Analog console... oops. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #21
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1535477
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,242 Posts
Re: Analog console... oops.

i'll definitely be abusing the aux send/returns on this thing coupled with the bussing for strange dub fx and shimmery reverb textures.

Using the 828 as an interface for it I have a ton of IO routing options. could certainly get weird...

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
relic (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #22
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538530
Thanked 6,952 Times in 4,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
i'll definitely be abusing the aux send/returns on this thing coupled with the bussing for strange dub fx and shimmery reverb textures.

Using the 828 as an interface for it I have a ton of IO routing options. could certainly get weird...
This is why I need a better mixing desk lol. I like the my little SoundCraft...but...pfff...I can't even fit a much bigger one in my studio anyway

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #23
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

my little soundcraft simply did not turn on one day.

the second one that has had that issue.

weird.

------------------
Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #24
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
my little soundcraft simply did not turn on one day.

the second one that has had that issue.

weird.
Was it the EPM series? If I recall correctly I remember you said you owned one. I don't like that there isn't a power switch (or I'm crazy and don't know where it is).

------------------
Old 09-11-2014, 01:45 AM   #25
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

it was.

------------------
Thanks to chasedobson
relic (09-11-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #26
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
it was.
: ( fingers crossed, knock on wood, maybe I will sell it before it poops out on me : (

------------------
Old 09-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #27
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

im sure is repairable. makes a great compact mixer for performing tabletop electronic music live.

------------------
Old 09-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #28
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
im sure is repairable. makes a great compact mixer for performing tabletop electronic music live.
My only complaint is I wish it had bigger lighted mute buttons. I alsp got mine for 200...free shipping...used for a singal out of studio project then sold. The way it came packaged you coulda tricked anyone into think it was unused...

------------------
Old 09-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #29
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

best sounding mixer at that price for sure.

------------------
Old 16-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #30
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

first mix on this guy. did a bulk of the eq and compression work in the box and then bussed subgroups out to 12 channels on the console. drove the inputs a bit hard and "sweetened" the stems up with a bit of the desk's EQ. Drove the master into the red a bit and attenuated it before going back to the MOTU for capture.

This mix is a little dark for my taste, It'll take a few mixes on it before I can get what i want out of it I think.

That said, this desk has character for sure. Makes me want an optical comp for the master bus to get things sounding really warm and squishy.

Advertisements

------------------