(Electronica) Atum - Beherit Party
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 21710
(Electronica) Atum - Beherit Party

So I thought this song was cool and unique when I made it. I still like it, but I am noticing it does not do as well as other songs I have. I'd like some feed back on what you think can be improved. Something constructive.

Advertisements

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - (Electronica) Atum - Beherit Party.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:10 AM   #2
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 22310
Re: (Electronica) Atum - Beherit Party

If there is anything wrong here (and I don't take it as a given that there is, I don't know enough about electronica or your music or your fanbase to make that judgment), it's that the song feels like it ends in the same place as it starts. That texture towards the outside of the soundstage is lovely, but it doesn't really change, and changing that, combined with what your drums are doing in the center, could make the track more of a journey.

If the track's not doing well, it could be other things. Do you know where your plays come from? Could it be that your promotional channels aren't working or that your followers aren't seeing it in their feeds because of some change in algorithm? That stuff changes all the time, I was getting 120 plays a month this time a year ago, now I'm lucky to see a quarter of that. Turns out most of my plays come from being involved in projects here on IDMf like the beat battles or using the LB, but I haven't been doing as much of that so that I could focus on working on an EP.

But again, that's not a given for you, I don't know where your plays are coming from or what you're used to getting on a song.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 1-19-18.

https://www.facebook.com/JP4onthefloor/
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
If there is anything wrong here (and I don't take it as a given that there is, I don't know enough about electronica or your music or your fanbase to make that judgment), it's that the song feels like it ends in the same place as it starts. That texture towards the outside of the soundstage is lovely, but it doesn't really change, and changing that, combined with what your drums are doing in the center, could make the track more of a journey.

If the track's not doing well, it could be other things. Do you know where your plays come from? Could it be that your promotional channels aren't working or that your followers aren't seeing it in their feeds because of some change in algorithm? That stuff changes all the time, I was getting 120 plays a month this time a year ago, now I'm lucky to see a quarter of that. Turns out most of my plays come from being involved in projects here on IDMf like the beat battles or using the LB, but I haven't been doing as much of that so that I could focus on working on an EP.

But again, that's not a given for you, I don't know where your plays are coming from or what you're used to getting on a song.
Thanks! I am not that well promoted, but I am on sound cloud, google play, and spotify. I am currently trying to be well promoted, and I've started on instagram. That has a lot to do with it, but I just notice this song is usually not as well played as others. I am being nit picky I guess as I have received over all good praise on it but I am looking to just increase and do better and better on things. Maybe this is a case of poor promotion. my way of doing so is just paying for an ad on instagram or facebook, but those have never really payed off very well.

------------------
Old 13-01-2018, 01:30 AM   #4
JKillz
Minor Glitch
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60

Cool track, really has a lot of unique soundscapes going on for the listener to create their own story while listening to it.

Can't answer the issue with it doing well or otherwise, but first impression was the beginning took maybe a little longer to get the track moving, but I don't know if that matters in this case or not, just a thought.

Thanks for sharing
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #5
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKillz View Post
Cool track, really has a lot of unique soundscapes going on for the listener to create their own story while listening to it.

Can't answer the issue with it doing well or otherwise, but first impression was the beginning took maybe a little longer to get the track moving, but I don't know if that matters in this case or not, just a thought.

Thanks for sharing
Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------