NI Traktor Pro 2 + Vinyl + 2 ch dj mixer + Maschine
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1836877
NI Traktor Pro 2 + Vinyl + 2 ch dj mixer + Maschine

Not sure if this is off topic in the forum if so apologies and delete but hoping someone may have some experience.

Dabbled for many years with sl1210s and vinyl, purchased traktor last year (got a good deal) and never really got into it. I much prefer the tactility of vinyls and hands on mixing. But I want to have a tinker with some ideas for produciton using traktor. Getting more and more quality tracks from soundclouds that would be nice in a set.

Cut to the chase anyone know what the besst method would be to use traktor with a regular mixer (using the timecode vinyls from NI) and not one of NI's dedicated mixer. The best for needs appears to be the z2 but, I must be able to rig this up without spending 600+ notes on a new mixer.

Currently the 1210 go into the reg Stanton mixer and direct outs into the fireface 800.

Any solutions or redirections appreciated

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
Benwaa
Re: NI Traktor Pro 2 + Vinyl + 2 ch dj mixer + Maschine

you need a soundcard that will accept and decode timecode vinyl, then you can use either vinyl or cd through a mixer of your choice
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1836877
Re: NI Traktor Pro 2 + Vinyl + 2 ch dj mixer + Maschine

Thanks Benwaa.

Guessing there's no work around this so stuck with the NI or other traktor compatible mixers/soundscards. Currently have a Fireface800 which I would imagine is not going to cut the mustard in this scenario. Was hoping for a workaround

Back to the drawing board, other financial priorities for the time being.

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote