connections to musical fame?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 18-09-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760
connections to musical fame?

I come from the same town as the Orbital brothers, Paul and Phil Hartnoll. And went to the same school. Not at the same time though

Yours?

Advertisements

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 03:35 AM   #2
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: connections to musical fame?

Shogun, trance DJ is from my hometownitown.

drummer of no doubt went to my high school, or the bassist, i forget. they're all from socal

Young the Giant is from me home town

and i think a band member of Atreyu went to my high school, but many years before me.
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SKYCORE
Yzarc (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 04:48 AM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564580
Thanked 7,473 Times in 5,277 Posts

Marylin Manson went to the school system next door to mine. Several decades before me though. I had a friend in high school whose dad went to school with him and kind of new him. Said he was a really average guy, showed me a picture in a year book. It was kinda hilarious actually, because he was sooooooo average looking hehe.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Yzarc (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #4
Oddbahl
Regular Freak
Oddbahl will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

A friend of mine from St. Catherine's took art lessons from Deadmau5's mom and has met him several times... that's about it I think...
Oddbahl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oddbahl
Yzarc (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879

I was the opening act for Crystal Castles. And then there's that one time when John B called a security guy to drag me out of the DJ booth.

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mimicry
relic (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #6
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

The entrance to the green room at the Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland, OH is at the back of the venue. I got to chit chat with Ray Wylie Hubbard before he went on stage because we got there late and had to stand all the way in the back. Totally worth it! Really genuine guy.

Winter Music Conference 2009 (?) My buddy drunkenly and accidentally shoulder checked Goldie (Metalheadz) as he drunkenly weaved through the crowd.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Yzarc (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC

Goldie, Timeless, Inner City Life - that Goldie?

------------------

Old 18-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #8
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkiSho View Post
Goldie, Timeless, Inner City Life - that Goldie?
That Goldie lol. And to be clear, my buddy and Goldie were both clearly intoxicated.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Yzarc (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
XMaramena
Learning The Ropes
XMaramena will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I was taught composition by the guy who composed CoD Ghosts, The Good Wife, The Town & The Forbidden Kingdom, I've had a few radio interviews (BBC Introducing and what not), I'm a colleague and friend with the director of photography at Yahoo, and I was a ghost producer for a couple of major artists.
XMaramena is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to XMaramena
Yzarc (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
Benwaa

the guy who wrote the music for the film the BFG (and others) was a mentor assigned to me by the government about 15 years ago on a really badly designed back to work course. that's my tenuous link.
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
Yzarc (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #11
Benwaa

I also flew for my first time in amsterdam with howard marks, i say flew. he was on the same flight as me, we had a bit of small talk getting on the flight a little more on the plane (he sat over the aisle form me) signed my ticket stub and never saw him or spoke to hinm agan

man tenuous stuff is the best
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
relic (18-09-2014)
Old 18-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt

Im well jel of some of your experiences!!

------------------

Old 18-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #13
Trebesch
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye
MC Status: 8598981

I used to live near Kevin "Geordie" Walker, the guitarist from Killing Joke. That's all that I'm aware of...

Advertisements

Trebesch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote