Useful Max For Live devices
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
Paky82
Minor Glitch
Paky82 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Ableton live: control any parameter using only one knob

Hi there,
unfortunately i can't post in the right section yet (Workstation center),
and i hope mods forgive me and can transfer this post in the right section.

Hope to be useful to give you a cool Ableton Live tip: control every parameter in Live using only one knob.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
you can find all info and download link.
notice: you need Max for Live

now my question:
is possible to set one knob of NI Maschine controller in this way or one knob of my keyboard M-Audio Axiom 25? (Without Max for Live)
exemple min 6:18 of [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

if yes how i can do?

I have the default map downloaded from NI Service Center and it doesn't work in this way.
and i know is possible to set several controllers (example novation nocturn) with only one knob for any parameter of Live.
All to do is a click on the parameter with the mouse and use the setted knob.
tks..

Advertisements

Paky82 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
Benwaa
Useful Max For Live devices

Post your favourite/most useful M4L devices and links to them too!

here's my favourite:

Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
chasedobson (26-05-2016)
Old 08-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts
Re: Useful Max For Live devices

And a shameful self-plug :

Description:

-can randomly modulate any device parameter
-randomness can be limited by reducing the maximum size of steps between values (% of total modulation range)
-rate of modulation can be set (synced to bpm)
-can select parameter range within which the randomization happens

This is also pretty useful for Live sets:

'Kapture' saves the state of your Live Set as a preset that can be instantly recalled.

Last edited by professurreal; 08-04-2014 at 11:49 AM..

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
Paky82
Minor Glitch

thank you for support.
about my question do you know if is possible to do without M4L?
Old 08-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
Re: Ableton live: control any parameter using only one knob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paky82 View Post
now my question:
is possible to set one knob of NI Maschine controller in this way or one knob of my keyboard M-Audio Axiom 25? (Without Max for Live)
exemple min 6:18 of [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

if yes how i can do?
Sorry but I don't understand what you want to do. Could you please explain it a bit more? Do you just want to map the decay to a knob on your controller?

------------------
Old 08-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
Paky82
Minor Glitch

no just use the automap function typic of novation controllers for my NI maschine midi controller

example: i put an autofilter in a Ableton channel. i select the envelope parameter with the mouse and edit the position with a Knob (suppose knob 1 ) of Machine. well then i select with the mouse the attack parameter and edit the position with the same knob (knob 1)
i will use one knob for any parameter of live.
look at the video linked in my post and you can understand what i mean. go to minute 6:16 and you can see that he's working on impulse instrument and he change the parameter in this way. for sure this guy has a novation controller.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paky82 View Post
no just use the automap function typic of novation controllers for my NI maschine midi controller

example: i put an autofilter in a Ableton channel. i select the envelope parameter with the mouse and edit the position with a Knob (suppose knob 1 ) of Machine. well then i select with the mouse the attack parameter and edit the position with the same knob (knob 1)
i will use one knob for any parameter of live.
look at the video linked in my post and you can understand what i mean. go to minute 6:16 and you can see that he's working on impulse instrument and he change the parameter in this way. for sure this guy has a novation controller.
Oh OK, I know what you mean. My answer would be: no, because if you could what would be the purpose of the max4live plugin?

Maybe this could be done with custom controller maps like the ones you select where you setup the midi devices but I don't know anything about how they are created or if you can even import your own...
I guess it should work with the Novation Automap but I've never really used it (I have a launchpad).

------------------
Old 08-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #8
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744040641
Thanked 7,464 Times in 4,621 Posts

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 123160
Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,442 Posts

Here, I've made this earlier, it's called "teh mystery button".

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #10
Paky82
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
Is it a script? What exactly does and how it works?
I'm not sure how to use it in ableton.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #11
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
Last time I tried this I couldn't figure out how it worked (?). Do you have a way that I can ?
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #12
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 123160
Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
Last time I tried this I couldn't figure out how it worked (?). Do you have a way that I can ?
You got it working before, just double click or drag that file straight to Live. I should have included readme file. What it does? It's a mystery.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:32 AM   #13
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Aye mon twas jokes

Will try version 2, though. I'm in a rush to get binaural tinnitus instead this normal kind
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #14
5th Spear
Knob Twiddler
5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute
Cardiff
MC Status: 2460

Download Pd...

Take the input of the midi controller and split it to multiple midi CCs. Would be a very simple patch to create, you'd just need to run PD in the background, and make sure you've got either IAC bus activated in Mac OS or whatever the windows alternative is.

Pd is essentially a rougher looking version of Max, and does many of the same things, just not integrated into Live, but it's free.

There's a thread lying around here somewhere of people doing projects, maybe ask someone to quickly make one for you?

Edit: It would be a pain in the ass to map to each parameter but still possible...

Last edited by 5th Spear; 17-04-2014 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: Adding comment

Advertisements

------------------
5th Spear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote