MIDI mapping in Live (Multi-Channel Mapping?)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 16-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Acharis
Minor Glitch
Acharis is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
MIDI mapping in Live (Multi-Channel Mapping?)

I apologize if this has an easy answer such as "No" but I've been researching this question for the past 2 hours with no avail. I'm pretty new to Live.

Is it possible to have multiple channels for a MIDI controller that would allow me to assign multiple clips from the same key or pad? For example, say I'm setting up a live set as a set list for a live performance I'm doing. I have all my loop clips loaded in for each song, now I need to map out the MIDI controller to trigger the clips, but I have way more clips than keys on the controller. Having a separate channel for each song would be the way to go I'd say, but is that possible?

Would it be a device specific issue or something I could do in ableton? If there isn't some way to do this, what else could I possibly do as far as assigning clips?

I suppose I could have each song as a separate live set, but there would be silence between each song while the live set loads up, so that's not really an option. I'm not entirely sure of the most proficient way to play entire live sets in Live.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------
Acharis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1535477
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,242 Posts
Re: MIDI mapping in Live (Multi-Channel Mapping?)

yes, you can do this.

you need to set up your controller first, so that you can easily switch between midi channels.

from there its easy enough to map way. map on 1 channel, switch to 2 map some more... etc.

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote