[Tech House] Tom Webster - He's Pissed
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-12-2017, 04:32 AM   #1
Tom Webster
Knob Twiddler
Tom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MC
Newcastle Upon Tyne
MC Status: 126433
[Tech House] Tom Webster - He's Pissed

New one from hope you enjoy

Advertisements

------------------
Tom Webster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Tech House] Tom Webster - He's Pissed.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
ATvrB
Granular Poster
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10
Re: [Tech House] Tom Webster - He's Pissed

Hey Tom!

Really nice panning and stereo width on this one.

However, I'm not a big fan of how the bass sounds (it sounds quite basic and has little sub frequencies) - I would definitely work more on this bass or simply replace it with a Sine Wave Sub for Example. However, I dig how the bass enters with only 1 note and how it gets more notes when the hats come in.

Also, the track is distorting a fair amount (very noticeable at 1:20 and 3:40). This melody is very soothing, I like it.

Keep it up!

------------------
ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
Tom Webster
Knob Twiddler
Tom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MC
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATvrB View Post
Hey Tom!

Really nice panning and stereo width on this one.

However, I'm not a big fan of how the bass sounds (it sounds quite basic and has little sub frequencies) - I would definitely work more on this bass or simply replace it with a Sine Wave Sub for Example. However, I dig how the bass enters with only 1 note and how it gets more notes when the hats come in.

Also, the track is distorting a fair amount (very noticeable at 1:20 and 3:40). This melody is very soothing, I like it.

Keep it up!

Cheers man I'll look into the distorting think it may just on be on the main synth around the times you mentioned. Feed back always appriciated

------------------
Old 12-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #4
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Cool track bro! I agree with ATvrB about he bass. The kick also seems a bit muddy. An EQ cut around 250Hz should do the trick.

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:01 AM   #5
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

lol, love the sample you used in the breakdown!

Sounds like a good melody after the drop too.

The biggest challenge as mentioned before is the bass, but that might be a quick fix and could really take this track to the next level.

Thanks for sharing
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:40 AM   #6
Tom Webster
Knob Twiddler
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKillz View Post
lol, love the sample you used in the breakdown!

Sounds like a good melody after the drop too.

The biggest challenge as mentioned before is the bass, but that might be a quick fix and could really take this track to the next level.

Thanks for sharing
What is it about the bass ? The bass sound or bass rythem ? Thanks for the comments though really appreiciated. The reason the main melody sounds so groovy however is it is sevearly side chaining off the bass midi rather than the standard way off the kick.

Cheers people

Tom

Advertisements

------------------