[leftfield electronica] Buru: Eskapism EP [Grillin´Records]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 19-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Complex
Complex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MC
Manchester of Finland
MC Status: 10657938
[leftfield electronica] Buru: Eskapism EP [Grillin´Records]

Our new Eskapism EP full of leftfield electronica tracks is out now @ Bandcamp! Name your price and enjoy the ride! Thanks to our friends @ Grillin´Records for making it happen. Artwork is by Timo Huutoniemi (label head honcho) and mastering was done by Toiminto. Subsense made also excellent bass-remix of Fundamentals Remain the Same.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Reviews to this thread are more than welcome!

Advertisements

------------------
Complex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Complex
Complex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MC
Manchester of Finland
MC Status: 10657938
Re: [leftfield electronica] Buru: Eskapism EP [Grillin´Records]

Ewphoria.com made a nice and honest review of Eskapism EP. I encourage all of you to check the site and especially those hugely entertaining talkshow-podcasts called Ewphoria Show. He is also a member of Idmf-community. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Here´s how the man writes of our EP:

"Every house album I can think of has its point of repetition. Not so much here. What Buru does so well pertains to the amount of class held within the boundaries of dance music. In this case, class can also be referred to as “not annoying”. Eskapism doesn’t really begin to pick up until the beginning moments of Arkane Volume. This is where Buru decides to go for the heavy use of future space beats. It is also worth noting that “future space beats” is their specialty. Not only can they keep your head outside the atmosphere, but they’re also capable of keeping your feet planted on Earth’s soil.

There’s just something so peaceful about the music Buru manages to create. The way it is delivered makes for an easy listen. This becomes so apparent; you begin to forget you’re listening to music. I hope that makes sense. Good Cop Bad Cop is a prime example of how earthy and spacey Eskapism can be. Of course, my interpretation could be miles off from what Buru had intended, but I doubt that’ll cause for any form of hardship. Moving on to Empty Space – the emphasis on minimized vocals on top of the slowly driven ethnic vibe made for one of the more pleasant listens throughout the EP.

Speaking of pleasant, Nailed it is probably my new favorite song from these guys. Just go listen to it and see if you know where I’m coming from. Speaking of unpleasant; something is missing here. Don’t get me wrong, Eskapism is a good EP but in a world where there is so much music, you can’t help but think that Buru can do better. It’s simply hard to praise something that is swimming in an ocean sized pool filled with clones. There is nothing here you haven’t heard before. It is all just refined material waiting to be explored by the casual pair of ears. Either way, Eskapism is a clear indicator of better things to come from Buru."

Advertisements

------------------
Complex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote