A new way for musicians to get heard...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 20-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
AudioJunky
AudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to behold
Johannesburg
MC Status: 781
A new way for musicians to get heard...

First things 1st, I hope it is OK to post this here. Mods please don't Ban me feel free to remove.

I trust you're good and having a good holiday season.

I just finished creating a website that I believe will help musicians build a good audience and sell their music. You can sell your music there and the money goes directly to your paypal account just like on Bandcamp.

Unlike Traxsource, Beatport, iTunes etc... where you don't even know who bought your music, they even get to keep the emails to promote their stuff.

Everyone who buys your music from my site automatically becomes your fan and even if you get a lot of fans it's possible to send all of them a message at once. You can also add them as a friend and keep in touch.

You also have the ability to create special discount coupons. You can also create free downloads if you want to or even just for listening purposes and a whole lot more...

Let me know what you think guys because for me all the platforms I use such as soundcloud, facebook, twitter do allow me to create a fan base but the only problem is that they make sure I can't message everyone at once and something that we regard as promotions is always spam to them. Not to say don't use them or they're not good, they do have their advantages.

Hope you like the idea and you'll use the site. I'm also adding more musicians and labels and I hope everything goes well.

Here's an example of a musician page:
http://talkinmusic.com/musicians/dj-sgz/

Advertisements

------------------
AudioJunky is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269462608
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,849 Posts
Re: A new way for musicians to get heard...

Cool, I've had quick look and already I have a question, if I were to open an account, in which category would the music I make, mostly Industrial and noise go?

It seemed to be too biased towards standard electronic music genre.

But I'll have a deeper look

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
AudioJunky
AudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to behold
Johannesburg

I totally agree, but I'm not biased

Those are the genres I had in mind when creating the site. I welcome any kind of music. Just tell me what genre you want to add and I'll add it. Many Thnx

------------------
Old 20-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
Matt Kwid
Analog Lurker
Matt Kwid has a spectacular aura aboutMatt Kwid has a spectacular aura about
Austin
MC Status: 160

I just created an account. I will upload some music a little later. Nice job on the custom web app.

------------------
Matt Kwid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
AudioJunky
Johannesburg

Many Thnx for joining Matt, I really hope the site helps you promote your music and take your brand to the next level

------------------
Old 21-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
DoctaMario
Soundscaper
DoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MC
Ca$hville, TN
MC Status: 447799

Really good idea actually! The problem with people using mainly Facebook or Twitter to build their fanbase, is that if those sites go away, then you have no way to keep up with your people. Granted this is potentially in a similar situation, but at least you can get information on people buying your music which is important. Good job mate!
DoctaMario is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #7
ChiefWildHawk
Granular Poster
ChiefWildHawk is a jewel in the roughChiefWildHawk is a jewel in the roughChiefWildHawk is a jewel in the rough
B.C.
MC Status: 260

Is it as open to amateurs as soundcloud is? My personal gripe with things like Bandcamp is that it's more directed towards finished projects ready for purchase while Soundcloud is more open in that I use it as a sort of progression journal.
ChiefWildHawk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
AudioJunky
Johannesburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Really good idea actually! The problem with people using mainly Facebook or Twitter to build their fanbase, is that if those sites go away, then you have no way to keep up with your people. Granted this is potentially in a similar situation, but at least you can get information on people buying your music which is important. Good job mate!
Thnx I'm really glad you also like the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWildHawk View Post
Is it as open to amateurs as soundcloud is? My personal gripe with things like Bandcamp is that it's more directed towards finished projects ready for purchase while Soundcloud is more open in that I use it as a sort of progression journal.
The site is really flexible. You can upload music for people to just listen, download free or buy, it's totally up to you. I believe my site is also amateur friendly.

------------------
Old 21-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
ChiefWildHawk
Granular Poster
ChiefWildHawk is a jewel in the roughChiefWildHawk is a jewel in the roughChiefWildHawk is a jewel in the rough
B.C.
MC Status: 260

Sounds awesome! I'll sign myself up for an account and fix it up later!
I'll have to try and get some friends to join in as well.
ChiefWildHawk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #10
AudioJunky
Johannesburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWildHawk View Post
Sounds awesome! I'll sign myself up for an account and fix it up later!
I'll have to try and get some friends to join in as well.
I just saw your account, and it would be great if you can invite some of your friends. Many Thnx

------------------
Old 22-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029991
Thanked 7,251 Times in 4,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioJunky View Post
I just saw your account, and it would be great if you can invite some of your friends. Many Thnx
This is getting a bit spammy now.
Please hold it down or we'll remove this thread.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
AudioJunky
Johannesburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
This is getting a bit spammy now.
Please hold it down or we'll remove this thread.
OK, I get what you mean. Sorry about that lolirl

------------------
Thanks to AudioJunky
lolirl (22-12-2013)
Old 22-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029991
Thanked 7,251 Times in 4,507 Posts

No worries, I'm just giving you a heads up.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:30 AM   #14
mtinezz
Minor Glitch
mtinezz will become famous soon enough
NYC
MC Status: 60

Just joined! How's it the site going??
mtinezz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #15
AudioJunky
Johannesburg

Thnx mtinezz

Honestly, everything didn't go as planned but now I implemented plan B which is working really good to go back to plan A by end of February. I can't complain much because I just deleted 67 spam accounts and 100+ spam blogs today, so people are using the site but for the wrong reasons.

What I'm saying is that, smart marketers are seeing the power of the site that I so wish all musicians could see. Which most of them don't because they create accounts and never come back.

I also have a couple of record labels who will be selling their releases there as well, that should encourage independent musicians to do the same.

Thnx for asking how it's going, I don't want to bore you with the details but I'm happy with the progress so far

------------------
Old 12-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #16
Pao
Regular Freak
Pao will become famous soon enoughPao will become famous soon enough
Schopenhauer's Penis
MC Status: 110

INteresting. I'll have a looksie.
Pao is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 01:46 AM   #17
mtinezz
Minor Glitch
mtinezz will become famous soon enough
NYC
MC Status: 60

I want to make this site big!!
mtinezz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 02:09 AM   #18
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts

Quote:
I totally agree, but I'm not biased

Those are the genres I had in mind when creating the site. I welcome any kind of music. Just tell me what genre you want to add and I'll add it. Many Thnx
No "Ambient" section..any chance of setting one up?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #19
AudioJunky
Johannesburg

Thank you very much guys, your support is much appreciated. and for AMechanics, I have added the "Ambient" genre on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtinezz View Post
I want to make this site big!!
That will be great mtinezz

------------------
Old 13-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #20
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts

Quote:
Thank you very much guys, your support is much appreciated. and for AMechanics, I have added the "Ambient" genre on the site.

That will be great mtinezz
Cheers, AJ..nice one, mate.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote