[Electronica/IDM] Soarer - Infinite Display
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 07-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
Xinus
Granular Poster
Xinus has a spectacular aura aboutXinus has a spectacular aura about
Copenhagen
MC Status: 160
[Electronica/IDM] Soarer - Infinite Display

Honored IDM people! Here's a track I've made and I'd like to know what you think. It is melodious Electronica/IDM and all drums and glitches are made from processed field recordings.

Hope you like it!

Advertisements

Xinus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronica/IDM] Soarer - Infinite Display.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6610
Re: [Electronica/IDM] Soarer - Infinite Display

Very nice and dreamy track you got going on here

The only thing I noticed is that there is a lot going on in the mid frequency area. I hear it as a little too
massive.
The "piano" could easily in my opinion loose some of the mid range with some gentle EQ cutting.

But all said and done: A great track with lots of good vibes

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
UpSides
Granular Poster
UpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to beholdUpSides is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810

Very enjoyable track just as it is. One critique I could make (which was probably by design due to the dreamy feel) is that I don't get much of a sense of transition between the different parts of the song, or at least the transitions were seamless which causes you to not notice the distinctions between the different parts of the song.

Also, on these computer speakers (undoubtedly boosted in the mids) the mid frequencies were maybe just a bit too much.
UpSides is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
PPLo
Analog Lurker
PPLo has a spectacular aura aboutPPLo has a spectacular aura aboutPPLo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Nice and sweet track.
I like the mood of the song.
Good choice of sounds.

Good work!

------------------
Soundcloud - Facebook
PPLo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:46 PM   #5
Xinus
Granular Poster
Copenhagen

Thanks so much guys for taking the time to give feedback! It's appreciated.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
I'll be looking into that and see what I can do. The Wurli is pretty hard to tame. It has many resonant frequencies and not much high end. It's a bit too hard sounding i guess.

I just gave it a try and even on the master I think it helps to lower those mid frequencies but I should probably go into the tracks and correct a bit there.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
You're right. I haven't done much experimentation with transitions so I think I'll practice those more in the future. For now I think it's ok that they are a bit sudden. I need to move on

I'll write here when I have corrected it.

Thanks for the kind words and helpful feedback!
Old 12-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #6
synkrotron
Analog Lurker
synkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant future
Warrington
MC Status: 1560

Hi Xinus,

That was quite a pleasant listen...

As usual, I am listening on my Sennheiser earbuds so it's not fair for me to comment on the finer points of mixing. I'm not picking up on the points made above regarding mids, but that is going to be down to my own lack of skills more than anything else.

Nice well balanced piece and it certainly get a thumbs up from me

cheers

andy

------------------
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | Sonar Platinum | Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
synkrotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #7
Xinus
Granular Poster
Copenhagen

Thanks a lot synkroton, I'm happy to hear that and thanks for the repost!

I have found 4 frequencies in the lo mid/mid area on the master that needed some EQing and the track is more pleasant to listen to when these are corrected. Haven't uploaded yet though.
Actually it was funny that right when I saw sbj's reply I knew he was right.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #8
synkrotron
Analog Lurker
synkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant future
Warrington

I will keep an eye out for the updated version

------------------
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | Sonar Platinum | Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
Old 12-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #9
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
foilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura about
Zg
MC Status: 210

Woild love to hear it more glitched, artificial if you know what i am talking about.
foilmusiq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #10
kennytynan
Minor Glitch
kennytynan will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Could not fault that track. Took me a few runs of the loop to realize it was in 4/4. Sounds like its not.

Track flows beautifully. Great job.
kennytynan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #11
Xinus
Granular Poster
Copenhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilmusiq View Post
Woild love to hear it more glitched, artificial if you know what i am talking about.
Do you mean transformer-like glitches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytynan View Post
Could not fault that track. Took me a few runs of the loop to realize it was in 4/4. Sounds like its not.

Track flows beautifully. Great job.

Great to hear that.
Do you think it should be more clear that it is in 4/4 in the beginning? I was thinking about that sometimes.
It fades in but from the very beginning so probably that's why.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #12
Xinus
Granular Poster
Copenhagen

So I've uploaded a new master where I have lowered some of the low mid and mid frequencies with my dynamic EQ. Along with that I got more high mid so I cut a little bit there as well.
Hopefully I got it right but please let me know if there's an unbalance or problem with the mix now.
Old 13-10-2016, 12:59 AM   #13
sbj
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinus View Post
So I've uploaded a new master where I have lowered some of the low mid and mid frequencies with my dynamic EQ. Along with that I got more high mid so I cut a little bit there as well.
Hopefully I got it right but please let me know if there's an unbalance or problem with the mix now.
Good work with the new version

------------------
Old 13-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #14
Xinus
Granular Poster
Copenhagen

Thanks man and good to hear that!
Old 14-10-2016, 05:51 AM   #15
synkrotron
Analog Lurker
Warrington

Listening to the latest version Xinus. Sounds good... Really nice this and I think you've done a good job with the final mix.

I unposted the track on SoundCloud so that I could repost it again. I don't have a massive following but I think this piece deserves all the attention it can get

cheers

andy

------------------
Old 14-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #16
Xinus
Granular Poster
Copenhagen

That's really kind of you, thanks man!
I'll be happy to listen to your tracks too so just ask if I don't see it. However I will be hanging out here a lot more after all this pro feedback I got.

Best
Old 14-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #17
synkrotron
Analog Lurker
Warrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinus View Post
That's really kind of you, thanks man!
I'll be happy to listen to your tracks too so just ask if I don't see it. However I will be hanging out here a lot more after all this pro feedback I got.

Best
You're welcome, and thanks (my ambient guitar track is about half a dozen posts down from yours )

cheers

andy

------------------
Old 22-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #18
Xinus
Granular Poster
Copenhagen

I have made some fine changes to this track and added a number of electronic elements. The tempo has been increased and the mix is more clean now.
Definitely worth a listen again

------------------
Old 22-04-2017, 07:19 PM   #19
sbj
Copenhagen

Congrats with the new version

Sounds great

------------------
Old 23-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #20
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237806

Super sweet flow
The bright stream of pads maybe could have some more "ebb and flow" instead of being dominant most of the time. But it's still a great chill IDM tune.

Advertisements

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote