[Chillstep] Kyrpto - Cosmic Ocean
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 07-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
[Chillstep] Kyrpto - Cosmic Ocean

It's been a while since I've posted a track and here's my first attempt at Chillstep.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Any advice to improve the track would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Kyrpto; 07-02-2018 at 05:30 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Chillstep] Kyrpto - Cosmic Ocean.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
Inna Selez
Radial Developer
Inna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460
Re: [Chillstep] Kyrpto - Cosmic Ocean

Successful attempt. The track feels harmonic and easy to listen.
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all

Thanks bro. I actually changed it up a bit and updated the op with the new link.

------------------
Old 08-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #4
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

Sounds good. I have some personal preferences.
I think the opening sounds a bit weak, but as soon as your bouncy lead comes in, you nailed it.
Shortly after, I feel as though the key /organ part has a little too much reverb.
Also the sweeping effect at the drop was much more powerful the first time, the second one seems a bit copy paste for me, goving it a Psymbionic feel. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Like I said, these are stylistic changes I would address if I were the artist. Overall, nice work. It is clean and you successfully painted a sonic picture!
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #5
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatISe View Post
Sounds good. I have some personal preferences.
I think the opening sounds a bit weak, but as soon as your bouncy lead comes in, you nailed it.
Shortly after, I feel as though the key /organ part has a little too much reverb.
Also the sweeping effect at the drop was much more powerful the first time, the second one seems a bit copy paste for me, goving it a Psymbionic feel. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Like I said, these are stylistic changes I would address if I were the artist. Overall, nice work. It is clean and you successfully painted a sonic picture!
Thanks for the feedback! Any advice on how to strengthen the intro? Right now I want to get better at utilizing transitional fx and techniques and just using more fx in my tracks all together.

------------------
Old 09-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
PPNDP
Analog Lurker
PPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nice
MC Status: 410

I think it is very relaxing, beginning reminds me a bit music from TV weather forecast programme in 90's. I like those mellow sounds. Pleasent to listen.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #7
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51238006

Buoyant affair!
I'd still tweak the mixdown: the accompanying instruments are louder than the sweeping main melo synth.

(It has just nothing to do with chillstep, by the way. It's almost 30 bpm faster, and the beats are far too busy and lightweight to be chillstep.)

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #8
leegendmusic
Regular Freak
leegendmusic has a spectacular aura aboutleegendmusic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

it sounds really chill for sure, the sounds gives me a asian instruments vibe, overall really nice and chill to listen to.

Advertisements

leegendmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote