[experimental/post-techno] sm - pathfinder
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 02-02-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 121160
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,412 Posts
[experimental/post-techno] sm - pathfinder

unmixed / unmastered

8 minutes of sound design hell. bunch of ideas merged together into a single piece that makes no sense.

my problem: does it feel like a complete clusterfuck? Thanks.

oh, it's, like, no-grid completely and has an undefined BPM.

Advertisements

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [experimental/post-techno] sm - pathfinder.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15360
Re: [experimental/post-techno] sm - pathfinder

It's cool stuff. Gritty dark ambient, without the emo cthulhu pose. I'd like to develop skills towards that, it might be fucking around for you but I'm miles behind that in terms of sound design.

So yeah, liking it. Sorry if this is not the most constructive feedback. It paints a picture, it feels complete, even if chaotic in nature.

Last edited by Chozo Tull; 02-02-2018 at 11:55 PM..

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:06 AM   #3
JKillz
Analog Lurker
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60

Yea, this is really awesome. I can imagine this being chopped into nice samples and made into a pack. It can be used in various genres. As a track, it has a very dark feel and keeps you interested as you watch the stories your mind conjures up.

Thanks for sharing
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
PPNDP
Analog Lurker
PPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nice
MC Status: 410

Your stuff makes really interesting things to my ears. I especially enjoy (if this word acceptable in describing experimental) the middle part. I find this low 'purr' sound very calming. This 'post-techno' 'beat' is also a good idea - makes brain to go into this trance phase.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:04 PM   #5
pkreegi
Radial Developer
pkreegi is a jewel in the roughpkreegi is a jewel in the roughpkreegi is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

I'd say a track is good if one clicks on the "post reply" button to open on a separate window - for the music to continue.

This is SUCH a pleasure, I absolutely think one of the best tracks out here lately lol. No kidding. I had so many ideas of how to make this into so many songs, its just very inspiring. I rate 8/7. With this track going on the background, i would meditate myself to heaven, hell, graveyards and meed all the people whose souls are currently on Ayahuasca or mushrooms. M.a.s.s.i.v.e!
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:43 AM   #6
6klop
IDMf's latest spammer
6klop is currently spamming hard
Dieppe
MC Status: 10

For a Raw song, it sounds already very well ! And there is an history in the sound, it's not so "clusterfucked" (except if you wanted to do EDM... :p ).
There are clearly parts, they're not too long or too short, everything is going pretty well, but of course, it's abstract ! I like it !

Very interesting, thanks for the sound !
6klop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

I feel as though you made some of the gnarliest synths possible, and layered them on top of each other in a methodical progression of thoughts. The industrial beat that comes in adds so much for me.

I feel as though it is a little scatter brained. The textures are all extremely interesting, but I don't feel as though you were trying to convey a specific message here. I can hear that it is a bunch of ideas merged together.

I agree with a previous comment saying this would be great broken down into a soundpack.
I also believe that there are places in it that are worthy of being their own track. Around 5:30, is a strong example. And the earlier place in which the drum beat comes in.

Great work on the sound design. It sounds like you have many stories to tell! I'm excited to hear what's next.
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #8
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 30510

Great stuff!
Love the sound design, I would like to be a fly on the wall when you make those sounds, so I could copy them lol!
Seriously tho, this stuff works on its own, but could also be some kind of scary soundtrack thing.
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:26 PM   #9
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 121160
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,412 Posts

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatISe View Post
I feel as though you made some of the gnarliest synths possible, and layered them on top of each other in a methodical progression of thoughts. The industrial beat that comes in adds so much for me.

I feel as though it is a little scatter brained. The textures are all extremely interesting, but I don't feel as though you were trying to convey a specific message here. I can hear that it is a bunch of ideas merged together.

I agree with a previous comment saying this would be great broken down into a soundpack.
I also believe that there are places in it that are worthy of being their own track. Around 5:30, is a strong example. And the earlier place in which the drum beat comes in.

Great work on the sound design. It sounds like you have many stories to tell! I'm excited to hear what's next.

All good points. Treat this as a sound design exercise. It’s just bunch of abstractions merged together with no real purpose which gives that lack of direction and has no meaning behind. 5:30 is basically a completely separate project but because key matches it just blended in (but quite obviously is a different track). I still lack of direction which I would like to follow while making new tracks. One of current ideas are to make things sound granular, artificial and futuristic. But there should be something more, obviously. I need something more defining, something that goes for atmosphere, low-end textures that could tie later tracks together. For that reason I could narrow myself to same techniques for each later track and sound source them with same rules applied to have that entire concept going from the beginning. It’s just how I roll and it’s the only way that seem to work to me for completing anything. Now it’s just an early stage and I don’t even know if I like having such dark atmosphere and industrial feel. I sure want to make it heavy af and probably even beatless, though.

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:41 AM   #10
ATvrB
Granular Poster
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10

I would call it 8 minutes of sound design heaven, rather.

To me it doesn't feel like a clusterfuck, I totally see this track being used in a suspense futuristic movie, video game, commercial, etc. I really like how it makes me feel and would absolutely love to hear this on a big sound system to feel this bass on my bones

It tells a story to me and leaves my mind wandering. I find that it has a direction, so I'm curious to hear about what applications you want your project to fulfill, i.e, where, how and when do you see and want your tracks to be played?

Cheers

Last edited by ATvrB; 07-02-2018 at 06:49 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote