[Metal] Agent Slimepunk - Obtemperate
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-02-2018, 03:13 AM   #1
Vault O)))
Dumb jerk
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 47660
[Metal] Agent Slimepunk - Obtemperate

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I accidentally nuked a whole bunch of samples during a format, so I'm stuck with freeware dramz for the time being. Challenge accepted

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Metal] Agent Slimepunk - Obtemperate.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504
Re: [Metal] Agent Slimepunk - Obtemperate

Listened to this all the way through as I do enjoy sum good metal!

For using " freeware dramz" this is came out rather well, if I may so!

Was really hoping for a melodic interlude with the guitar part switching to some sort of metallica'ish ballad, but the drive worked too!

Thanks so much for sharing!
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 01:58 AM   #3
JKillz
Analog Lurker
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60

Wow, this is jamming stuff here!

Totally loved it, everything sounded proper and right, even if you are using different drums than you intended. Great job on this, kept me going the whole time and brought me back to my metal drumming days!
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 02:37 AM   #4
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 30510

Nice one,
What are you using in terms of guitars/amps?
It sounds very old-In Flames-ey
Thatís a compliment btw, donít know how anyone still feels about them but I loved me some In Flames. That went way off topic.
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
LDKitz
Analog Lurker
LDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Not bad at all.
The intro is a punch in the face , instant headbanging and the song in general is good , but .. as someone said before me , it is missing an interlude , something to switch it up.
I mean .. riffing in drop C ( i believe u are using that one ) is fkin great but using the same key for the entire song makes it boring.
Anyway thats my advice...

Peace.

------------------
LDKitz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 06:27 AM   #6
Vault O)))
Dumb jerk
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Nice one,
What are you using in terms of guitars/amps?
It sounds very old-In Flames-ey
Thatís a compliment btw, donít know how anyone still feels about them but I loved me some In Flames. That went way off topic.
Not joking at all, but I started this project a year or two ago in order to blatantly rip off Jester Race / Whoracle / Clayman / Colony type tracks on a tight budget and a lot less talent. I had a really unhealthy obsession with them as a teen, so that's awesome that it shows and you picked up on it!

It's all in-the-box. Guitar rig and MT Power Drumkit are all that I used, and everything is going direct. I don't even know what guitar / bass I'm using, just some cheapo Ibanez and a no-name bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDKitz View Post
Not bad at all.
The intro is a punch in the face , instant headbanging and the song in general is good , but .. as someone said before me , it is missing an interlude , something to switch it up.
I mean .. riffing in drop C ( i believe u are using that one ) is fkin great but using the same key for the entire song makes it boring.
Anyway thats my advice...

Peace.
Good ear, it is drop C! I don't really know how to play guitar outside of bullshitting in drop D or C (and I have zero knowledge of theory whatsoever), so I'm unfortunately doomed to this BS forever. I also can't solo, so maybe the small licks will be my stupid signature

------------------
Old 15-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #7
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 121160
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,412 Posts

I've probably said this to you ten times before but you seem to never listen...

your ideas are underdeveloped. It seems you ignore any criticism too. Don't blame your gear and skills and just listen to me for a bit. You can do great, but only if you put much more time into it. This is your talent but your approach to it is a curse, imo. You can come up with cool ideas really quick, you record them but then leave them as demos forever. Then you nuke your pc and start it all over again... Such a waste here. Why not collecting ideas instead? I've heard bands that are so much worse and you're, like, one guy that has so more potential but you seem to don't care about it that much and keep repeating same mistakes. It's not about production, you obviously got much better but it's about that attitude you're still keeping from early days since we became best internet friends. Sorry if this sounds too harsh, I only wish you the best and you know that.

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #8
pkreegi
Radial Developer
pkreegi is a jewel in the roughpkreegi is a jewel in the roughpkreegi is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post

your ideas are underdeveloped. It seems you ignore any criticism too.
The alfa has said his word
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #9
Vault O)))
Dumb jerk
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post

your ideas are underdeveloped. It seems you ignore any criticism too. Don't blame your gear and skills and just listen to me for a bit. You can do great, but only if you put much more time into it. This is your talent but your approach to it is a curse, imo. You can come up with cool ideas really quick, you record them but then leave them as demos forever. Then you nuke your pc and start it all over again... Such a waste here. Why not collecting ideas instead? I've heard bands that are so much worse and you're, like, one guy that has so more potential but you seem to don't care about it that much and keep repeating same mistakes. It's not about production, you obviously got much better but it's about that attitude you're still keeping from early days since we became best internet friends. Sorry if this sounds too harsh, I only wish you the best and you know that.
I think the sad part is that my fullest potential really is just a mediocre, undeveloped demo. I basically have to stop working on a set of songs once I run out of CPU power, and that's usually at the 5-track mark (my PC is basically like one of those shitty tascam tape recorders).

It also seems like the longer I focus on something, the worse it gets. Maybe I'm approaching 100% of it all wrong, or in-the-box metal created by one idiot will never sound like a good band who can routinely perform their songs without forgetting what they wrote and recorded in 5 minutes.

You're right, and there's like 50 layers to my ass backward, retarded approach. I should probably take some time to actually learn guitar for a few years, then songwriting, then maybe theory. There's a reason why this is all a horrible mess

------------------
Old 17-02-2018, 03:30 PM   #10
T.I.L.I.D.I.N.
IDMf's latest spammer
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is currently spamming hard
Berlin, Germany
MC Status: 10

Yes. Metal stuff

For freeware drums this is awesome (snare base sound is top), but I am really missing a singer on it.

Additionally:
- Guitars can be just a bit more polished (cleaning in 4-5 kHz region and more air in high region)
- Cymbal at 1:34 is causing earache ... there is something in the high region which must be fixed
- Kick Drum needs more body (sounds a bit too thin to my ears, Kick is nice)
- all Drums (esp. Snare, Toms) need some more "good" reverb
- I would lower the cymbals just a little bit to give more space to Kick, Snare, Toms

but overall this is really good for a demo and mixing is also always depending on taste.

Regards, T.I.L.I.D.I.N.

Advertisements

T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote