[Chill] Show Clothes & Gavriella - In My Dreams
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 31-01-2018, 05:12 AM   #1
Scifer
Radial Developer
Scifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MC
MC Status: 934640
[Chill] Show Clothes & Gavriella - In My Dreams

Greetings,

Following is my new track, In My Dreams, in collaboration with the talented singer Gavriella. I would be grateful for your feedback. Thank you very much!

Direct Link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Best,
SC

Advertisements

Scifer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Chill] Show Clothes & Gavriella - In My Dreams.
Old 31-01-2018, 08:17 AM   #2
TOMCOMBI
IDMf's latest spammer
TOMCOMBI is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [Chill] Show Clothes & Gavriella - In My Dreams

he clothes you wear in dreams may represent the side of yourself that you choose to show the world; your outer personality or Persona. Consider the parts of the ... These are some possible word puns and common idioms related to clothes that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. YOU ALWAYS PUBLISH ACCURATE INFORMATION WHICH IS USEFUL FOR ALL.
TOMCOMBI is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #3
Adelina
Soundwave Mangler
Adelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to all
MC Status: 610

Cool track! So relaxing music. The violin part is great here.
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #4
Scifer
Radial Developer
Scifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MCScifer is a savage MC

Thank you!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #5
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

great voice! track definitely achieves that chillout vibe. Very reminiscent of Galimatias. Did you record the vocals yourself?

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:08 AM   #6
Scifer
Radial Developer

Thank you! Yeah I recorded the vocals. Vocal mixing is something I've always struggled with, here I basically just did a little mid/side EQ with some very mild compression and limiting. The more I work with vocals, the more minimalist I feel my mixing becomes.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Great track, so atmospheric! Vocals are definitely the best, the vocalist is very talented.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #8
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

Yess...so big and warm.

The vocals cut out at the end of the phrases too hard sometimes. If your samples are no good for natural breath, I would fake it with some reverb. Or if your samples are clean, I would just extend the end time to include more natural sounding ending of words. I hope this effectively communicates the point I'm trying to make.

Other than that, this is so smooth and atmospheric. The only reason I could notice something so subtle is because how smooth the rest of the track is. Great vocal take too, props to the singer. I will keep my eyes and ears open for y'all.
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #9
Scifer
Radial Developer

Thank you very much! I appreciate the feedback!
Old 07-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #10
FF_Music
Analog Lurker
FF_Music will become famous soon enoughFF_Music will become famous soon enough
Seattle
MC Status: 110

Agree with what others say. This is great track with good structure and dynamics. Overall, I like the mix especially with the synths. However, as much as I like the singer I do find her mix a touch fatiguing at times. To me its slightly peaky (loud) and sits on top of the mix in certain areas. Longer reverb tails, delays or a little more compression I think would help glue the vocals to the mix a bit better. Again, this is just a personal mixing choice. Others may disagree. And for all I know this was the mixing style you were after. If anything else, the snare could use slightly more reverb to sink it a bit. Sounds a little dry. Overall though its a really good track. One of the better I have heard come out of the forum. Nice work.

Advertisements

------------------
FF_Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote