[Minimal] Sin Tricks - World
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175276240
Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,922 Posts
[Minimal] Sin Tricks - World

Might add some really faint acoustic guitar in some of the gaps, maybe something for some low end too but yeah. And I'm gonna make some tiny edits to the composition.

Any thoughts?

Advertisements

deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Minimal] Sin Tricks - World.
Old 13-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #2
huggy
Soundscaper
huggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improve
Leeds
MC Status: -4226654
Re: [Minimal] Sin Tricks - World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7 View Post
Might add some really faint acoustic guitar in some of the gaps, maybe something for some low end too but yeah. And I'm gonna make some tiny edits to the composition.

Any thoughts?

Wow I love that melody at the beginning, it sounds like it's teasing, it doesn't drop to the key Im thinking, it goes off on this crazy tangent which really inspires self reflection...

I can just imagine it dropping but actually that might spoil it

The end bit sounds like a birth or the beginning of something, like a fresh, perspective devoid of preconceptions.

haha I really like this
huggy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
huggy
Soundscaper
huggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improve
Leeds

this is really awesome and inspires me to try create music which puts people in a more natural state of mind.

Yes this song actually brings you into the now. This is quite profound.. I would love to IM some time and share some ideas
Old 13-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #4
huggy
Soundscaper
Leeds

In fact have you heard of Alan Watts?

You might try create a video similar to this, I've actually been playing around with the idea... If you could bottle the message of what the guy says and use the music to bring people out of past and future and into the now.

Old 13-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy View Post
Wow I love that melody at the beginning, it sounds like it's teasing, it doesn't drop to the key Im thinking, it goes off on this crazy tangent which really inspires self reflection...

I can just imagine it dropping but actually that might spoil it

The end bit sounds like a birth or the beginning of something, like a fresh, perspective devoid of preconceptions.

haha I really like this
Hey, thanks!

That video was kind of cool too.
Old 14-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #6
SolarLune
Minor Glitch
SolarLune will become famous soon enough
California
MC Status: 60

Wow, this is really moody and thoughtful. I like how you mixed in all of the assorted ambient sound effects (cars, footsteps, etc). It makes it feel a lot more 'real' in a sense. Really slick! I think the guitar would fit well, as that largest gap near the middle's kind of long. Great work, again.
SolarLune is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarLune View Post
Wow, this is really moody and thoughtful. I like how you mixed in all of the assorted ambient sound effects (cars, footsteps, etc). It makes it feel a lot more 'real' in a sense. Really slick! I think the guitar would fit well, as that largest gap near the middle's kind of long. Great work, again.
Yeah, between 1.36 and 2.00 is where I'm thinking of putting some guitar.

Thanks for listening!
Old 15-06-2013, 04:10 AM   #8
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

wow!this is soothing as hell!
i think some guitar would be interesting.
cant wait to hear it.
Nice track!
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
aar2697
Granular Poster
aar2697 is a name known to allaar2697 is a name known to allaar2697 is a name known to allaar2697 is a name known to allaar2697 is a name known to allaar2697 is a name known to all
Indiana
MC Status: 560

It's very calming. I think the music the e-piano made was perfect. You have a great ability to use different tones to create different moods. I do think an acoustic guitar would sound nice in this. Also, I think you should use some panning on the street sample. As the car drives by, panning occurs. It'd be kind of cool.

------------------
aar2697 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
Sliptik
Regular Freak
Sliptik is currently spamming hard
Salford
MC Status: 10

Never heard anything much like this before,

Its a very cinematic type track, can see it being used for some scene in a film

Nice melody too. This track paints images in my heard and I feel a lot of emotion from it even if its minimal.

Well done.

Advertisements

Sliptik is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote