[Emo Rap] TRXSHMXN - TOO YOUNG
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-02-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 11210
[Emo Rap] TRXSHMXN - TOO YOUNG

Newest track ive produced for TRXSHMXN, super happy with how this one came out. We wrote and produced the song in one sitting, ideas were flowing super well, he came up with all the vocals while I was working on the beat and it just clicked instantly, super happy with the result.

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Emo Rap] TRXSHMXN - TOO YOUNG.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:55 PM   #2
Inna Selez
Radial Developer
Inna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460
Re: [Emo Rap] TRXSHMXN - TOO YOUNG

Top tune, I should say!
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 121160
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,412 Posts

Emo rap? Times have changed. Instrumental and that kind of vox works surprisingly well here. Production is really good, I love its instrumental that completely destroys majority of soundcloud rappers who somehow gets all the fame. Vox reminds me of those post-hardcore/mallcore bands I can't stand and I guess that's what is emo rap is about. Lyrics, well... Not very relevant here anyway.

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #4
PPNDP
Analog Lurker
PPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nicePPNDP is just really nice
MC Status: 410

Yeah, a quite unusual mix, hip-hop beat and emo/hardcore vocals. And this genre already exist as Wikipedia says! Sounds even better than the guy I have just googled - Lil Peep . The guy has great vocal. The beat is dope too. I think this track has a big potential to be famous
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #5
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island

Thanks so much for all your kind words and feedback!

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 03-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #6
pkreegi
Radial Developer
pkreegi is a jewel in the roughpkreegi is a jewel in the roughpkreegi is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

The panned/wide stereo vocals with this bass is quite unexpected, but absolutely refreshing!
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:00 PM   #7
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

I love it. I'd love to talk to you more about your vocal production techniques. The beat works great, and that vocal sample is awesome. Sounds like a musical saw almost.
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatISe View Post
I love it. I'd love to talk to you more about your vocal production techniques. The beat works great, and that vocal sample is awesome. Sounds like a musical saw almost.
That vocal sample is actually a virtual instrument! I used 8dio Jennifer, its a solo voice library from 8dio that has a beautiful legato performance patch, aswell as polyphonic arc patches, I use it in a lot of different styles and it works perfectly to add texture, and a human element to a track. One of the few voice libraries that sounds convincingly real without a huge amount of automation work.

As far as vocal production techniques, A lot of it starts with using a good studio vocal microphone first and foremost. In this case we were using a Neumann U87 replica (cant remember the brand) but its a very good replica. For the screams, there is a light amount of distortion added, and i have them panned center. The vocals are multitracked. in the first verse, i have the screams/distorted vocals panned center and turned decently low in the mix, with the clean vocals double tracked panned hard left and right, and i have them right up in your face. Im using parallel compression to keep the vocals clear and cutting through the mix, using a good amount of gain on the compressors. The key to a lot of pop vocals is the use of parallel compression, its what gives that in your face sound where you can make out every word and its as if youre right in front of the vocalist singing to you.

For the chorus, I have autotune on the vocals with a pretty strong correction strength, but nothing too crazy. just makes the vocals nice, tight, and clear, especially when the harmony track comes in.

final trick to always getting the leveling right that i learned - at all volumes, you should be able to make out what the vocalist is saying. so turn your speakers down really low, and bring the level of the vocals up until you can clearly make out what theyre saying. this will give you a good basis of how loud the vocals should be, and then adjust them from there. in my experience - a vocal thats slightly too loud is better than a vocal thats too soft. Thinking of it in terms of the average listener - the average listener doesnt know anything about mixing, and the first thing they listen to in a song is typically the vocals/lyrics. so if your vocal is too soft, it automatically makes the song harder to enjoy. the mixing should never get in the way of being able to enjoy the song. always something to be conscious of!

hope some of that was helpful!

ill also note that I use Izotope Nectar 2 as a vocal processing plugin for all the vocals. Its a great tool because it puts all of the tools you need to work on vocals into one plugin. It has EQ, parallel compressors, pitch correction, harmonizer, de-esser, fx, etc. all in one plugin to put in a channel strip, with some great presets to get you started in learning the tricks of mixing vocals. the presets can be used as helpful starting points in getting to the right vocal sound.

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 06-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #9
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

Thanks for the reply. I bought nectar 2 about 3 weeks ago, I love it.

I appreciate the tips. I will do more research on parallel compression.

Thanks again for sharing, good work.

Advertisements

DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote