To maschine or not to maschine - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #21
bandcoach
Banned
bandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MCbandcoach is a savage MC
Sydney
MC Status: 39022286
Re: To maschine or not to maschine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
Maschine looks great!!! Anyone recommend it for minimal techno??
certainly will work within a minimal context.

Advertisements

bandcoach is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #22
Skullee
Knob Twiddler
Skullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond reputeSkullee has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4601

I have had some GAS on this for a while, but havent really got myself around to buy it yet!
I have seen many people using it live, but is it as good to use in studioproductions as using it live on stage? And also..its basically just a midi controller right!? You cant sit in the sofa with ONLY the Maschine and make beats!? You need a computer plugged into it as well?

------------------
Skullee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #23
Zwickel
Learning The Ropes
Zwickel is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Its been really helpful and the sounds are top quality, check the dubstop site they show how to integrate Maschine/ableton and maschine/traktor together. Routing is simple, specially in Mac.
Zwickel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 04:07 AM   #24
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullee View Post
I have had some GAS on this for a while, but havent really got myself around to buy it yet!
I have seen many people using it live, but is it as good to use in studioproductions as using it live on stage? And also..its basically just a midi controller right!? You cant sit in the sofa with ONLY the Maschine and make beats!? You need a computer plugged into it as well?
If you want to make beats while sitting on the sofa you just need two pillows
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #25
magavan
Soundwave Mangler
magavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MC
MC Status: 125540

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthraz View Post
It really depends on the preference on workflow. Maschine turns software into hardware like no other combination of software and midi controller can even get close to because of the level of hardware integration it has. It can eliminate the need to constantly stare at the computer screen and touch the mouse while making music. That is a big deal for many including myself and makes all the difference.
magavan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #26
Louderest
Louderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond repute
Canberra
MC Status: 9380

For anyone considering buying a Maschine, first ask yourself if the ability to import midi is important to you... [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Louderest is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #27
Louderest
Louderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond repute
Canberra

Another question about Maschine... the front and back of the box says "Komplete Elements free download after registration" but I've registered and it's nowhere to be seen. Anyone know where I might find it?

------------------
Old 13-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #28
Bio Tainted
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9491858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louderest View Post
Another question about Maschine... the front and back of the box says "Komplete Elements free download after registration" but I've registered and it's nowhere to be seen. Anyone know where I might find it?
should be easy to find, did you get an email after reg? that will give you your code and a link to download

------------------
Master by Benwaa -
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #29
Louderest
Canberra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio Tainted View Post
should be easy to find, did you get an email after reg? that will give you your code and a link to download
That's what I would have thought too, but still no email after almost two weeks. No response to my ticket enquiry through their website either. Hopefully will hear back soon...

------------------
Old 13-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #30
Bio Tainted
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9491858

Quote:
That's what I would have thought too, but still no email after almost two weeks. No response to my ticket enquiry through their website either. Hopefully will hear back soon...
that does sound weird dude. The email that is link with your account is valid i guess? you can check when you log on to there service centre thing or website.

Other than that seems like your getting fucking in the ass, mine was pretty much instant

------------------
Master by Benwaa -
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 04:55 AM   #31
DJJammy1
Learning The Ropes
DJJammy1 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Korg Padkontrol & Nerve Drum Set is pretty good, but I think the Maschine is better overall... even if it does cost more
DJJammy1 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #32
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903359
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,108 Posts

Quote:
For anyone considering buying a Maschine, first ask yourself if the ability to import midi is important to you... [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Well, that's not entirely true. You can't directly import MIDI into Maschine. You can however send MIDI data from a host program to Maschine. I often import the MIDI data into Live and then send it to a Group or Sound as required.

Quote:
Really? That's odd. I usually get a reply from Native Instruments within 24 hours. However, I know there have been some issues with their back-end this year so it might have gotten lost. I would recommend putting in another ticket for registrations AND sales (as, essentially, this is a sales enquiry).

If you don't hear by next week, PM with the email you contacted them under, I'll see if I can get in touch with someone
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #33
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903359
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoec21 View Post
So i have been deciding if i wanted to buy this for a little bit now... I love the integration of the vst and all that... but i have been reading that people are having problems with syncing and crashing and stupid bug problems. I use logic as my main DAW...

anyone have anything to say?
Hmm, I haven't heard anything about issues with synching. Can you be more specific? The only time I have had issues with synching is with when running as standalone and synching with another application (Like Traktor) or another laptop. But that's not a problem exclusive to Maschine.

I can't recommend Maschine highly enough. I'm a technical producer, but I prefer more traditional workflows, centred around recording as opposed to programming. From a creative perspective, Maschine was great because it took me back to my early sequencing days - where the MPC would just run in the corner and you'd move between instruments creating sounds and storing them.

It's very easy to use out of the box. However, to really harness its power, there is a significant learning curve. This is particularly true if you have had no experience with MIDI hardware in the past. However, once you get the hang of it, it's an extremely powerful tool for controlling your entire studio. That being said, I would like to see each group get its on MIDI i/o in a future version as opposed to one global MIDI i/o as is the case at present.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #34
Louderest
Canberra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
If you don't hear by next week, PM with the email you contacted them under, I'll see if I can get in touch with someone
Thanks Jaded. Will wait and see if I've heard back from them by next week. Otherwise if not I might also follow up with someone from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(the Australia distributor) and see if they can pull some strings. They've helped me out with a couple of enquiries before and been quick and friendly.

Ta for pointing out the midi work-around too. Yeah I need to spend a bit of time working out the Maschine-Logic integration. I have Logic but have never spent the time to work out how to use all the midi and automation features (which I know are powerful but there's a fairly steep learning curve that I haven't had the tenacity to see through yet).

I was hoping to be able to mainly use Maschine as a stand alone, but to really unlock its full potential as a remixing tool it seems like using it in conjunction with Logic is the way to go.

I must say I'm liking the Maschine overall though.

Advertisements

------------------