Novation: Video, free sample pack and contest. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #21
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Re: Novation: Video, free sample pack and contest.

Looks like we're not out of our misery yet...

Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novation on FaceBook
Hey all,
Rick Jeldy is right - we're pushing back the announcement a week to allow our judges a little more time with your entries! I'll let you know the moment I have more information.
Unlike**1**Reply**6 hours ago

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #22
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029441
Thanked 7,240 Times in 4,500 Posts

Unlike 1.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #23
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...ARRRRRRR RRGH...

This guy will probably win too because, essentially, he made an ad for the product line:

------------------
Old 12-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #24
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Lol, yes probably a winner.

Let's hope there isn't two others like that!!!

I think that entry will rule mine out tho as he used one of the samples I used and did a better job. They most likely won't want three winners tracks that all sound alike.

Oh well....

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #25
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Wow, talk about making sure you win, lol. I thought it was good but found myself a bit annoyed by all the pandering.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #26
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Bring as I never thought they would e mail the losers as well I was extremely excited until
I opened the e-mail (quoted below) titled "Novation Heritage."

Maybe next time I'll paint my face blue and make a video featuring product placement.

Oh well, I'm happy with the track and I guess that's what really matters. Most losers would say that though.

I can't find where they have announced the winners yet, checked fb and their website so...

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
; what'd they say to you? Hopefully one of us made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novation
Dear Producer,

Thank you for entering Novation's Innovation Since 92 production competition.

Unfortunately you weren't selected as a winner this time, but we hope you enjoyed creating your entry and have had more fun with the Heritage Sound Pack since!

All the best,

Novation

------------------
Old 16-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #27
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Bring as I never thought they would e mail the losers as well I was extremely excited until
I opened the e-mail (quoted below) titled "Novation Heritage."

Maybe next time I'll paint my face blue and make a video featuring product placement.

Oh well, I'm happy with the track and I guess that's what really matters. Most losers would say that though.

I can't find where they have announced the winners yet, checked fb and their website so...

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
; what'd they say to you? Hopefully one of us made it.

Ha ha, same kind of thing happened to me!!!

No cigar

Has that guy in the video won??? I fucking hope not as it said fuck all about 'make a video too' in the rules. I wouldn't have actually bothered if that was the case.

I'm fairly sure they haven't even listened to mine as I've been monitoring the stats on souncloud

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #28
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 47410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Bastard View Post
Has that guy in the video won??? I fucking hope not as it said fuck all about 'make a video too' in the rules. I wouldn't have actually bothered if that was the case.
Yeah, wotta suckup. Well, they did manage to position their brand very prominently here on IDMf and I think most of us really don't think about them that often. I did like their video of the origins of the company. I love any outfit that starts out with two guys messing around with crap.
Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 03:03 AM   #29
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

The natives over on FaceBook are getting restless as Novation still hasn't posted the winning tracks yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Bastard View Post
I'm fairly sure they haven't even listened to mine as I've been monitoring the stats on souncloud
Many people on FB are claiming this same thing or a variation of. Here's one example of a few:

Quote:
I AM DISAPPOINTED. NOT because I've got the same e-mail everybody has in their mailbox BUT because my YOUTUBE ANALYTICS says there are ZERO plays from UK REGION. SO I strongly believe my track hasn't been heard by ANY judges, that's why I AM SAD. I am disappointed in NOVATION, alas...
The only thing I can think of is in the terms and conditions it said if the prize isn't claimed within 11 days then they give your winning to someone else. Maybe they're waiting for this period to end, and that everyone has claimed their prize, before posting the winners. But then why say anything at all yet? Either way I think it could have been handled better. Like maybe e-mail the winners only, wait for them to claim their prize, then announce the winners and nobody else gets an e-mail.

Quite a few people on the FB say they didn't receive any e-mail at all.

Last edited by RFJ; 19-04-2014 at 03:11 AM..

------------------
Old 19-04-2014, 03:09 AM   #30
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8537430
Thanked 6,930 Times in 4,932 Posts

Well, looks like Novation is going to have a shit storm on their hands. If you get judges you better make sure they are actually willing to do their job.

I feel bad for you guys, but I'm not surprised that in general such a contest has turned out this way, especially with all the tools SC, YouTube etc gives people for tracking listens and uch.

They had very nice prizes, didn't they suspect they would get tons of entries? The whole mess seems really unprofessional.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
RFJ (19-04-2014)
Old 19-04-2014, 03:22 AM   #31
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Yeah I'm really surprised that a company on their level would handle things in this way. I mean you would think that they would have a game plan on lockdown as to how this was going to go but it seems, based on all this, very thrown together.

Based upon the limited experience with the way people submit stuff on-line and don't bother to follow directions or read rules I understand there could be some problems on the user end. But given the fact that the "I don't think they even played it" thing came up with GB I'm sure there is a level of validity to at lease some of the claims.

Edit: Here's another...

Quote:
Hey guys from novation, where are the winning tracks?... maybe was the heritage competition a fake? Have you really heard all tracks? What is the problem to release the winners? It's a very bad style guys!!!
These types of comments have been getting made for the last few days with no reply from Novation what-so-ever. They've made other posts to their FB page but it seems they are ignoring this altogether.

Last edited by RFJ; 19-04-2014 at 03:29 AM..

------------------
Old 19-04-2014, 03:31 AM   #32
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 47410

Well this is pretty lame crap. Sorry you guys got stiffed by a company that apparently doesn't give a shit about treating contest participants fairly.
Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Stich
RFJ (19-04-2014)
Old 19-04-2014, 03:32 AM   #33
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Yeah, all they would have to do is say something.

------------------
Old 19-04-2014, 03:41 AM   #34
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

I would respect them way more if they just admitted they blew it if something did go wrong. Them not answering these questions just makes things look really suspicious. I feel like I'm just stating the obvious here...but goddamn this seems shady for a company that big...

------------------
Old 19-04-2014, 04:17 AM   #35
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

I would have had a team of people listening to the tracks as they came in and filtering them down in stages. That way when the competition ends all that needs to be done is sift through the last submissions received, then send the judges a package of 10 tracks. I'm sure the judges were being paid so give them a time table of 72 hours, collect the results, then notify [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, and the other [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
where they can go pick up their synths and call it a day.

Simple as that.

But seriously, minus that last part, that's what I would have done were I them.

------------------
Old 19-04-2014, 04:20 AM   #36
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
I would have had a team of people listening to the tracks as they came in and filtering them down in stages. That way when the competition ends all that needs to be done is sift through the last submissions received, then send the judges a package of 10 tracks. I'm sure the judges were being paid so give them a time table of 72 hours, collect the results, then notify [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, and the other [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
where they can go pick up their synths and call it a day.

Simple as that.

But seriously, minus that last part, that's what I would have done were I them.
Yep. I think what you suggest is usually how these contests go when there are famous judges. No way those guys are listening to hundreds of tracks.

------------------
Old 19-04-2014, 04:23 AM   #37
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Very odd considering this was probably meant to be a publicity campaign. Also odd that a company with the resources that they have to botch this up and piss off future customers.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 04:25 AM   #38
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Yeah I doubt they sent them hundred(s) of tracks either but there had to be a breakdown somewhere along the way being as the entire thing ran late and now all this.

------------------
Old 27-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #39
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

After a veritable, on-going, worldwide coup on FaceBook, Novation finally announces the winners to the competition. After I heard the first one I was like, okay yeah I see, because honestly it's pretty good if you're into hip-hop. It's mixed really well and presents a very creative use of the samples...

Then you have the next two and I'm left scratching my head. Several of the selections I was able to find on my own while waiting for the results were way better than these efforts. I'm not getting down on these next two because of style but, surprise, they're dubstep.

Bad, poorly mixed, and lifeless dub step at that, in my humble opinion...

Taking my entry totally out of the equation...

Sorry, I don't get it.

------------------
Old 28-04-2014, 12:07 AM   #40
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
After a veritable, on-going, worldwide coup on FaceBook, Novation finally announces the winners to the competition. After I heard the first one I was like, okay yeah I see, because honestly it's pretty good if you're into hip-hop. It's mixed really well and presents a very creative use of the samples...

Then you have the next two and I'm left scratching my head. Several of the selections I was able to find on my own while waiting for the results were way better than these efforts. I'm not getting down on these next two because of style but, surprise, they're dubstep.

Bad, poorly mixed, and lifeless dub step at that, in my humble opinion...

Taking my entry totally out of the equation...

Sorry, I don't get it.
Jesus christ, you're right. A lot of competitions end like this, pretty fishy or something

Advertisements

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
RFJ (28-04-2014)