One-hour acid throwdown (showcase)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Techno Techno Techno Techno Techno

Old 07-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6660
One-hour acid throwdown (showcase)

The challenge: take about an hour to tweak out on an acid track and post it here by 12pm GMT on January 14 for our listening enjoyment / amusement.

Need inspiration

Advertisements

TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
hennck
Microknight
hennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to behold
Aabenraa
MC Status: 760
Re: One-hour acid throwdown (showcase)

Cannot participate but I am very interested in your throwdowns.

/H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL072 View Post
The challenge: take about an hour to tweak out on an acid track and post it here by 12pm GMT on January 14 for our listening enjoyment / amusement.

Need inspiration

------------------
Old school Danish dance music radio shows incl. playlists from before music went havoc. Give it a listen: http://det-dur.dk/detdur/durcast.html
hennck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute

Right. It's on...

I give you "Chazwazza". Completed in 1 hour and about ten minutes.. watch those tweeters

Probably more Kooky Scientist than Stay Up for Ever...

Last edited by TL072; 11-01-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Old 12-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
hennck
Microknight
hennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to beholdhennck is a splendid one to behold
Aabenraa

TL072, your track sounds like very early Londonish bedroom acid.

If that was your intention, mission accomplished.

Not really a banger (drums a bit flat), though.

Just my two cents.

/H

Quote:
Right. It's on...

I give you "Chazwazza". Completed in 1 hour and about ten minutes.. watch those tweeters

Probably more Kooky Scientist than Stay Up for Ever...

------------------
Old school Danish dance music radio shows incl. playlists from before music went havoc. Give it a listen: http://det-dur.dk/detdur/durcast.html
Old 13-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
TL072
Master of the LFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennck View Post
TL072, your track sounds like very early Londonish bedroom acid.

If that was your intention, mission accomplished.

Not really a banger (drums a bit flat), though.

Just my two cents.

/H
Thanks for feedback. Not 100% certain I know what you mean by bedroom acid, but I think I do - and then mission accomplished It is fun writing a track where the constraints make it hard take the output too seriously. I just hope someone fires up Rebirth or something and cuts loose and pastes it here.

I have been listening to a bit of juke and baltimore breaks lately and I sit there trying to figure out how I can unwire my music brain to make something with as much raw energy. Perhaps I will, refine the setup and take a stab at a 1 hour noisy acid monster next... Hopefull the rest of the sub-forum will continue to indulge me...
Old 13-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
Roland_Abuser
Radial Developer
Roland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to behold
Good `Ol Yorkshire

This is a great idea

Don't think I'll be participating in this one (at least to the point of posting a track) as am still learning but it's nice to listen to what others can accomplish in an hour. Might give it a go just to show myself what I'm capable of though.

Enjoyed yours TL; for something that took an hour it's not bad at all... Nice spacey, trippy feel to it. Not my usual 'go to' style of acid but nice for something a bit more chilled.
Roland_Abuser is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
hennck
Microknight
Aabenraa

Throw some examples of what you have been listening to there, TL...

Quote:

I have been listening to a bit of juke and baltimore breaks lately and I sit there trying to figure out how I can unwire my music brain to make something with as much raw energy.

------------------
Old 22-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #8
Awentekr
Soundwave Mangler
Awentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud of
London
MC Status: 1260

Found this thread, I think this should be a regular thing, seems fun, I like just playing something in real time in Rebirth.
I made this track in about 20 minutes.
https://awentekr.bandcamp.com/track/...star-galactica
Awentekr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Awentekr
TL072 (22-09-2014)
Old 22-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
TL072
Master of the LFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awentekr View Post
Found this thread, I think this should be a regular thing, seems fun, I like just playing something in real time in Rebirth.
I made this track in about 20 minutes.
https://awentekr.bandcamp.com/track/...star-galactica
Aha. Nice revival of an old thread. It never got the love that I had hoped - you have filled that missing space. There is the bi-weekly beat battles, which if you could win, you could also set the rules to an acid melt-down.

I will see if I can make an acid tune in the next couple of days.
Old 22-09-2014, 11:56 PM   #10
Awentekr
Soundwave Mangler
Awentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud of
London
MC Status: 1260

Quote:
Aha. Nice revival of an old thread. It never got the love that I had hoped - you have filled that missing space. There is the bi-weekly beat battles, which if you could win, you could also set the rules to an acid melt-down.

I will see if I can make an acid tune in the next couple of days.

This definitely needs to be a regular thing! I will check out the battles too
Awentekr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #11
Freddie
Minor Glitch
Freddie will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Need to have taken some serious drugs before enjoying Acid Techno... Haha, and ofcourse preferebly, ACID!

Advertisements

Freddie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote