How do you name your tracks? - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #161
DanielSonic
Learning The Ropes
DanielSonic will become famous soon enough
Duisburg
MC Status: 60
Re: How do you name your tracks?

When writing a song with lyrics, I usually think of a topic first and then try to write the lyrics for the refrain. Then I take a catchy word or phrase from the lyrics to be the name of the song.

Advertisements

DanielSonic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #162
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: How do you name your tracks?

I usually have several different names throughout the process of songwriting; I start by writing some music, then before I save the session for the first time, I call it something that fits the feel of what I've written, and then as I keep working on the song and it evolves, if the meaning changes, I'll change the title. Sometimes, I'll go back to a song that's been finished for a while and change the title if it doesn't feel right a few months later.

Advertisements

floydianslip is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Lemon Jelly