VSTs to audio track to help out my PC
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798770
VSTs to audio track to help out my PC

Okay, a question.

When you are working on a track, and you have a lot of VSTs in use, do you sometimes record the VST sounds as an audiotrack to audio channel to lower your PCs CPU Load Meter?. I hope you guys know what I mean So instead of having 3 seperate Nexuses on 3 seperate track (Which can be tough for you CPU), do you record each Nexus sound to an audio track of it's own to help help your CPU.

Advertisements

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
TheDoctor
Regular Freak
TheDoctor is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 28
Re: VSTs to audio track to help out my PC

If your using ableton try freezing your tracks if the cpu starts to overload, that way if you need to go back and make adjustments you can Just unfreeze and volia! Ableton is awesome for stuff like that.
TheDoctor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Benwaa

yeah freeze the tracks, and if you don't need that track as midi anymore you can always flatten it to save more cpu
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798770

Yeah just noticed that freezing really helps out. Thanks a lot!

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390098
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,765 Posts

Or just render to audio and endless new possibilities (to altering the sound) will lay at your feet.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Or just render to audio and endless new possibilities (to altering the sound) will lay at your feet.
flattening the track will also do this - so in live it's a quuick route to rendering without having to possibly play through a whole track. I'd suggest freezing the midi track you need to, the duplicate and flatten the duplicate. unfreeze the original and disable the vsts and so on on that track until you either A) know you'll never need that track again at all and delete it or B) need to alter something in the line at some point in which case you can just repeat the above process to save cpu still.
sounds long winded but only takes a minute in total really
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390098
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,765 Posts

^Sidenote: Yeah - rendering/flattening/export/bounce. Same thing, different names. That's what I meant. You described the process which I now take for granted that most people know about.

Advertisements

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote