[Drum&Bass] DTMF - Harlequin Crest
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
lamo
Radial Developer
lamo will become famous soon enoughlamo will become famous soon enough
Odessa
MC Status: 111
[Drum&Bass] DTMF - Harlequin Crest

hey guys, i'm here again. here's my latest work. a bit messy, but i tried to make a friendship with music and drums

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 14-02-2018 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Fixed SC embed

Advertisements

------------------
lamo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Drum&Bass] DTMF - Harlequin Crest.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960
Re: [Drum&Bass] DTMF - Harlequin Crest

I really love the tribal sound of this. Lots of good variation with all the parts. Maybe it could use more longer sections like the break around 4:33, and bring the beat back in more gradually. The melodies are so nice it would be cool to focus on them for a while, filling it out with more pads and bass. You might benefit from studying so Solar Fields songs. Good work!

------------------
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #3
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510

This track deserves more comments . Very well mixed !
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

I was bobbing along to this one, really liked the groove and the vibe you got going on here. There are various elements that fit quite well together, but I am thinking (per your messy comment) you can possibly remove anything you are not 100% on. Less is more and all that I guess.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it!
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #5
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7010

Nice to hear an actual DnB track that is DnB and not something else (happens a lot here).

Has a nice dynamic range and has quite a punchy solid feel to it when the drums come in and is carried by a main focus on melody. There are a couple of niggles in volumes of certain parts but only a couple of places. The first is that distorted synth when the filter is removed, it felt just a tad too loud but only a touch.

Later at 1:30 something about the transition at the start of the next section made it feel as though it jumped out a little too much. I think it might have been down to those first few hat sounds. I think if it were me I'd have possible slightly lowered these and maybe tone the sharpness down a touch as these sort of sounds can jump out anyway. I do like the way you pan them though which actually is another reason it stands out but I think it was a good choice to do that.

It's not the sort of DnB I'd usually play in one of my sets, however it's very well written though from a musical standpoint and I can imagine this being some sort of backing track to a game like Deus Ex in an Asian city. Love the vocal samples you added, they work well. It's a really nice track overall.

------------------
Our newest UK DnB Mix Show hosted by Hush & Multi

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #6
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75628889

Great stuff, lovely vibe. I think I wouldn't mind to have the drums a little more complex/varied but it works as is.

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 PM   #7
lamo
Radial Developer
lamo will become famous soon enoughlamo will become famous soon enough
Odessa
MC Status: 111

hey, guys. thanks for feedback. really appreciate that.
i tried to not to ruin the first version of this track. also i know, that most of classic dnb tracks are lack of musical motions and expressions. i tried to make "stylish" melodic dark drum'n'bass track.
anyway, thanks for feedback. peace

------------------
lamo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:05 AM   #8
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Hi I really like how you merged this flute with the beat - it is a great composition. I really enjoy this track!

Advertisements

PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote