Maschine - brains of a lofi setup?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282884
Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,755 Posts
Maschine - brains of a lofi setup?

Hi, so i want to buy some cheap hardware to add a lofi quality to my music. not only that but i love using hardware as it adds creativity to my tracks.

i was thinking of getting a cheap sampler as the brains of it all (like an electribe es-1) and a sequencer like the yamaha qy70 (for example) to sequence a desktop synth.

i realised these purchases both feel pointless though when i own a Maschine! can anyone tell me the best way to hook everything up (if any) so that i can have the step sequencer in my maschine controlling maybe 2 synths, and recording back in all the loops ive created for extra chopping.

also id be happy to involve an external sampler anyway if that makes more sense, the less the computer is used the better, but at the same time getting what ive done into my DAW for manipulation has to be easy.

if it helps i have about 250 quid to spend on an audio interface. if it sounds like im not sure what im on about its because im not! help greatly appreciated

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
magavan
Soundwave Mangler
magavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MC
MC Status: 125540
Re: Maschine - brains of a lofi setup?

I definitely recommend reading the manual if you haven't already. You'd probably get more answers in th Maschine forum. Plenty of YouTube tutorials out there too.

As for recording synths (I assume external) into Maschine, read up on the Sync mode for sampling. It let's you predefine the length of a sample in bars and Maschine will record a clean cut loop in sync with the master tempo and have it ready for you to sequence it, all without having to trim the sample afterward or stopping the sequencer at any point.

Advertisements

magavan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote