[Electro][BEATPORT REMIX SUBMISSION] Sander Van Doorn - Chasin' (Banstyle Remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
banstyle
Analog Lurker
banstyle will become famous soon enough
Austin, TX, USA
MC Status: 60
[Electro][BEATPORT REMIX SUBMISSION] Sander Van Doorn - Chasin' (Banstyle Remix)

Hi all!

Here's my submission for the Sander Van Doorn - Chasin' remix contest on Beatport. I didn't want to put it on SoundCloud (not sure if it's against the rules) so sorry to make you click through to Beatport. Also I am totally not asking for votes or anything (I think the voting system there is pretty flawed but that's a whole other discussion...). So far, I only got opinions from friends and family, so I genuinely wanted to see what a community of fellow producers thought of it!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I labeled it as electro house, it's inspired a bit from Madeon's "glitchy" style and has my own melodic/piano touch to it. Any criticism will help me get better for next time Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

------------------
banstyle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to banstyle
EricXL (09-07-2012)
Rate this track - [Electro][BEATPORT REMIX SUBMISSION] Sander Van Doorn - Chasin' (Banstyle Remix).
Old 07-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
RemixBrothers
Learning The Ropes
RemixBrothers is currently spamming hard
Ontario
MC Status: 10
Re: [Electro][BEATPORT REMIX SUBMISSION] Sander Van Doorn - Chasin' (Banstyle Remix)

That piano!! It's amazing how much acoustic instruments add such a whole new level to any production. The intro was very good, good elements of house, but I could tell you had your spark in there (even though I've only heard you once!).

I'm typing this as I listen, so sorry for any randomness.

That build-up is excellent. Great way of breaking down what you've already made, and exploring it even more. That bass... oh god. It gives it that extra *umpf*! And the drop! So cool! Very fitting, yet so unique from the original. Excellent job of adding different elements to keep the song fresh.

Man. 3:20:00. Such a perfect time to really let your shit shine, and boy did you do that well. This is an EXCELLENT club banger. Amazing remix!

I know I'm new to this forum; my productions may not be the greatest, but I know my taste in music is a good way. Awesome job, sir. Well done.
RemixBrothers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
banstyle
Analog Lurker
Austin, TX, USA
Re: [Electro][BEATPORT REMIX SUBMISSION] Sander Van Doorn - Chasin' (Banstyle Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemixBrothers View Post
That piano!! It's amazing how much acoustic instruments add such a whole new level to any production. The intro was very good, good elements of house, but I could tell you had your spark in there (even though I've only heard you once!).

I'm typing this as I listen, so sorry for any randomness.

That build-up is excellent. Great way of breaking down what you've already made, and exploring it even more. That bass... oh god. It gives it that extra *umpf*! And the drop! So cool! Very fitting, yet so unique from the original. Excellent job of adding different elements to keep the song fresh.

Man. 3:20:00. Such a perfect time to really let your shit shine, and boy did you do that well. This is an EXCELLENT club banger. Amazing remix!

I know I'm new to this forum; my productions may not be the greatest, but I know my taste in music is a good way. Awesome job, sir. Well done.
Thank you so much for leaving feedback! Glad you like the piano element, I've played piano as far back as I can remember so it's always nice when I can work it in and make it sound ok.

Thanks for all the kind comments, glad you enjoyed the track

------------------
Old 09-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
benjaminbutty
Granular Poster
benjaminbutty is currently spamming hard
Preston

I really loved it! It stayed true to the original, keeping the energy, and you put your mark on it, a great remix. I love the way you incorporated the lead from the original so well too. All in all a job well done!
benjaminbutty is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
KvR
Learning The Ropes
KvR is currently spamming hard
Hilvarenbeek

Really cool remix man
love the drive
KvR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
franksij
Sample Destroyer
franksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MCfranksij is a savage MC
MC Status: 2078053

I agree with benjaminbutty you kept it on the same page as the original with the overall sound and I think that was a good choice because I would almost bet everyone who'd be remixing this song for the competition would take the stereotypical approach of a huge build up with a generic electro drop. The fact that you kept it nice and melodic and light will make this one shine above the others.

I'm basing my opinions off of how I think the judges will view this piece - technically everything is spot on of course so I won't bother mentioning that haha

I hope you win or place in the top tier!

------------------
franksij is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
banstyle
Analog Lurker
Austin, TX, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksij View Post
I agree with benjaminbutty you kept it on the same page as the original with the overall sound and I think that was a good choice because I would almost bet everyone who'd be remixing this song for the competition would take the stereotypical approach of a huge build up with a generic electro drop. The fact that you kept it nice and melodic and light will make this one shine above the others.

I'm basing my opinions off of how I think the judges will view this piece - technically everything is spot on of course so I won't bother mentioning that haha

I hope you win or place in the top tier!
Wow you are awesome for saying that, you guys are all making my day

Funny you mention that about the huge build up --> electro drop, I noticed so many of the other remixes did indeed go that direction! Not to take anything away from them however, so many well-produced entries out there. I wanted to put my own melodic spin on it by incorporating the piano, and gave it some glitchy elements in the drops (hinting at electro but not full on).

All I can really hope for is my entry gets heard, I hope people enjoy it! It's tough with Beatport contests, the few entries lucky enough to accumulate the first plays/votes tend to be the ones people listen to, so they get even more plays/votes and stay at the top :/

Thank you guys for putting up with me not embedding a SoundCloud link, I don't know if there are any rules against that sort of thing so I didn't want to chance it.

------------------
Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
EricXL
Granular Poster
EricXL is currently spamming hard
Cocoa, FL

I was going to remix this one but Im pretty sure the deadline was too close and I am still thining of remixing anyways. Great track.

I think this is a bit of a different sound for you considering what I have heard on your soundcloud page. But with change comes AWESOMENESS!

Im not gonna sit here and tear it apart piece by piece and tell you that it's hot and your dope. Because I think you know that. I'm just gonna smoke one to it and feel it hit me right in the chest. NICE WORK.

------------------
Please check my latest tracks out on soundcloud
EricXL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Your track (Duh)
Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
tehbosh
Soundwave Mangler
tehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MC
MC Status: 14196

I really like the feel to this one! It's epic, heavy, dare I say a tad dark? I might just be talking about the EQ. But seriously sonically pleasing.

------------------
tehbosh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
banstyle
Analog Lurker
Austin, TX, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbosh View Post
I really like the feel to this one! It's epic, heavy, dare I say a tad dark? I might just be talking about the EQ. But seriously sonically pleasing.
I never actually thought of it as a bit dark, that's really interesting feedback! Thanks for listening and for the compliments, you rock

------------------
Old 11-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
EricXL
Granular Poster
EricXL is currently spamming hard
Cocoa, FL

No it's not dark, It's got t ahole lot of energy, just listened to it again. You got a vote from me.

Advertisements

------------------
Please check my latest tracks out on soundcloud
EricXL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote