Feeling stuck? Get inspired!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760
Feeling stuck? Get inspired!

It blows my mind the amount of AWESOME contained in this little 30-min video...

Advertisements

iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Xenon
IDMf Artist
Xenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond repute
Gangster's Paradise
MC Status: 4160
Re: Feeling stuck? Get inspired!

Just watched it. This is really cool. In the first few minutes I thought what's this woman up to but she has a real cool approach to music. I especially liked what she had done at the end with the shapes. That kind of seemed like defeating the whole object of the video, since that again is a systematic method of creating music, but it still is really cool, and as she said in the end, there will always be new boundaries set t be broken.

Who knows, perhaps in the very far future music will just be an atonal combination of ambient sounds and noises and one day someone will "re-discover" things like the Pythagorean and Pentatonic scales and start experimenting with it...

------------------
Just started a new movement. I call it Xenon-phobia...
Xenon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8559980
Thanked 7,381 Times in 5,218 Posts

Subscribing for later

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390098
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,765 Posts

12 tone technique will not stick for long. At least it didn't for me. I wrote a few pieces when studying music in school back in the days. Interesting, but..meh. Sure, it expands your "views" and will open a few new doors creatively.

Take some drugs and stick to creating with (Schönberg) 12-tone-technique. It will be fun but it will suck, western-listener-stylee.

edit: I like most girls with ADD/ADHD. My gf has it. The youtube girl, I suspect, has it too.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
I like most girls with ADD/ADHD. My gf has it. The youtube girl, I suspect, has it too.
Indeed. It wasn't so much the subject matter (12-tone is cool and all, but I was familiar with its basics before) that blew me away, but the way she presented it. The whole package: the singing, and playing, and drawing, and word-play, and jabs at ridiculousness of copyright law, cheerfully thrown nuggets of heaviness ("it’s like solving a puzzle rather than dealing with the overwhelming possibilities of infinite space while crippled by the responsibility of free choice"), all the geekiness, video-editing. All of it adds up to this incredible sense of playfulness. The world is just a giant playground and we should explore and get lost in it.
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
EternalSunset
Master of the LFO
EternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3791

Very interesting video
this girl is very talented
EternalSunset is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262786029
Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,770 Posts

Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69460
Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,031 Posts

interesting to say the least, \\
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390098
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbound View Post
Indeed. It wasn't so much the subject matter (12-tone is cool and all, but I was familiar with its basics before) that blew me away, but the way she presented it. The whole package: the singing, and playing, and drawing, and word-play, and jabs at ridiculousness of copyright law, cheerfully thrown nuggets of heaviness ("it’s like solving a puzzle rather than dealing with the overwhelming possibilities of infinite space while crippled by the responsibility of free choice"), all the geekiness, video-editing. All of it adds up to this incredible sense of playfulness. The world is just a giant playground and we should explore and get lost in it.
Totally. Very talented. Must have been a lot of work, but it seems like fun work. I like the brain of this girl.

Advertisements

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote