a clip launching live9 remote script
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 22-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
Goolue
Digital Surfer
Goolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud of
Isn't built out of Humus.
MC Status: 1060
a clip launching live9 remote script

Hi people!
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread so id this isn't please move the thread to it's right location

I'm designing a DIY MIDI controller using Livid's Brain V1. At the moment I'm stuck at the design phase because I can't find a remote script that will do what I want to do (launch clips mainly). All the scripts I found were Live8 or older, except for [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. This script only shows the red box for me and I'm not able to move the box around or launch clips. I've tried massing with the "parameters" file a bit (changing the midi channel and the cc values for the up / down / left / right movement of the box) but the only changes I mange to make are to the box's size (height and width).

I also thought of the user remote script that comes with live but that one is VERY limited and can't be made to change more things.

So, my question is: does anybody know of a script that works or any other way to make this happen? (excluding Max as version 6 isn't working for some weird reason).

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

------------------
My Soundcloud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
i always felt if Thom Yorke was a food item he would be a noodle
Goolue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #2
SunkLo
SunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MC
MC Status: 132300
Re: a clip launching live9 remote script

Write your own!

(It won't let me link so you'll have to copy/paste)

4 Part tutorial series starting here:
remotescripts.blogspot.ca/2010/03/introduction-to-framework-classes.html

The Live Object Model, which outlines what parts of Live you can access:
cycling74.com/docs/max6/dynamic/c74_docs.html#live_object_model

Documentation for the Framework classes:
julienbayle.net/AbletonLiveRemoteScripts_Docs/_Framework/

Decompiled default scripts so you can see how things are done for similar controllers:
github.com/gluon/AbletonLive9_RemoteScripts
SunkLo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
Goolue
Digital Surfer
Goolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud of
Isn't built out of Humus.
MC Status: 1060
Re: a clip launching live9 remote script

Hey man! Thanks for your help but I already found a solution. I'm going to use this Selected Track Control script together with the User Remote Script that comes with Live. I might write my own one If i'll feel like it later on and will have time for it. Anyways, thanks again for your time!

Advertisements

------------------
My Soundcloud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
i always felt if Thom Yorke was a food item he would be a noodle
Goolue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote