[P] New online platform for sending demos to record labels - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Classifieds Buy, Sell and offer your services to other members here

Old 06-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #21
DJ Planetside
Knob Twiddler
DJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant future
Las Vegas
MC Status: 1960
Re: New online platform for sending demos to record labels

I gave it a try, one thing I will say though is the lack of the ability to edit your profile is kinda whack right now. Press kits are a pain by themselves let alone preparing and resizing one for various sites etc.

The overall look is simple enough, but I am curious as to how you're gonna get major players and labels in the industry to use this as a go to.

I also like the idea that you only give free accounts a limit of submissions as to prevent spam.

I'll be watchin.

Advertisements

------------------
Holy crap, I can haz a signature now?

DJ Planetside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I tend to distrust this general trend of "easier". I mean...how hard is it to send a demo online these days? If one really believes in their own art I think they would likely be willing to send twenty emails out to some labels.
This. Having someone hand picking the labels your music gets sent to ruins the whole art thing
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183960
Thanked 3,679 Times in 2,741 Posts

I just joined and took a look. The settings page is not loading right now..seems to be offline atm..and what exactly is a "successful" demo submission? Each account type get so many, but is there a difference between a submission which is successful and which isn't?

Does "successful" refer to merely uploading to your server..or actually getting a member's demo into the hands of a label?

I like the idea of such a service, but the cynic in me tends to think this is just another way to cash in on the hopes and dreams on wannabe artists out there. Granted..business is business and all that..but given most major labels out there have set protocols in places for receiving demos, I can't really see this working in the interest of the artist..unless, of course, you have an inside line with some of the major labels out there that we don't know about.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
relic (06-12-2013)
Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Hope OP returns and answers / addresses all these points being raised.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541080
Thanked 7,003 Times in 4,976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
I just joined and took a look. The settings page is not loading right now..seems to be offline atm..and what exactly is a "successful" demo submission? Each account type get so many, but is there a difference between a submission which is successful and which isn't?

Does "successful" refer to merely uploading to your server..or actually getting a member's demo into the hands of a label?

I like the idea of such a service, but the cynic in me tends to think this is just another way to cash in on the hopes and dreams on wannabe artists out there. Granted..business is business and all that..but given most major labels out there have set protocols in places for receiving demos, I can't really see this working in the interest of the artist..unless, of course, you have an inside line with some of the major labels out there that we don't know about.
I just cant imagine a succesful label needing this service or evening thinking they need it. Just feels like this would be the mediocre feeding the mediocre withe mediocre.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #26
elliedb
Learning The Ropes
elliedb is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hi there!

Thank you for all replies and questions.

Quote:
By quality - are you referring to strictly technical aspects, and if not - how does one intermediary (demobucket) determine what is good quality and what isn't if the criteria are rather subjective?
Yes, strictly technical aspects.

Quote:
So it's basically a label spamming service - I pay you to spam labels with my demos. Is the spamming targeted to certain labels based on the music itself?

I understand that it will just be labels that have signed up to be on this list.
No, it's not a spamming service. Every registered label have an account with access to all categorized and filtered demos. We don't send any e-mails with demos or spam labels.

Quote:
What kind of major label would sign up to get spammed over by every user on your site?
Actually, major labels are spammed with hundreds of emails every week. And 80% of these submissions are crap. With demobucket, labels can listen to filtered and categorized demos without getting any spam, for free. I think it's enough to try and sign up.

Quote:
is there going to be a division for non-EDM?
At this moment it's only for electronic music.

Quote:
What I really wanna know is, why would any label want a service like this.
It's simple - to stop receiving poor demos.

Quote:
I also don't like that some random people (not even the label) are working quality control.
I understand that it's hard to trust the new, unknown company, but we try to work with best music producers and audio engineers to make quality control.

Quote:
o, as an artist if I pay for the service then some chump who works for DemoBucket decides my tunes aren't good enough do I get a refund?
Sorry, but no. We can't guarantee that your track will be accepted if you pay. Refunds are only possible when something is not working correctly after payment, e.g. you still can't upload more demos.

But rejected tracks doesn't affect your limit. If your tracks are getting rejected, you can still upload another ones.

Quote:
the lack of the ability to edit your profile is kinda whack right now.
Quote:
The settings page is not loading right now..seems to be offline atm..
I will let know the IT team about missing features. I'm sure that they will add them soon.

Quote:
and what exactly is a "successful" demo submission?
Successful demo submission is approved by our quality control team. Registered labels have access only to successful (approved) submissions.

Regards,
Ellie
elliedb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #27
oliveralex
Granular Poster
oliveralex is a jewel in the rougholiveralex is a jewel in the rougholiveralex is a jewel in the rough
Antwerp
MC Status: 260

Subscribed...

but i didn't find any mention of the "receiving" labels?
oliveralex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #28
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031291
Thanked 7,277 Times in 4,523 Posts

Of course you wont because if you did you could just get in touch with them directly then this service would be no more than a label directory.
It will probably cost you to see the labels involved, the same as they probably charge a handling fee to both label and artist to pass on your email so the label can actually get in touch with you if they do like your music.
You know how dating sites work?
Free to look at the tits but they charge when you want to talk to the tits.
Same thing.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #29
DJ Planetside
Knob Twiddler
DJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant future
Las Vegas
MC Status: 1960

So uhhhh [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Hmmm >_>

Not sure if awkward.

------------------
Holy crap, I can haz a signature now?

DJ Planetside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #30
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Of course you wont because if you did you could just get in touch with them directly then this service would be no more than a label directory.
It will probably cost you to see the labels involved, the same as they probably charge a handling fee to both label and artist to pass on your email so the label can actually get in touch with you if they do like your music.
You know how dating sites work?
Free to look at the tits but they charge when you want to talk to the tits.
Same thing.
There are tit directories out there, they're free.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #31
cccc07
Regular Freak
cccc07 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Too bad, the site is rebuilding. I keep the name in mind, though.

Advertisements

cccc07 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote