American DJ in China
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Introduce Yourself Say hello to our other members. Give us a little about yourself and what you're interested in. Tell us about the music you like to make and listen to.

« Hello | Hi There! »
Old 19-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
StompOnFloor
Learning The Ropes
StompOnFloor is currently spamming hard
Colorado
MC Status: 10
American DJ in China

I've been on the site for years, but 7 months ago I moved to China to teach English. I recently discovered the opportunity to tour Chinese clubs as a DJ, simply because I'm white. Lame- I know. But I am super excited about it, it's really a dream come true for me. But right now I am looking for any recommendations you can give me as far as artists or remixes go.

I am really into experimental electro, hip-hop, dark house, noise, etc, but in China I need to bring something more mainstream to the table. I want to show them something new, but not outside of their comfort zone because I probably can't. So any recommendations for anything club house, techno, dubstep, trap, or sweet pop remixes that are actually cool but still accessible would be much appreciated.

I'm looking for the perfect balance between cutting edge skilled electro and accessibility. And it has to be upbeat.

Thanks for your time!

My influences are:
Amon Tobin, Trentemoller, Boards of Canada, Matthew Dear, Battles, Jimmy Edgar, etc

Any club worthy hip hop would be great.

Advertisements

StompOnFloor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote

« Hello | Hi There! »