Digital Mytikz
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Digital Mytikz

Never used to be a fan of dubstep - never really liked the production or the synths/samples they used but I've recently been going through all the old DMZ tunes, Loefah, Mala, Coki etc and it's like I'm hearing something I never noticed before. I think when you listen to it, it's more about feeling the vibes the tune radiates rather than listening to each individual element of the track. You have to take it all as a whole. Sounds quite 'airy fairy'/pretentious but do you know what I mean?

Advertisements

------------------
pBrane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to pBrane
relic (01-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
djdonnyuk
Minor Glitch
djdonnyuk is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Digital Mytikz

this is what dubstep used to be!!!! old skool
djdonnyuk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
djdonnyuk
Minor Glitch
djdonnyuk is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

DMZ events still go on, if you hear of one make sure you check em out!
djdonnyuk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
kingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MC
London/South Coast
MC Status: 3901373

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdonnyuk View Post
this is what dubstep used to be!!!! old skool

This is what Dubstep still is. There's more than enough producers still making stuff like this, the Brostep shit is over and done with, the swaggots have moved onto Trap.
kingldub is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to kingldub
relic (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8553130
Thanked 7,244 Times in 5,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingldub View Post
This is what Dubstep still is. There's more than enough producers still making stuff like this, the Brostep shit is over and done with, the swaggots have moved onto Trap.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
kingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MCkingldub is a savage MC
London/South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I mean just recently I've seen a lot of artists saying "140's dead" which is good, whenever something is branded as dead it basically translates to the bandwagon jumpers jumping on the next one.

------------------
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8553130
Thanked 7,244 Times in 5,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingldub View Post
I mean just recently I've seen a lot of artists saying "140's dead" which is good, whenever something is branded as dead it basically translates to the bandwagon jumpers jumping on the next one.
It's funny, right before those articles started popping up I started producing anything but 140 bass music...dropped bass music entirely. Still love listening to it. Just don't find it interesting in the studio any more.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Yeh, I definitely think now is a good time to start producing more roots dubstep. The scene could easily catch on again when the whole house obsession has died down!

Some of the founding fathers are still killing it though. Mala In Cuba is one of the sickest records I've heard in a long time

------------------
pBrane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
arm23
Soundwave Mangler
arm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

I still stick to the roots and try to put in my work
arm23 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
kingldub
Eternal Echoer
London/South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pBrane View Post
Yeh, I definitely think now is a good time to start producing more roots dubstep. The scene could easily catch on again when the whole house obsession has died down!

Some of the founding fathers are still killing it though. Mala In Cuba is one of the sickest records I've heard in a long time

Check Tempa, Osiris, System Sound, Deep Medi etc

------------------
Old 21-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
relkabeats
Regular Freak
relkabeats will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

DMZ, the pioneers... stuff like Horror Show and Stand Against War and Mood Dub is where its at

Advertisements

relkabeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote