ABLETON LIVE: User/FAQ thread - Page 29
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #561
Fluxoe
Regular Freak
Fluxoe will become famous soon enough
Perth
MC Status: 60
Re: ABLETON LIVE: User/FAQ thread

Another quick tip i have found is making volume automation within Ableton so much easier! (hope this hasn't been mentioned before).

Some of you may may know how frustrating it can/might get when you want to do a faders up mix before getting into the the EQ-ing, compression etc and it can be a hassle having to manually change all the automation of the single track if it's linked to the track volume fader.

I found that if you are to insert an audio effect rack or midi effect rack and map the volume of that chain and use that to automate instead of the track volume fader, it makes it a lot easier down the road when you start mixing etc, since your not spending as much time on tweaking each point for automation.
Hope this helps and makes sense

Advertisements

Fluxoe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Fluxoe
Esten Toreo (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #562
Esten Toreo
Microknight
Esten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

Cheers Fluxoe. I use the "utility" audio effect for this. I never thought of doing it your way.

Yours seems better because you can go right down to -inf. Although using a utility is a little tidier imho. Ideally the utility would go to -inf.

That's cool, I'll use that if I need total silence.

------------------
Industrial Glitch-Hop Psychofunk?

Esten Toreo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #563
JohnnyRocket
Regular Freak
JohnnyRocket will become famous soon enough
San Francisco

Thanks for the tip
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontlame View Post
As i was messing around with a kick drum today, I discovered a super cool trick to make micro-edit of pitch on a audio clip.

Actually i was searching for a way to envelope the pitch on a audio clip, obviously there is no "fluid" way to do that so i used warp point (in repitch mode) to define the part of my drum i wanted to speed up or slow down.

It's super useful because you can define very precisely where the pitch change take effect, no more endless tweaking of pitch envelope !. On the other hand these changes are very abrupt so this method is only effective for subtle correction.
JohnnyRocket is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2015, 05:20 AM   #564
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25810

So I asked these questions in the ableton forum with no joy yet so now that I found this thread I am going to ask here as well:
1- how do I record automation in arranger view with push 2? I seem to remember doing it with push 1 but can't remember how
2- is it possible to step automate effect parameters in audio clips as in midi clips? That would be amazing?!
Hopefully someone smarter than I can help! Oh and I have RTFM

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:34 PM   #565
anonymaus
Learning The Ropes
anonymaus will become famous soon enough

How can I change rate whole project? In reaper I can slow down without pitching down and I can write notes what I want (now only I make remakes, I'm newbie)
anonymaus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:53 PM   #566
Metaside
Soundscaper
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6560

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymaus View Post
How can I change rate whole project? In reaper I can slow down without pitching down and I can write notes what I want (now only I make remakes, I'm newbie)
Not sure if I understand this correctly, but if the audio clip is warped, live keeps the clip size fixed - so if you want to keep the absolute length of an audio clip unchanged while changing tempo, you have to unwarp the clip. however, changing tempo with warped clips only leads to glitching for less subtle changes, not to pitch changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
2- is it possible to step automate effect parameters in audio clips as in midi clips?
If you warp an audio clip you can draw in some automation in the envelopes box and change the grid size accordingly, but only for a few parameters.

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #567
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC

Quote:
If you warp an audio clip you can draw in some automation in the envelopes box and change the grid size accordingly, but only for a few parameters.
I meant directly from push 2 I figure they could match up the wave form in the new screen with the grid and the you could press and hold steps and do the step automation like that! That would be amazing if it was a thing!

------------------
Old 12-01-2016, 09:05 PM   #568
Metaside
Soundscaper
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I meant directly from push 2 I figure they could match up the wave form in the new screen with the grid and the you could press and hold steps and do the step automation like that! That would be amazing if it was a thing!
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Don't know if it's possible, though (no fancy Push here, just a QuNeo )...

------------------
Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #569
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaside View Post
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Don't know if it's possible, though (no fancy Push here, just a QuNeo )...
It isn't yet unfortunately!
How do you like the quneo? I might be looking for a pad controller for my iPad in the future, right now that or a beatstep pro are my 2 top choices

------------------
Old 13-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #570
Metaside
Soundscaper

Quote:
How do you like the quneo? I might be looking for a pad controller for my iPad in the future, right now that or a beatstep pro are my 2 top choices
I have never been using any external sequencing tools, so no idea how the QuNeo compares to the Beatstep in sum, but it is a great tool, especially if you have some time and want to make your own custom midi control setups. It offers a lot of possibilities (every drum pad puts out signals for note, velocity and x/y values, alternatively you can use the four corners of a pad for notes without the x/y functions, you can change sensitivity of every pad and so on), so it is great if you want to make your own completely crazy control setup - but you need to invest some time for that. Out of the box you can select a few templates that already give a lot of possibilities and I have to admit, that's how I still use it mostly. Also, I have to say that quite often I only use mouse and keyboard for music production and for really easy MIDI control stuff like putting a few parameters on dials, I often just use my MPK mini...
But I'm glad I have the QuNeo if I want to do some flexible or more complex controlling...

------------------
Thanks to Metaside
jbvdb493 (13-01-2016)
Old 21-06-2016, 11:43 PM   #571
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

So I moved some things around on my computer and deleted some things and now I can't find something in Live. I used to have three racks that I never made myself so I'm assuming they came with a Live Pack I must have downloaded and deleted. The names of the racks were 16snares, 16hats, and 16kicks. Anyone know what pack these might have come from or where I could go to download these again?

Sorry if a bit vague as I'm sure there are lots of racks out there called the same thing but, like I said, I believe they came with Live in some way so that should narrow it down.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #572
timekraftcanvas
Regular Freak
timekraftcanvas will become famous soon enough

Is this exclusively for Ableton? The "Workstation" section?
timekraftcanvas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 02:38 AM   #573
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

^This thread is Ableton exclusive by virtue of the title but the Workstation Sub-Forum is open for workstation chatter of any kind.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #574
NakedOperator
Regular Freak
NakedOperator is currently spamming hard
Hamburg
MC Status: 10

i don`t know if this is 100 % the right thread... ( i looked for Ableton Tips... but did not find one thread like this)

I just found out that you can use a MAX LFO to automate/move around every (?) parameter of anything in live...

so for example every knob you normally would record automation or turning yourself... you can, while you keep working on, let the lfo do some variations...

I guess lot of you know this, but i been sleeping about this until today (and i use live almost 8 years now)...

Sounds simple, but for me it is a kind of game changer...

(you can search youtube for "Adding Modulation with Max for Live's LFO" ... for a detailed explanation by someone)
NakedOperator is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Popol Vuh
Old 27-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #575
Somn
Minor Glitch
Somn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to all
Stockholm
MC Status: 610

Quote:
I would split the audio clip in simpler using slices, for examples to 4ths.

Then I would convert it to a drum rack.

Then I would use the sequencer to enter the samples in order to automate them to the grid

------------------
Somn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #576
tama262
Minor Glitch
tama262 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

What is a simple solution to using some vsts from windows in osx ?

Advertisements

tama262 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote