Laptop to Kaoss to Amp
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Makeshift
Radial Developer
Makeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MC
MC Status: 1536618
Laptop to Kaoss pad to Amp

I'm having trouble with my Live set up. Currently im trying to run the output of my laptop to the input of my kaoss pad, and then my kaoss pad to an amp. The problem I have when doing this is that the sounds coming from my laptop are very quiet; they are hardly audible. However the samples I play from my kaoss pad sound fine. I tried running my laptop straight through the amp without going through the kaoss pad and everything sounded fine. It is only when I run my laptop through the kaoss pad that I have problems. I tried a few different chords and my results didnt vary. Please Help

Advertisements

------------------
Makeshift is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
MeshNation
MeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MC
Edinburgh
MC Status: 129798497
Re: Laptop to Kaoss to Amp

Which Kaoss Pad version? I only have a KP3. Have you checked the input selector switch? Direct/Send switch, set the input gain? Do you have the same problem if you monitor via the headphone out rather than the phonos?

------------------
MeshNation is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Makeshift
Radial Developer
Makeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MCMakeshift is a savage MC
MC Status: 1536618
Re: Laptop to Kaoss to Amp

A bit of a late response, but thnx for help. It was the input select switch. Im a bit shameful that I overlooked that, but Im just glad I have it working now.

Advertisements

------------------
Makeshift is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote