status: 310

Video Game music, movie soundtracks,... And depression I guess ?
Poztman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #32
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7238279

The fact that music needed to be made. And that I could do it. Would've been silly to not make it when I could.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:53 AM   #33
paul-slacknoise

butane
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #34
e-SeeR
Soundwave Mangler
e-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud ofe-SeeR has much to be proud of
pittsburgh
MC Status: 1310

Acid. Hearing music while looking at the stars on acid. Being able to see music in the universe and knowing that I am a part of it. Bought an electric guitar not long after. Never got really good and then I got into electronic music and was like wait why dont I try this.

------------------
e-SeeR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 05:06 AM   #35
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906609
Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,148 Posts

Gran's pots and pans. I figured out how to use the record player and open cupboards by about age three, so every time I was left to my own devices I would collect all the pots and pans and set up my drum kit in front of the turntable and then turn it up to eleven and smash out some sweet solos...

Until gran had to cook dinner... The venue had shitty set times and the cunts didn't pay!
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #36
Stereo Surgeon
Savage Mad Cunt
Stereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MC
Bumblefuck, GA
MC Status: 12606224

Seeing deadmau5 and bassnecater at bonaroo when I was young, and having only preformed other peoples music up to that point.

It dawned on me that in all my musical experience I had never composed beyond a few drum cadences and stand song or two for my marching band.

I could superseded the physical limitations in computers, and learn about the stuff that really matters.

pretty much that

------------------
Stereo Surgeon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #37
Minor Glitch
5995 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Well I enjoy listening to music and going to gigs.. I've experimented with various instruments, and I enjoy creative writing and painting so I figured why not try and compose music as well
5995 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #38
DJ Espin
Learning The Ropes
DJ Espin is currently spamming hard
New York City
MC Status: 10
Icon12 Re: What inspired you to start creating music?

I would say once I was able to touch my older siblings equipment and discovered that I had a burning desire within to create and share the spiritual connection to music with others. I experienced the connection as a clubber, DJ and there after a producer.

Eddie Amador got it right: Not every body knows house music, it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing.

DJ Espin
DJ Espin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 01:15 AM   #39
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390679

i started "creating" music in about 2006-2007. all 2007 was my first documented time i began creating focused goal-oriented tracks. before this it was just creativity and learning and growing. in 2008-2009 i began actually putting my ideas into much more mature structure and form. i got my ideas from listening to experimental genres on download.com and am extensive set of trance music. then through the years i aquired more andorr underground hip hop and discovered idmf in 2009. then the rest was just getting better and becoming serious about my music career, rather than just for fun stuff.

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 01:19 AM   #40
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647

Got A* in music composition for making a rap beat at school 5 years ago. That weirdly led to Hardstyle (which I have no idea why, it's pretty bad :/). Then I became sane again and went on to DnB and anything electronic :3

Advertisements

Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote