The "Let's make some Techno thread..." - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Techno Techno Techno Techno Techno

Go Back Ľ Music By Genre Ľ Techno
Old 15-07-2015, 01:28 AM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8560080
Thanked 7,383 Times in 5,220 Posts
Re: The "Let's make some Techno thread..."

I am a huge failure techno fiends...picked up a last minute five week summer course which will fund a new synth...been mad busy...will be back to listen and contribute asap

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 02:44 AM   #22
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897

I like the track Esten. I like the middle part the most and the beat after it is really good.

Yeah it's done on a modular, I used Phonogene for the samples.

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #23
Esten Toreo
Microknight
Esten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

I'm envious McToast. No worries, I have the modular bug and will be back

Might go back and clean my track up when I'm bored but this isn't really a serious thread so fuck it.

Relic - glad you're busy dude hope the course goes well.

------------------
Industrial Glitch-Hop Psychofunk?

Esten Toreo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #24
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128426

Just went back to producing techno this summer. Be back to this thread soon enough!
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lebeux
relic (15-07-2015)
Old 15-07-2015, 05:25 PM   #25
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeux View Post
Just went back to producing techno this summer. Be back to this thread soon enough!
maybe we can can try that left field techno collab again...I am deep into the 4x4 vibe these days...

------------------
Old 15-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #26
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid

Yeah, that kind of petered out
Old 15-07-2015, 11:49 PM   #27
brb
IDMf Artist
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69890419
Thanked 1,005 Times in 653 Posts

Four examples of techno wot I like:

I also adore all Drexciya/ARPANET/Dopplereffekt/etc, Planet-E, most Detroit stuff in general, plus a lot of UK stuff.

I'm going to go and make a techno tune now. Gimme an hour or two.

------------------
:mayonesa:
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 03:12 AM   #28
brb
IDMf Artist
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC

Or three:

Probably sounds like shit, made in headphones. No bassline, either. Oh well.

------------------
Thanks to brb
liquid_air (18-07-2015)
Old 16-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #29
Esten Toreo
Microknight
Esten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

That's pretty dark brb. You don't always need a bassline anyway, esp with a meaty kick like that. I like that weird high pitched sound is it coming off the hats, is subtle but cool.

Good effort Letomas. The bass/chord sound throws off the timing sometimes and the gap of silence is too long for me but otherwise sweet track, nice melodies.

------------------
Industrial Glitch-Hop Psychofunk?

Esten Toreo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 06:59 AM   #30
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 62060
Thanked 1,241 Times in 912 Posts

Here is a re-work of the last entry I had... http://www.idmforums.com/showthread....49#post1344849

I tried to incorporate all the useful feedback from brb and Esten. Thanks to you both. I think this sounds quite a bit better than all the stuff I made before. Well, I'll let you be the judge, but I think it has a nice flow.

Andy

http://soundcloud.com/liquid-air-2/lost-in-sound

A little re-work after sleeping over it. I should make a note to not upload anything right after I wrapped it up late at night. I like where I ended up, but I was just looking at where I originally thought this would head, and as usual I've taken a few detours an instead of dark and gritty I now have airy and cheerful. Funny how that goes.

Last edited by liquid_air; 18-07-2015 at 03:18 PM..

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #31
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny

brb: nice, dark, and minimal. I like the overall sound of this. Of course, a baseline would offer some opportunity to add some variation to it. It could also alter the feel quite a bit, say go a bit more industrial with some noise or a bit more hands in the air with a more massive chord. Options...

Letomas: very nice work, if you are into flutes. I would have preferred a more tech flute-isn kind of sound, but that's just my taste preference. The variations are nice, really.

------------------

Old 19-07-2015, 01:13 AM   #32
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Alright... I wasn't entirely satisfied with not delivering on the more gloomy track I envisioned. So, I tried to rework the sounds I already had in order to make the mood more somber. I changed the key to A minor and made subtle changes to the instrumentation. Let me know if this has merit and I may finish it...

I now added some Russian radio broadcasts, including the infamous UVB-76 buzzer, just to give it the apocalyptic feel I wanted it to have. Life at the precipice...

http://soundcloud.com/liquid-air-2/l...-desolation-v2

Last edited by liquid_air; 19-07-2015 at 07:18 PM..

------------------

Old 05-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #33
PsychoTechnaut
Learning The Ropes
PsychoTechnaut is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quick question, when you guys are making your tracks, what bar do you start at?

Just getting into producing and I've been trying to start from the intro but it hasn't been working out, I find myself just scrapping ideas because I cannot picture it turning into a track.
PsychoTechnaut is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #34
brb
IDMf Artist

I often make a groove, copy/paste as new pattern, change that up, combine them, then copy/paste that as a new pattern, repeat. Then I'll usually break that down into the different instruments, arrange them to make an intro, recombine them, edit...

Then, using the same instruments, write a different groove (perhaps in a different key), then use the aforementioned formula to lengthen and vary it, before finding some way of transitioning between the two grooves (maybe transposing the new groove to better fit the old). Repeat ad nauseam, then build the outro.

------------------
Thanks to brb
Esten Toreo (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #35
lebeux
IDMf Artist
Madrid

I got into this so much I'm thinking of trying for a release.

Not sure if failure or success :/
Old 05-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #36
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Sorry yall..I picked up a five week summer class...ill be back soon...
Old 02-09-2015, 04:17 AM   #37
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

I've been busy at work, too.

Advertisements

------------------

Currently Listening To: https://soundcloud.com/adambeyer/dcr257-drumcode-radio-live-adam-beyer-live-from-awak