80's detuned hardware synth? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:07 AM   #21
Mason Bane
Mason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2109
Re: 80's detuned hardware synth?

Basically any synth can sound like you are after. There are a couple of synths that are still affordable, yet make incredible sound, such as the JX3P and the Poly 61. In one of my videos I show some of the Poly 61. I know that Com Truise uses the Korg Mono/Poly and Polysix VST's, not the real synths. The Mono/Poly has an "analog" dial where you can get oscillator detuning. Most synths have an LFO that can be put on slow and routed to the pitch and/ or filter which will give you the woozy, dreamy sound you are after. I made several tutorials on this type of thing. Here is one:

Last edited by Mason Bane; 02-01-2014 at 02:12 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Mason Bane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #22
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897

I actually saw this tutorial on another forum.

I'll go with a modified toy keyboard when I have the time for it, my other ones are just gibberish. I'm looking to buy El Capistan somewhere, it has some nice added mood to it that other delays don't.
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #23
liveact
Minor Glitch
liveact is just really niceliveact is just really niceliveact is just really niceliveact is just really niceliveact is just really nice
MC Status: 410

Phonec VST synth from Psychic Modulation can do a pretty good detuned sound.
liveact is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #24
andcunning
Analog Lurker
andcunning is a glorious beacon of lightandcunning is a glorious beacon of lightandcunning is a glorious beacon of lightandcunning is a glorious beacon of lightandcunning is a glorious beacon of light
Venice, CA
MC Status: 460

Ok, so Com Truise uses DCO polys for his pads a Mopho for his basses. To get the broken sounding pad sounds I just modulate the pitch of my oscillators with a REALLY slow LFO. On my 106 I've had great success by almost setting the LFO to its slowest setting and modulating the pitch of the oscillators very lightly. It makes for a great Lone/Com Truise pad sound.
andcunning is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #25
RUncELL
Soundscaper
RUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond repute
Essex
MC Status: 3410

Ok, it's not an 80's synth, but it's analog hardware

Advertisements

RUncELL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote