[Downtempo, Psychedelic, Glitch] Kaiuna - Gestaltzerfall
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387
Icon2 [Downtempo, Psychedelic, Glitch] Kaiuna - Gestaltzerfall

Hey folks,

Here's a newish one that I've been working on. I wanted to get some thoughts on it before finishing up mixing and releasing it. I'm especially interesting in your thoughts on the flow and mixing. Any other suggestions or criticisms are welcome as well

Private SC link
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Downtempo, Psychedelic, Glitch] Kaiuna - Gestaltzerfall.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
PPNDP
Analog Lurker
PPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nice
MC Status: 410
Re: [Downtempo, Psychedelic, Glitch] Kaiuna - Gestaltzerfall

I think the structure is very original. Also, the instruments you are using are very organic in the sound. I like how you merged all those genres together. It is very unique.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:06 PM   #3
Jimmy Spaceman
IDMf's latest spammer
Jimmy Spaceman is currently spamming hard
Sheffield UK
MC Status: 10

Really Cool...loving the flow..am on my third listen...great pitch bending skills!
Jimmy Spaceman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 18360

Very cool! Like it!

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #5
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.

Thanks a lot for the comments folks.

I think I'm going to make the snare a tad more punchy then get into mastering. Thanks again for the kind words!
Old 14-02-2018, 01:53 AM   #6
JKillz
Analog Lurker
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60

Very interesting idea, bonus points on uniqueness, not really sounding like anything I have heard before. And I agree, the snare could use a little love.

Good luck on the master
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #7
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504

Dope granular fun!

My ears quickly want the bells, and a few of the other sound design elements to get cut in that 90-240hz range!

Also where your getting those sort of tape stops, I really want to hear some of the dragged element in the foreground get sort of washed away by eq fades.

This should allow the mixing of the stereo space to sound really full.

1 other question I was wondering was if everything is being gained staged at like -18dbs or what's your current gaining staging per track?

Solid concept, ideal, mix, bit of glitch that scratches my inner itch!

Thanks so much for sharing!
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #8
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmcc View Post
Dope granular fun!

My ears quickly want the bells, and a few of the other sound design elements to get cut in that 90-240hz range!

Also where your getting those sort of tape stops, I really want to hear some of the dragged element in the foreground get sort of washed away by eq fades.

This should allow the mixing of the stereo space to sound really full.

1 other question I was wondering was if everything is being gained staged at like -18dbs or what's your current gaining staging per track?

Solid concept, ideal, mix, bit of glitch that scratches my inner itch!

Thanks so much for sharing!
Hey man, thanks for the tips! I'll take another look at the low end to clean it up. I really like the idea of the eq fades around the tape stops. I think it would really clean it up.

My gain for each track is around -18 give or take. I had a real nasty habit for a while of pushing all my tracks way too hard and then had no headroom for mixing. I might be going a little extreme in the opposite end of the spectrum now but I've been trying to focus on having a decent dynamic range in my tracks lately. We'll see how it translates after the mix/master.

Thanks again for the feedback.

------------------
Old Today, 07:20 AM   #9
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiuna View Post
going a little extreme in the opposite end of the spectrum
Now your just talking dirty!

No but seriously...less = more.

-18dBs on each track, allows mixing to be pushed to close to -9dBs, which will allow a solid space of -3dBs to mix Enhance the entire song, thus leaving you with -6dBs for a mastering stage.

But hat just 1 theory. I'm, sure you could come up with your own formula too. Or hear/read about tons others when it comes to gain staging.

Advertisements

tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote