Top laptops for production???? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 27-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #21
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762791
Re: Top laptops for production????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Beats View Post
is it wrong to want to punch every single one of them in the face?
No, actually.....be my guest.

At my university there is an unproportional amount of hipsters boasting their macbook pros. Dude! They are using a macbook pro to check their emails, write along during lectures and listen to shitty music on iTunes!

Advertisements

mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #22
Middie
Ghostly
Middie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 7202625

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischjok View Post

At my university there is an unproportional amount of hipsters boasting their macbook pros. Dude! They are using a macbook pro to check their emails, write along during lectures and listen to shitty music on iTunes!

They should go with the Macbook Air (and still have a tremendously overpowered computer for what they need)
Middie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
Spax88
Soundscaper
Spax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MC
MC Status: 6802622

The specs on Lenovo laptops are really good and the reviews place them as reliable as MacBooks. They're consistently runners up in 'Most Reliable' lists from review sites/magazines. And they're a fraction of the price of Macs. That's where my next laptop purchase will fall for sure.

------------------
Spax88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #24
Junket
Savage Mad Cunt
Junket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MC
Seattle/LA
MC Status: 5031597

yea uhh

all hipster bullshit aside,

i love my macbook pro
Junket is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #25
Spax88
Soundscaper
Spax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MCSpax88 is a savage MC
MC Status: 6802622

Quote:

That's what annoys me the most about Mac products. It's like another £200 to add 0.1GHz to your processor, £150 to add 4Gb of ram, etc., and hipsters just bust their entire student loan on a 'top' spec MBP that's insignificantly 'better' than the lowest model so they can watch shit films and listen to 128kbp mp3's through £400 headphones. So irritating.

------------------
Spax88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #26
theglimmerroom
Regular Freak
theglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond reputetheglimmerroom has a reputation beyond repute
Nr Colchester
MC Status: 8285

If your going the Windows way please try and check the DPC latency I have twice been caught out by this and it cost me a lot of money in the long run. I used this [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to check mine and try to sort out any problems. If you take it to a shop they might let you run it off a usb stick, ask first though!
theglimmerroom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #27
Middie
Ghostly
Middie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 7202625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
yea uhh

all hipster bullshit aside,

i love my macbook pro

I just bought one. Apart from having to buy software again, I've gotta admit they're right when they say "Apple - It just works". The only issues I've had were with my Numark NS6, but it appears as though that Serato not giving a fuck about any of their users, not just Mac.
Middie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #28
Truthseeker
Learning The Ropes
Truthseeker is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spax88 View Post
The specs on Lenovo laptops are really good and the reviews place them as reliable as MacBooks. They're consistently runners up in 'Most Reliable' lists from review sites/magazines. And they're a fraction of the price of Macs. That's where my next laptop purchase will fall for sure.
When buying Lenovo make sure you choose the ThinkPad series since it's the only part of Lenovo still being developed by IBM and therefor extremely reliable, using the latest IT knowledge.

I've been using Lenovo for 3 years now and I have to say I'm really happy with it's performance.
Probably the next best thing after Mac but a whole lot cheaper.
Truthseeker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #29
Unique Beats
Unique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MC
Edinburgh
MC Status: 56114726

Quote:
When buying Lenovo make sure you choose the ThinkPad series since it's the only part of Lenovo still being developed by IBM and therefor extremely reliable, using the latest IT knowledge.
The Thinkpad range also means you'll be spending more money as they are priced higher from what i can see. They are pretty good though.

If you are going to be spending a bit of money then I recommend the Dell XPS range or Alienware.

------------------
Smell my cheese you mother!
Unique Beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #30
Keef Baker
Keef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MC
Leeds
MC Status: 10176330

You know what the main thing is?

Getting one where the CPU/Hard drive doesn't output quiet blippy hissy excrement to your sound card.

I owned an Acer once thinking that an external USB card would mean I didn't have to worry about it. I was wrong.

Also had that issue less prominently with an HP.

I switched to Mac in 2006 and it's been great.

I would love to get a PC next though so I don't have to pay Apples cockraping prices.

------------------
Updated spotify list of all the stuff I've been involved with here:
And bandcamp for stuff I wouldn't even go to a record company with here: https://keefbaker.bandcamp.com/
There's other stuff out there but I can't be fucked to list it.
Keef Baker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #31
erik mitchell
Deep Underground
erik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MC
Denver
MC Status: 300691

Be sure to research whether other people have had any problems with the laptop (overheating for example)

------------------

Follow me: soundcloud - facebook
erik mitchell is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik mitchell View Post
Be sure to research whether other people have had any problems with the laptop (overheating for example)
Don´t Mac´s tend to overheat?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #33
Somnio
KDØSKH
Somnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MC
Boulder
MC Status: 2240146

Quote:
Don´t Mac´s tend to overheat?
No.
Somnio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #34
mischjok
Guy with a computer
Not German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnio View Post
No.
The MacBoor air does...

Advertisements