I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #181
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,082
MC Status: 8537680
Thanks: 10,553
Thanked 6,935 Times in 4,936 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Great post @relic;.

I'm just going to be that guy and pick one small part out. I'm probably responding more to jimmusician here than you...



Dude it's not that hard to see at all. Take a quick look through current news or a history book and even a working class blue collar middle American can't deny what continues to happen. The fucked thing is they do deny it though with phrases like "get over it" and "it's not the 1800's anymore."

I hear these type of statements from people in my own family all the time. Granted they live in middle America so they're experience is different than mine due to geographical location. But it all comes down to people not being willing to accept responsibility for their own contributions to the culture of hate we have on our hands right now.

They just want to live their little life, behind their little white picket fence, attend their little church service, and never have to be inconvenienced by actually confronting anything at all about their own selves. So, they deny the problem and expect everyone else to just fall in line, because they're little life has panned out essentially problem free.

Anyway point is it's not that it's hard to see at all it's that people just don't want to.
No worries. And I think you are right that there are a lot of people who don't want to be inconvenienced by the truth. Human nature certainly tends towards "Not my problem." type attitudes. Or putting one's head in the sand or whatever metaphoric thing you want to say

I also think a lot of people, for some reason, see equality as a threat to their way of life. Like having a gay couple with kids and Muslim family in their neighborhood is going to make the world end.

OK. Done DONE.

Advertisements


------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
lolirl (13-11-2016)
Old 13-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #182
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
SKYCORE's Avatar
busy
Age: 28
Posts: 2,717
MC Status: 53360
Thanks: 944
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

=)

Are You Suffering From 'TARD'?

Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder (TARD) is a pattern of pathologically dissociative and psychotic behavior, first observed in the late hours of November 8th 2016, and increasing in severity with passing time.

Sufferers of TARD often exhibit pronounced cognitive dissonance, sudden bouts of rage, uncontrollable crying, suicidal ideation, and extreme sadness.

People with TARD are characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again.

Individual sufferers often display signs of paranoia and delusion; in acute cases psychotic episodes have been observed.

TARD is different from being upset about the results of the 2016 presidential election; People with TARD are unwilling or unable to accept reality, despite irrefutable evidence.

According to the DSM-V, individuals with TARD exhibit most or all of the following symptoms:

- Telling others they are moving to Canada

- Fixated on fantasies about the Electoral College

- Protesting an election no credible source contests the outcome of

- Exclamations that “Someone” should do “Something”

- Acute change in demeanor from pompous and arrogant to fearful and combative

- Claim that anyone who disagrees with them is some combination of Racist, Sexist, Bigoted, Homophobic, and actually some sort of Hitler persona

Causes and Mechanisms:

TARD was directly caused by the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States of America.

For many, both in America and worldwide, this was a shocking and unexpected outcome; their preferred news sources having failed to inform them that the alternative candidate was a criminal parasite in such ill health she got chucked into the back of a van like a kidnap victim.

Diagnosis:

Diagnosis of TARD is straightforward.

Ask the patient if Donald Trump is going to be the Next President of the United States of America.

Some patients will become agitated, and may attempt to deflect.

It’s critical you press them on the issue, even if they start babbling about ‘muh triggers’.

A sufferer of TARD will begin to ramble incoherently, often displaying three or more of the symptoms within a short period of time.

Treatment:

The only known effective treatment is exposure therapy.

The patient must be repeatedly exposed to reality, and should wear a Make America Great Again hat as long as they are able to tolerate it.

Each exposure should increase in length, after a week the patient should be encouraged to be seen in public wearing the MAGA hat.

Coach the patient to refer to Donald Trump as President-Elect Trump.

Patients with TARD are very resistant to treatment, and dangerous in large groups.
Any possibility of treatment requires that they be separated from their hive-mind support apparatus; they cannot begin the process of accepting reality in the presence of encouragement towards delusion and irrationality.

Separation may require the assistance of law enforcement.

If you have a friend or loved one suffering from TARD, urge them to seek treatment.

Together we can beat this scourge, and Make America Great Again!

Last edited by SKYCORE; 13-11-2016 at 08:05 PM..
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #183
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
liquid_air's Avatar
Corny
Posts: 2,473
MC Status: 51810
Thanks: 928
Thanked 1,036 Times in 764 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Funny. However, one should also consider how things might have gone down had the result been the other way around. At least those college kids aren't carrying AR-15 rifles.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:17 PM   #184
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
SKYCORE's Avatar
busy
Age: 28
Posts: 2,717
MC Status: 53360
Thanks: 944
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Anyway point is it's not that it's hard to see at all it's that people just don't want to.
I'm pretty sure they are refusing.

They aren't weighing two options. They are looking at the failure, pointing at it and saying, "I don't want that."
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #185
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
SKYCORE's Avatar
busy
Age: 28
Posts: 2,717
MC Status: 53360
Thanks: 944
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Funny. However, one should also consider how things might have gone down had the result been the other way around. At least those college kids aren't carrying AR-15 rifles.
I can't remember a time when Republicans went to the streets in this mass for an election result.

If Republicans did? The left would be calling them childish, stupid and sore losers. Like, I can assume what the HuffPost articles would be called.

But when Obama won? Nobody rioted. When he won again? Nobody rioted.


Makes ya think
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:36 PM   #186
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
lolirl's Avatar
Posts: 14,026
MC Status: 744029641
Thanks: 10,746
Thanked 7,244 Times in 4,503 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post

I guess it is better than open racism...
Just so's that you know, that is open racism unless your store doubles as a Klan club.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
relic (13-11-2016)
Old 13-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #187
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
lolirl's Avatar
Posts: 14,026
MC Status: 744029641
Thanks: 10,746
Thanked 7,244 Times in 4,503 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post


Makes ya think
Yep.
Makes me think they're lazy gobshites.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #188
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
Blingley's Avatar
Posts: 1,839
MC Status: 7237229
Thanks: 238
Thanked 810 Times in 536 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post

A lot of Whole Foods Progressives are never going to get it. Just like I'm never going to get what its like to be a black man in America. I've made the choice to support the less fortunate at my own expense. Ultimately, their lives are probably still more miserable than mine. I really just want to eat steak instead of hot dogs. Like how petty is that of me? Don't they have a right to high quality, high protein food too? Why should they have to live on McDs?
I get what you're going for, but that is a terrible example. Not only because we all in the western world should eat less animal protein for the sake of the environment and our own health, but because cheap, nutritional high quality protein is readily available: Lentils, beans, eggs, cottage cheese, yoghurt, curds, some species of fish, etc. Some of these make McD look expensive in comparison.

Steak is, really obviously, a luxury product. It takes tons of energy and effort to raise cattle, and then only a tiny part of it is steak. And for some reason, people do not really want the rest of it - even the healthier and arguably tastier parts. So not only is it a luxury product, it is such at least partially due to being a status symbol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
A lot of these people only have high school diplomas. They haven't had the luxury of college where you get to sit around, read a lot of stuff, here a lot of great opinions and form a more coherent world view. Instead they've just been told they are backwards morons.
Honestly, from my experience, having a coherent world view has little to do with economic class and a lot to do with taking the efforts to expose yourself to opposing worldviews, read a lot and talk to different people. I have met full-time alcoholics better able to articulate their worldview and defend it than many of my fellow students.

@SKYCORE: Yeah, no one protested obama at all.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #189
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
jimmusician's Avatar
Posts: 771
MC Status: 8798
Thanks: 52
Thanked 71 Times in 61 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
I'm just going to leave that people of color shit alone because I can't even...

But I would like to know what your criteria for failure is? Yeah my insureance premiums went up but some 20 million people are now insured whereas before they weren't. The affordable care act neeeds refining, that I'll admit. But when you consider the fact that he took over during the largest economic crisis since the Great Depression, I think he did the best anyone could.
For 5 out of the 8 years he was in office, I was working at minimum 50 hours a week, not making bank, that's one. Two, do you really think "he" took over "the largest economic crisis since the Great Depression" single-handedly? Do you really think "he" cared that much? Do you think he devised it all without any help or approval? See, I think "any" president would have done that, because it's their FUCKING JOB. You don't think he had advisors or handlers?

My insurance during the majority of his administration was basically trash working for a company until I recently became unemployed for a bit and bought into Obamacare, I guess that's what the great "working class" get, right? Taxes pulled out of my check almost eating up half of what I make, that's great, right? The artificially boosted stock market that happened when there was barely any movement on the job front? The sudden surge of warehouse and head fry-captain positions that are "job growth"? Let's not kid ourselves, he did like any president would for his country, but he wasn't the god people make him into.

He was a regular fucking guy that made promises to change the outlook for every down-trodden generation under the campaign phrase "change", and when that didn't work he switched to "forward". I got sick of watching him come onto talk shows year after year yukking it up and only detailing what he was doing as "Nothing to see hear folks, everything's working fine and we're doing great". The guy campaigns across the country for the candidate that recently lost, and I'm supposed to be put at ease? Any change at this point would be beneficial.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Great post @relic;.

I'm just going to be that guy and pick one small part out. I'm probably responding more to jimmusician here than you...



Dude it's not that hard to see at all. Take a quick look through current news or a history book and even a working class blue collar middle American can't deny what continues to happen. The fucked thing is they do deny it though with phrases like "get over it" and "it's not the 1800's anymore."

I hear these type of statements from people in my own family all the time. Granted they live in middle America so they're experience is different than mine due to geographical location. But it all comes down to people not being willing to accept responsibility for their own contributions to the culture of hate we have on our hands right now.

They just want to live their little life, behind their little white picket fence, attend their little church service, and never have to be inconvenienced by actually confronting anything at all about their own selves. So, they deny the problem and expect everyone else to just fall in line, because they're little life has panned out essentially problem free.

Anyway point is it's not that it's hard to see at all it's that people just don't want to.
So basically it's all "white people are attacking" from your eyes. Yea, that doesn't sound racist.

https://youtu.be/wuDx6_PLIVk

It's only been 32 years, but let's keep doing it, right? It's not actually about who people are, just what the books say, after all. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist, but let's not pretend who people are and what people do makes an impact on how people end up treated.

Dude get over yourself, the new guy got voted for because his ideas sounded better than the other candidates.
jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 09:12 PM   #190
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,082
MC Status: 8537680
Thanks: 10,553
Thanked 6,935 Times in 4,936 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
I get what you're going for, but that is a terrible example. Not only because we all in the western world should eat less animal protein for the sake of the environment and our own health, but because cheap, nutritional high quality protein is readily available: Lentils, beans, eggs, cottage cheese, yoghurt, curds, some species of fish, etc. Some of these make McD look expensive in comparison.

Steak is, really obviously, a luxury product. It takes tons of energy and effort to raise cattle, and then only a tiny part of it is steak. And for some reason, people do not really want the rest of it - even the healthier and arguably tastier parts. So not only is it a luxury product, it is such at least partially due to being a status symbol.

Honestly, from my experience, having a coherent world view has little to do with economic class and a lot to do with taking the efforts to expose yourself to opposing worldviews, read a lot and talk to different people. I have met full-time alcoholics better able to articulate their worldview and defend it than many of my fellow students.
Ok. Yea. Steak is a terrible example when you get down to the environment and nutrition. Try convincing most Americans to eat lentils though Point being, I get why middle class people get pissed off at those types of programs.

I guess what I mean by the "luxury of college" is that you have this kind of built in free time to expose yourself to those world views. It often also exposes you to people with other world views. America is pretty segregated (for lack of a better term) and people have to actively seek that exposure, which many simply don't have time for between maintaining a household and working to pay the bills. College makes it easier. Of course college doesn't automatically make people open minded--it just the most convenient opportunity in the US.

I simply just don't believe that all/most Trump voters are hate mongers. I think its a much more complex situation than that.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #191
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
SKYCORE's Avatar
busy
Age: 28
Posts: 2,717
MC Status: 53360
Thanks: 944
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
I get what you're going for, but that is a terrible example. Not only because we all in the western world should eat less animal protein for the sake of the environment and our own health, but because cheap, nutritional high quality protein is readily available: Lentils, beans, eggs, cottage cheese, yoghurt, curds, some species of fish, etc. Some of these make McD look expensive in comparison.

Steak is, really obviously, a luxury product. It takes tons of energy and effort to raise cattle, and then only a tiny part of it is steak. And for some reason, people do not really want the rest of it - even the healthier and arguably tastier parts. So not only is it a luxury product, it is such at least partially due to being a status symbol.



Honestly, from my experience, having a coherent world view has little to do with economic class and a lot to do with taking the efforts to expose yourself to opposing worldviews, read a lot and talk to different people. I have met full-time alcoholics better able to articulate their worldview and defend it than many of my fellow students.

@SKYCORE: Yeah, no one protested obama at all.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I edited my post to add 'election results' rioting because I knew someone would "Google Obama riots" from some poopy mid west state and try to make it relevant in this conversation. try harder
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #192
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
jimmusician's Avatar
Posts: 771
MC Status: 8798
Thanks: 52
Thanked 71 Times in 61 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Ok. Yea. Steak is a terrible example when you get down to the environment and nutrition. Try convincing most Americans to eat lentils though Point being, I get why middle class people get pissed off at those types of programs.

I guess what I mean by the "luxury of college" is that you have this kind of built in free time to expose yourself to those world views. It often also exposes you to people with other world views. America is pretty segregated (for lack of a better term) and people have to actively seek that exposure, which many simply don't have time for between maintaining a household and working to pay the bills. College makes it easier. Of course college doesn't automatically make people open minded--it just the most convenient opportunity in the US.

I simply just don't believe that all/most Trump voters are hate mongers. I think its a much more complex situation than that.
Also depends what kind of towns those college locations are, what the people in them are like, who people like in certain areas, what kind of music people gravitate to, what the club scene is like....you know, just the OTHER things other than being open-minded. I didn't think in college when I was in it that a town 50 miles from me would be all about clubbing and looking like something out of the show "Jersey Shore". Was kind of refreshing for me to be stuck in my own head.
jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #193
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
Blingley's Avatar
Posts: 1,839
MC Status: 7237229
Thanks: 238
Thanked 810 Times in 536 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
I edited my post to add 'election results' rioting because I knew someone would "Google Obama riots" from some poopy mid west state and try to make it relevant in this conversation. try harder
People now just are smarter and started rioting before Trump could do anything. The time of the protests does not matter for your argument in the slightest, since your argument is that the president is lawfully elected and thus protesting him is futile (it's not, but that's beside the point).

My favourite part is that you are dismissing people's opinion based on their physical location, though.

"There are no right wing nutjobs."
"Here's a picture of some."
"Everyone knows midwest states are right wing nutjobs, they don't count"

Good job, lul.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #194
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
SKYCORE's Avatar
busy
Age: 28
Posts: 2,717
MC Status: 53360
Thanks: 944
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
People now just are smarter and started rioting before Trump could do anything. The time of the protests does not matter for your argument in the slightest, since your argument is that the president is lawfully elected and thus protesting him is futile (it's not, but that's beside the point).

My favourite part is that you are dismissing people's opinion based on their physical location, though.

"There are no right wing nutjobs."
"Here's a picture of some."
"Everyone knows midwest states are right wing nutjobs, they don't count"

Good job, lul.
Protesting it is futile. The protests don't matter. The petition doesn't matter. You're just another brain washed liberal. But hey, I'll give you this. List reasons WHY the protests will work and I'll oblige ya partner. Btw he was lawfully elected. Hillary lawfully conceded too. Funny that

I was only talking about election protests.

You posted stupid pictures irrelevant to the conversation but still had to do with Obama so you could feel like you were contrib00tin but you aren't.

and what you said about nutrition then listed dairy

not eating animal proteins
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #195
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
RFJ's Avatar
I live in California.
Age: 38
Posts: 12,989
MC Status: 199644118
Thanks: 4,628
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmusician View Post
For 5 out of the 8 years he was in office, I was working at minimum 50 hours a week, not making bank, that's one. Two, do you really think "he" took over "the largest economic crisis since the Great Depression" single-handedly? Do you really think "he" cared that much? Do you think he devised it all without any help or approval? See, I think "any" president would have done that, because it's their FUCKING JOB. You don't think he had advisors or handlers?
You've missed my point here I believe.

When I said took over I didn't mean fixed it because clearly he didn't. What I meant was he had a loooooooong road to hoe due to conservative economic policies. The same policies by the way that we essentially just voted back in. Tax cuts for the top and deregulation. Given what he was faced with trying to overcome I just think "failure" is a point of view that leaves out the reality of what he had to deal with. And I bet you cashed your stimulus check too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmusician View Post
My insurance during the majority of his administration was basically trash working for a company until I recently became unemployed for a bit and bought into Obamacare, I guess that's what the great "working class" get, right? Taxes pulled out of my check almost eating up half of what I make, that's great, right? The artificially boosted stock market that happened when there was barely any movement on the job front? The sudden surge of warehouse and head fry-captain positions that are "job growth"? Let's not kid ourselves, he did like any president would for his country, but he wasn't the god people make him into.
I'm not denying anything you say here and I've never made him out to be a god. Making him out to be a god is just as biased as calling him a failure. My main problem is I don't think anyone who makes those types of claims, on either side, has any kind of finger on the pulse of what really happened. They just throw out statements and sling rhetoric because, well I don't know why actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmusician View Post
He was a regular fucking guy that made promises to change the outlook for every down-trodden generation under the campaign phrase "change", and when that didn't work he switched to "forward". I got sick of watching him come onto talk shows year after year yukking it up and only detailing what he was doing as "Nothing to see hear folks, everything's working fine and we're doing great". The guy campaigns across the country for the candidate that recently lost, and I'm supposed to be put at ease? Any change at this point would be beneficial.
Not much meat to respond to here honestly which points to what I was saying in my last paragraph. As to your last sentence it's obvious that you want change and didn't think the DNC were bringing it as promised. But the thing that really gets me with the change argument is Trump doesn't represent change either. As I said in my first paragraph he represents been there done that policies that have failed already. Policies that quite in fact brought you to the place you are complaining about in your post. To clarify I'm blaming the admin before Obama for the results of the things that had to be put in place to clean up the mess. In that regard when the DNC says we have more work to do I'm on board and don't think going back to old policies is the way forward at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmusician View Post
So basically it's all "white people are attacking" from your eyes. Yea, that doesn't sound racist.

https://youtu.be/wuDx6_PLIVk
What I'm saying is you can't fix a problem by denying it and denying it only contributes to continued separation. You'll have to forgive me as I didn't watch the link, I'm at a little league game currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmusician View Post
It's only been 32 years, but let's keep doing it, right? It's not actually about who people are, just what the books say, after all. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist, but let's not pretend who people are and what people do makes an impact on how people end up treated.
It's only been 32 years since what?

I would like for you to spell out the bulk of this portion of your post for me, clarify it and explain it to me like I'm a fourth grader. I just want to see if you'll actually do it.

Last edited by RFJ; 13-11-2016 at 10:21 PM..

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
relic (14-11-2016)
Old 13-11-2016, 10:20 PM   #196
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
Blingley's Avatar
Posts: 1,839
MC Status: 7237229
Thanks: 238
Thanked 810 Times in 536 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Ok. Yea. Steak is a terrible example when you get down to the environment and nutrition. Try convincing most Americans to eat lentils though Point being, I get why middle class people get pissed off at those types of programs.
If I had half the marketing budget of the meat lobby, I probably could. But really, there is no profit in marketing lentils because they are so cheap, so they do not become particularly popular. But then again, fuck people, lentils are bloody delicious.

Re: Luxury of college / 'murica segregation: Mostly I am trying to say that you can really be an educated, of high social status, and have a horrible mumbojumbo of a worldview. Most people do, across all social classes. I mean, majority of the western world has access to decent library systems and the internet these days, so it really is just putting in the effort. Could really be different in US though, I don't know.

And yeah, obviously it isn't just hatemongers supporting Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
Protesting it is futile. The protests don't matter. The petition doesn't matter.
Demonstrating dissent makes people up for election and holding positions of power less likely to provide political support for Trump in the future. Increased press coverage creates negative publicity both for Trump and the protesters, but since the protesters do not need to give a fuck about their popularity they win. If protests are large enough, a lobby movement can be formed, and function as a core support group for opposing parties.

Do you even politics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
You're just another brain washed liberal.
Brilliant counterargument. 10/10, a gold star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
But hey, I'll give you this. List reasons WHY the protests will work and I'll oblige ya partner.
See 1st post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
Btw he was lawfully elected. Hillary lawfully conceded too. Funny that.
I never claimed he wasn't. Of course, I know that reading comprehension is somewhat difficult, so I did not expect you to engage in it either. Or reading, for that matter. All these letters must be giving you one hell of a headache right now, with all that forehead-rubbing going on in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
I was only talking about election protests.
So you concede that you are actually dumb enough to not even understand your own point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
and what you said about nutrition then listed dairy
The most comprehensive study regarding milk and dairy products foundno negatives for dairy products, only for milk.Because milk contains lactose, which gets metabolized into D-galactose, which causes oxidative stress. Amazingly, all kinds of bacteria are fine digesting that out of the milk, meaning that we can have dairy products where there is only trace amounts of lactose. And those products can be healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g6015
Thus women with a high intake of cheese or fermented milk products compared with women with low intakes had lower mortality and fracture rates (see supplementary tables C and D). For each serving the rate of mortality and hip fractures was reduced by 10-15% (P<0.001). Risk reductions in men, based on a single exposure assessment, were more modest or were non-existent (see supplementary tables C and D).
Do you even nutrition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
not eating animal proteins
Eating less means not eating at all. Nice reduction to absolutes. Also, yes, eating a lot of animal protein is unhealthy. Are you actually disputing this, or are you just vomiting angry words into the comment box? I mean, I'm giving you the benefit of doubt here, but spamming smilies makes it pretty hard.

Last edited by Blingley; 13-11-2016 at 10:25 PM..

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 10:41 PM   #197
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
SKYCORE's Avatar
busy
Age: 28
Posts: 2,717
MC Status: 53360
Thanks: 944
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
If I had half the marketing budget of the meat lobby, I probably could. But really, there is no profit in marketing lentils because they are so cheap, so they do not become particularly popular. But then again, fuck people, lentils are bloody delicious.

Re: Luxury of college / 'murica segregation: Mostly I am trying to say that you can really be an educated, of high social status, and have a horrible mumbojumbo of a worldview. Most people do, across all social classes. I mean, majority of the western world has access to decent library systems and the internet these days, so it really is just putting in the effort. Could really be different in US though, I don't know.

And yeah, obviously it isn't just hatemongers supporting Trump.



Demonstrating dissent makes people up for election and holding positions of power less likely to provide political support for Trump in the future. Increased press coverage creates negative publicity both for Trump and the protesters, but since the protesters do not need to give a fuck about their popularity they win. If protests are large enough, a lobby movement can be formed, and function as a core support group for opposing parties.

Do you even politics?



Brilliant counterargument. 10/10, a gold star.



See 1st post.



I never claimed he wasn't. Of course, I know that reading comprehension is somewhat difficult, so I did not expect you to engage in it either. Or reading, for that matter. All these letters must be giving you one hell of a headache right now, with all that forehead-rubbing going on in your post.



So you concede that you are actually dumb enough to not even understand your own point?



The most comprehensive study regarding milk and dairy products foundno negatives for dairy products, only for milk.Because milk contains lactose, which gets metabolized into D-galactose, which causes oxidative stress. Amazingly, all kinds of bacteria are fine digesting that out of the milk, meaning that we can have dairy products where there is only trace amounts of lactose. And those products can be healthy.



Do you even nutrition?



Eating less means not eating at all. Nice reduction to absolutes. Also, yes, eating a lot of animal protein is unhealthy. Are you actually disputing this, or are you just vomiting angry words into the comment box? I mean, I'm giving you the benefit of doubt here, but spamming smilies makes it pretty hard.

actually i dunno why i replied to you. you're more retarded than you were. go away ugly.

keep reading studies about how milk affects women youll get far.

i wont reply to anything you typed out so die in a fire or whatever the kids say. yup lol

Last edited by SKYCORE; 13-11-2016 at 11:23 PM..
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 10:47 PM   #198
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
NewWorldOrder's Avatar
Texas
Posts: 2,240
MC Status: 19460
Thanks: 323
Thanked 389 Times in 299 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
politics is banned on this forum
its philosophy

naw but I would not get mad at anyone for disagreeing or anything, but I would understand why it would be.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #199
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Numerical's Avatar
Austin
Age: 39
Posts: 10,768
MC Status: 45942681
Thanks: 6,644
Thanked 5,690 Times in 3,584 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

No one gave a flying rat fuck about Trump before he threw his hat in the ring for prez. No one gave any kind of fucks to Trump. And now, all the sudden, he's the fuckin saviour for all mankind because he's won the goddamn united states political election...No. You know what it is? Trump is an excuse for assholes to vent their rage all over the other "side" of the ideological spectrum. it would have been the same with Clinton had she won, people would be HAW HAWing all over the republicans and wagging their fingers in glorious triumph (conceit).

Like I said...hubris. It's all over these people's faces. HAW HAW HAW WE WON HAW HAW HAW. That's who I have a problem with. Maybe Trump can do something worthwhile, who the fuck knows. Maybe this hullabaloo will knock some sense into the guy...I'm not holding out any hope for that but politics have fucking TAKEN OVER OUR LIVES and it's just GAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Numerical is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 11:15 PM   #200
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Numerical's Avatar
Austin
Age: 39
Posts: 10,768
MC Status: 45942681
Thanks: 6,644
Thanked 5,690 Times in 3,584 Posts
Re: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW.

I think (hope) over the coming weeks and months people just get so sick of hearing and reading about fucking politics and actually go out and make the word a better place by doing something good instead of complaining about losing or waving their shit victory in others' faces.

Advertisements

Numerical is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
Wulfsok (21-11-2016)
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am NOT ashamed to be an American nor persona non grata. Nystagmus The Side Room 40 21-02-2017 07:00 PM
South American trends ? victortello Music Scene Chat 2 10-12-2015 01:28 AM
American DJ in China StompOnFloor Introduce Yourself 0 19-06-2014 12:50 PM
american idol - edm edition willings Music Scene Chat 3 03-01-2013 03:17 PM
New South-American Producer VoodooChild Introduce Yourself 0 17-01-2012 05:13 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.