Anyone got break samples?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 21-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town
MC Status: 360
Anyone got break samples?

Hey guys,

Hopefully this is the right section to post this..
Not sure if what I'm saying makes sense, but does anyone know where I can find a library of breaks i.e. for drops?
I have some synth ones but dam, I'm struggling to find a variety of options I can choose from, mostly drums.

One of my biggest struggles is creating breaks in Drops. Would be nice to find something that can trigger an idea to help me create and make my own. Even if theres any advice, I would really appreciate it.

I have a ton of stuff I can share as a trade exchange

T

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8549380
Thanked 7,169 Times in 5,085 Posts
Re: Anyone got break samples?

Are you looking for live breakbeats or do you mean drum fills? Maybe a couple examples of what you are trying to accomplish? As far as inspiration why not listen to songs that use drums in the drop and go from there?

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8510

Yeah, I dunno if you wants fills or breaks.

------------------
Try a lowpassed square wave, moron.

Also, buy my God damn music, please.
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 02:32 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 44710

People are sharing massive packs on reddit all the time. Just google it

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 02:45 AM   #5
TheStumps
Sample Destroyer
TheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond repute
Alaska
MC Status: 7610

I don't want to sound like douchebag, so just ignore me if you want....but....

Make them yourself.
Nothing's better than writing your own, and it's a lot easier than most people think (and around here, there's a wealth of knowledge to tap for learning! ).

------------------
You, or anyone else, are free to do anything with the music that I make. I consider all of my productions to be public domain. If someone asks, I will give them the source files and any related sample files if they are needed. Music is a dialogue, not a speech. Any listener must be free to become the speaker at any time for the life of the dialogue to be retained. Let us, then, discuss in tone.
TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TheStumps
relic (22-11-2017)
Old 22-11-2017, 03:32 AM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8549380
Thanked 7,169 Times in 5,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStumps View Post

Make them yourself.
Nothing's better than writing your own, and it's a lot easier than most people think (and around here, there's a wealth of knowledge to tap for learning! ).
Really. This.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
TheStumps (22-11-2017)
Old 22-11-2017, 08:27 PM   #7
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStumps View Post

Make them yourself.
Hahaha Its more having the ideas at your finger tips, giving me the ideas if that makes sense. Quick access instead of sniffing through songs. I almost always make my own but It just nice having something to speed up the work flow

------------------
Old 22-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #8
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
Cape Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
People are sharing massive packs on reddit all the time. Just google it
Thanks man. I actually haven't tried reddit.

------------------
Old 22-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #9
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
Cape Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar Joe View Post
Yeah, I dunno if you wants fills or breaks.
Sorry I should of been clearer. I'm looking for breaks

------------------
Old 22-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #10
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
Cape Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Are you looking for live breakbeats or do you mean drum fills? Maybe a couple examples of what you are trying to accomplish? As far as inspiration why not listen to songs that use drums in the drop and go from there?
I listen to a ton of songs. Its just nice having some instant ideas at your fingertips to speed up the workflow.

------------------
Old 22-11-2017, 08:38 PM   #11
TheStumps
Sample Destroyer
TheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond repute
Alaska
MC Status: 7610

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
Hahaha Its more having the ideas at your finger tips, giving me the ideas if that makes sense. Quick access instead of sniffing through songs. I almost always make my own but It just nice having something to speed up the work flow
I can understand and sympathize with that.

Now I'm going to be an ass and challenge you to stop doing that.
Instead of listening to breaks, or any drum beat, of sample packs, listen to the music you wrote and try to hear what the beat is that it already has inside of it.

When James Brown's group created the break beats in transitional moments in their songs, that one day would become the backbone of dance and rap music genres, they didn't listen to other samples. There weren't any.

They just listened to the vibe, the soul, the emotion, etc... of the song and created a break beat that fit the desired effect.

Cheers!
TheStumps

------------------
You, or anyone else, are free to do anything with the music that I make. I consider all of my productions to be public domain. If someone asks, I will give them the source files and any related sample files if they are needed. Music is a dialogue, not a speech. Any listener must be free to become the speaker at any time for the life of the dialogue to be retained. Let us, then, discuss in tone.
TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #12
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20160

Quote:
I listen to a ton of songs. Its just nice having some instant ideas at your fingertips to speed up the workflow.
use the search function i posted literally 3 gigs worth a while back.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
tristcarmichael (22-11-2017)
Old 22-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #13
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
Cape Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
use the srch funcyion theres a fuck ton on here ivbe posted literally 3 gigs worth a while back
Thanks man. I'll do that now

------------------
Old 23-11-2017, 05:22 AM   #14
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 44710

Quote:
Thanks man. I actually haven't tried reddit.
I should mention that searching reddit itself is shit, but you can do the "site:reddit.com" thing in google and you'll probably find a google drive of whatever you're looking for.

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote